User Avatar Image

Would you leave Lilly if she had killed Ben?

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

If, instead of Carley or Doug, Ben was killed would you leave Lilly by the road or taker her with you?

189 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think that I would have left her on the roads if she killed Ben. Even if I knew that Ben took the supplies he wouldn't deserve to get shot by a member of the group. Such a behaviour would only harm the whole group and people would start loosing the trust in each other.

• @Red Panda said: If, instead of Carley or Doug, Ben was killed would you leave Lilly by the road or taker her with you?

Yeah, it was his own fault people died, so Lilly taking care of him wouldn't mind me.

@Red Panda said: Lilly es peligroso.

It's a she, so it's "Lilly es peligrosa!".

• With killing Doug she basically killed Ben as she did shoot at him and Doug sacrificed himself.

The only difference would be Doug would be alive instead of Ben

In a way that would be worse as there would always be the suspicion of who was the traitor and we will never know.

I'd still have saved her but I would probably conspire more with her to try and find out who the real traitor was and she may have not left and I may have accused Kenny and punished them both...

• @Eric Northman said: Do you really think of Ben as a traitor? In his own way he was trying to save the group. The bandits wouldn't have just left everyone alone if they weren't getting something in return. In actuality he bought the group time to finsh repairing the RV.

If Ben was stealing the supplies to keep Lee's group safe he wouldn't have had to hide what he did and get Carly killed as those reasons would have been admirable. He stole the supplies to save his friends which he believed the bandits were holding prisoner, that was the excuse he gave Lee when he was on the train.

Ben was on watch and he didn't tell Lee's group the bandits were coming. The whole point to him being on the RV roof was to alert Lee's group of approaching threats. He said nothing which makes him a traitor in my books. He probably hoped they would have taken the stash secretly and left. The thing is the bandits didn't know that the rest of the group didn't know about the deal that they made with Ben. At some point Ben would have had to of met with them in secret, hence all the sneaking around with the flash light which he broke and lied about. In my play through he lied terribly and at times got angry with me for suggesting his involvement even though I told him I wouldn't be upset if it was him that broke the flash light so I don't buy the the whole he was young and scared argument. He trusted and respected Lee. He probably new the group would not go along with the deal if they knew about it and he didn't want to risk his friends in the bandits captivity coming to harm. The same way Clem hid the fact she was talking to the stranger from the group because she knew the group would not agree to go to him and he promised to reunite her with her parents. They both kept secrets from the group to get what they wanted the difference is Clem is only a 9 year old girl and didn't lie to the group at all.

It would have been better for the group if Ben hadn't been dealing with the bandits. The group would of known what they were up against and would have been prepared in stead of getting complacent and letting their guard down. If the group were stationed in one of the upstairs apartments they would have had higher ground and the advantage over the bandits. The bandits wouldn't know how many were in Lee's group or how many guns they had if they couldn't see them. The reason Lee's people were out in the open is because they were oblivious to the threat of the bandits. They assumed the bandits had left them alone or died out.

Kenny was only fixing the RV so he could take his family and anyone he liked to the coast. The rest of the group weren't planning to leave if they were they would have just used Kenny's pick up truck. They were forced to leave because they were caught unawares and their safe haven was compromised which wouldn't of happened if they were prepared and aware that the bandits were still out there.

• @Calamitymlc said: Well what I meant is that if Duck was really truly bitten to be an immediate danger he would have been in a more serious condition but I see what you mean. Either way it would have taken Duck a fairly long time to turn, he could have been dealt with long after the fact if he was bitten, while Larry was presumed to die in a few minutes which caused a lot more problems. The danger between each is not equal, that's why throwing out Duck made much less sense than killing Larry. Especially because it doesn't make sense to lose an ally over something that could be easily managed.

As for the Kenny situation I guess we can just agree to disagree, I guess that's the whole point of having two conflicting characters, eventually people will pick sides :P.

The rate of time it takes for a dead person to reanimate varies from one individual to another. Some times it takes minutes, sometimes hours and some times a day so from Lee's point of view and even us playing the game Duck was equally as much a threat in the drug store as Larry was in the meat locker. We didn't know if Duck was bitten until after we defended him and we didn't know if Larry was going to die or turn into a zombie before Kenny killed him. The fact that he stopped breathing means nothing because Maggie stopped breathing in the comics and that didn't stop the group from trying to save her. She lived because they didn't give up on her or take the easiest option of killing her in case she reanimated.

• @Sisterofshane said: If it were my choice, I would have left her at the Motor Inn after the bandit attack. It was obvious to me that she was a loose cannon and that keeping her around would result in something bad.

Wow! That's kind of harsh considering Lilly saved the group from the bandits. She planned a counter attack with Lee from her motel room. She had Lee keep them distracted whilst she got a vantage point and gave Lee the opening to fight the remaining bandits after she took out the leader. Even as a loose cannon she was still alert and sharp enough to neutralize the threat. In that motion she even saved Kenny. If I was her I would have taken out Kenny with that bullet as pay back for killing Larry. That would of confused the bandits even more and still have given the opening for Lee to take out the rest of the attackers.

Even though she saved Kenny at that point he still tried to drive off without her.

If the group had thanked her for saving them and praised her leadership maybe that whole scene with Ben/Carly/Doug would have played out differently. Appreciation goes along way.

• Um... actually she was also the cause of Duck getting bitten and Carley's death. Also lead to Katjaa's. She shot the bandits even after Lee made a deal with them. They could have gave them some supplies and snuck out of town. Instead, she started a fight with an army of bandits. She saved noone, and cost them lots of supplies and weapons, considering they had no time to grab everything. So being selfish and not wanting to give some to the bandits cost them not only all the supplies they were trying to protect, but cost them group members too. had she waited for the bandits to react, then she could have attacked them if necessary. Instead, they instantly lost "everything". So yeah, I wanted to leave her anyway. My first playthrough I tried to forgive her, and she not only shot Carley but stole the RV. So now, I just say screw her.

• @IceRyder said: I can't believe some people would consider taking that psychotic, cowardly, backstabbing, hypocritical murderer with them.

She was willing to shoot and succeed in killing an innocent person based on a hunch whether it was Carley or Ben, all she had was accusations, not enough to prove someone of stealing from them besides, she mainly killed Carley because she called Lilly out on what she is. Leaving her to fend for herself was the only humane way of punishing her for her crime. Taking her with you is basically rewarding her and a stab in the back to Carley/Doug who you had gotten close with and had your back. Besides, you take her, she steals the RV from under your nose, possibly killing everyone else but her.

If I had the option, I would've killed her on the spot. She's better off dead.

Even if she killed Doug, Carly or her original target Ben, she was still good to Lee and Clementine in my play through and she had just saved the group from the bandits attack. She only ran off with the RV because she had been tied up and probably thought the group were planning to kill her or leave her somewhere any way. If she wasn't tied up she wouldn't have stole the RV she would have gone to Savannah if she was forgiven. The only person that would of been in danger would of been Ben. She was tied to keep her from killing Ben. (I seem to recall someone else wanting to kill Ben for the same reason as her. Oh yeah it was Kenny in ep4) She was cool with everybody else. If she wanted Kenny dead he would have been dead already.

• @Mark$man said: Um... actually she was also the cause of Duck getting bitten and Carley's death. Also lead to Katjaa's. She shot the bandits even after Lee made a deal with them. They could have gave them some supplies and snuck out of town. Instead, she started a fight with an army of bandits. She saved noone, and cost them lots of supplies and weapons, considering they had no time to grab everything. So being selfish and not wanting to give some to the bandits cost them not only all the supplies they were trying to protect, but cost them group members too. had she waited for the bandits to react, then she could have attacked them if necessary. Instead, they instantly lost "everything". So yeah, I wanted to leave her anyway. My first playthrough I tried to forgive her, and she not only shot Carley but stole the RV. So now, I just say screw her.

I agree.Same thing for me. My 1st play through tried to be reasonable and keep the group together with no rewinds. The more I had played I realized how selfish and unreasonable Lily really was. So if Lily shot Ben instead. I would have told her "Thanks for shootin Ben he was a liability but your still one crazy decietfull cunt" and then left her ass on the road.

• @That1Guy said: You guys also have to take into account that Carley would want you to leave her behind. Doug, however, would pressure you to bring her along.

At the end of the day Kenny tried to kill Ben at the school. If he wasn't stopped by Lee he would have beat him to death. Kenny actually supports and praises your decision to let Ben die in ep4 if you don't save him. If Kenny wasn't with stood he would have killed Ben. Would people have tied up Kenny or left him at Crawford for killing Ben? Hell no. Why did Lilly want Ben dead? Because she blamed him for the assault on the motor inn. Why did Kenny want to kill Ben? Because he blamed Ben for the assault on the motor inn which led to the death of his family. Ben was Lilly's original target, Carly got caught in the cross fire metaphorically speaking. Lilly projected her anger for what Ben did onto Carly when she aggravated her. I loved Carly but if the group had been encouraging Carly to be quiet she would of lived longer.

Add Comment