User Avatar Image

Would you leave Lilly if she had killed Ben?

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 4.3K users

If, instead of Carley or Doug, Ben was killed would you leave Lilly by the road or taker her with you?

189 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @That1Guy said: I'd leave her behind. It's still killing a group member.

Would you of left Kenny behind if he had killed Ben in the school in ep 4? Kenny wanted Ben dead at that point in the game and was willing to take his life, not for the good of the group but out of revenge. Lilly never sought revenge after Kenny killed her dad. She wanted Ben out of the group, one way or another for the good of the group. The only reason Kenny didn't kill Ben was because the game allowed us to intervene and stop him. Lilly was willing to kill Ben in one part of the game and Kenny was willing to kill him in another.

• @dee23 said: At the end of the day Kenny tried to kill Ben at the school. If he wasn't stopped by Lee he would have beat him to death. Kenny actually supports and praises your decision to let Ben die in ep4 if you don't save him. If Kenny wasn't with stood he would have killed Ben. Would people have tied up Kenny or left him at Crawford for killing Ben? Hell no. Why did Lilly want Ben dead? Because she blamed him for the assault on the motor inn. Why did Kenny want to kill Ben? Because he blamed Ben for the assault on the motor inn which led to the death of his family. Ben was Lilly's original target, Carly got caught in the cross fire metaphorically speaking. Lilly projected her anger for what Ben did onto Carly when she aggravated her. I loved Carly but if the group had been encouraging Carly to be quiet she would of lived longer.

No offense thats bullshit. Lily wanted to kill Ben for stealing meds and dealing with bandits. Kenny wanted to kill Ben for Duck/Kat. Kenny has a good reason to want him dead. Lily wants to kill him because he stole not a good reason to kill him. If you loved Carly why would you tell her to be quiet. Carly is one of the most level headed people in the group. That is just stupid." Hey Carly can you be quiet we are listening to the crazy person thats gonna kill one of us."

• @IceRyder said: I can't believe some people would consider taking that psychotic, cowardly, backstabbing, hypocritical murderer with them.

She was willing to shoot and succeed in killing an innocent person based on a hunch whether it was Carley or Ben, all she had was accusations, not enough to prove someone of stealing from them besides, she mainly killed Carley because she called Lilly out on what she is. Leaving her to fend for herself was the only humane way of punishing her for her crime. Taking her with you is basically rewarding her and a stab in the back to Carley/Doug who you had gotten close with and had your back. Besides, you take her, she steals the RV from under your nose, possibly killing everyone else but her.

If I had the option, I would've killed her on the spot. She's better off dead.

You are my hero.

• @Mark$man said: Um... actually she was also the cause of Duck getting bitten and Carley's death. Also lead to Katjaa's. She shot the bandits even after Lee made a deal with them. They could have gave them some supplies and snuck out of town. Instead, she started a fight with an army of bandits. She saved noone, and cost them lots of supplies and weapons, considering they had no time to grab everything. So being selfish and not wanting to give some to the bandits cost them not only all the supplies they were trying to protect, but cost them group members too. had she waited for the bandits to react, then she could have attacked them if necessary. Instead, they instantly lost "everything". So yeah, I wanted to leave her anyway. My first playthrough I tried to forgive her, and she not only shot Carley but stole the RV. So now, I just say screw her.

No Lee was only pretending to negotiate with them to buy Lilly time to shoot the bandits. He was instructed to tell them whatever he could to keep them busy. Lee knew Lilly was going to shoot the bandits before he started talking. Compromise was never an option or a consideration for Lee. These people had Clem at gun point. The last person that had Clem at Gun point was Andy and Lee wanted him dead after that,even if the brothers didn't die by his hand.

Lilly had her issues for sure, but credit where credit is due. Lilly had foresight and instinct that others didn't. If she was in the Matrix she'd be the oracle. She was believed to be paranoid when she said supplies were going missing, she was right. She was believed to be paranoid when her hunch told her it was Ben, again she was right. She just handled it wrong. Again I say credit where credit is due, it was her leadership and ability to plan under pressure that saved the group from the bandits in the first place. Rick looses his mind when he looses his wife in the comics and show but when it mattered he was still an effective leader. Even after breaking down Lilly was alert when it mattered most. Lee was panicking and shitting himself when she pointed out that the others were held hostage. Of the two she had the clear head and told him to keep them busy as a distraction like a smoke screen so she could use her Riffle.

• @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: No offense thats bullshit. Lily wanted to kill Ben for stealing meds and dealing with bandits. Kenny wanted to kill Ben for Duck/Kat. Kenny has a good reason to want him dead. Lily wants to kill him because he stole not a good reason to kill him. If you loved Carly why would you tell her to be quiet. Carly is one of the most level headed people in the group. That is just stupid." Hey Carly can you be quiet we are listening to the crazy person thats gonna kill one of us."

You misunderstand me. You would tell someone that you cared for to be quiet even if they are in the right for their safety. If I am trying to stop a fight I may try to reach the person that I would have more influence over and even more so if that person is in danger from the less rationale person in the argument.

Regarding anger management I speak from experience since I help children and young people with emotional and behavioral problems so I deal with conflict all the time when one young person wants to harm the other. If I saw one of them at boiling point, ready to snap I would definitely take the other one away to defuse the situation having identified them as the trigger for the other's anger. Furthermore anyone worth their weight in gold would know that it is never wise to argue with a fool, a crazy person or a drunk because your words fall on deaf ears. They are not in the right frame of mind to take in what your saying. Carly's words were right but were not for the right time.

As for Lilly's motives you miss the bigger picture. She would not have reacted as extreme if the bandit assault didn't happen. It was not just about the supplies, her anger would have also been fueled by the fact that they were forced to leave their safe haven and much of their belongings and Lilly didn't want to leave the motor inn in the first place.

Regarding Kenny wanting to kill Ben, the only difference between Kenny and Lilly is that we were allowed to intervene and stop him. He, like Lilly blamed Ben for the events. Whatever their reasons for wanting to kill Ben were, they would have both been guilty of killing a group member. The question I posed was would people of kicked out Kenny from the group if he was successful in killing Ben in ep 4 as he could just have easily, had Lee not of been scripted to intervene. The question was rhetorical as I new the answer.

• [quote=iceryder;750692]i can't believe some people would consider taking that psychotic, cowardly, backstabbing, hypocritical murderer with them.

She was willing to shoot and succeed in killing an innocent person based on a hunch whether it was carley or ben, all she had was accusations, not enough to prove someone of stealing from them besides, she mainly killed carley because she called lilly out on what she is. Leaving her to fend for herself was the only humane way of punishing her for her crime. Taking her with you is basically rewarding her and a stab in the back to carley/doug who you had gotten close with and had your back. Besides, you take her, she steals the rv from under your nose, possibly killing everyone else but her.

If i had the option, i would've killed her on the spot. She's better off dead.[/quote]

thank you!

• Lily is threating Ben and Carly. Carly has ever rite to speak. Lily does not care what Lee says. Nor does she care about anyone but herself. Lily abandoned Lee 30 mins later. The fact is Carly told Lily the truth and Lily shot her. It is that simple. Carly had stop talking when Lily shot her. In the back of the head I might add. Coward move. The only way Lee could of stopped this is shooting Lily himself. That should of been an option.

• @dee23 said: No Lee was only pretending to negotiate with them to buy Lilly time to shoot the bandits. He was instructed to tell them whatever he could to keep them busy. Lee knew Lilly was going to shoot the bandits before he started talking. Compromise was never an option or a consideration for Lee. These people had Clem at gun point. The last person that had Clem at Gun point was Andy and Lee wanted him dead after that,even if the brothers didn't die by his hand.

Lilly had her issues for sure, but credit where credit is due. Lilly had foresight and instinct that others didn't. If she was in the Matrix she'd be the oracle. She was believed to be paranoid when she said supplies were going missing, she was right. She was believed to be paranoid when her hunch told her it was Ben, again she was right. She just handled it wrong. Again I say credit where credit is due, it was her leadership and ability to plan under pressure that saved the group from the bandits in the first place. Rick looses his mind when he looses his wife in the comics and show but when it mattered he was still an effective leader. Even after breaking down Lilly was alert when it mattered most. Lee was panicking and shitting himself when she pointed out that the others were held hostage. Of the two she had the clear head and told him to keep them busy as a distraction like a smoke screen so she could use her Riffle.

No, her anger got the best of her. Play the episode again, if you chose Carley, Lilly will go directly against her. She will try to convince Ben to agree Carley was the traitor. She actively went against her for no fuckin' reason. She threatened her several times, and only after Carley defended herself did Lilly kill her(with her back turned, of course).

• @dee23 said: You misunderstand me. You would tell someone that you cared for to be quiet even if they are in the right for their safety. If I am trying to stop a fight I may try to reach the person that I would have more influence over and even more so if that person is in danger from the less rationale person in the argument.

Regarding anger management I speak from experience since I help children and young people with emotional and behavioral problems so I deal with conflict all the time when one young person might want to harm the other. If I saw one of them at boiling point, ready to snap I would definitely take the other one away to defuse the situation having identified them as the trigger for the other's anger.

As for Lilly's motives you miss the bigger picture. She would not have reacted as extreme if the bandit assault didn't happen. It was not just about the supplies, her anger would have also been fueled by the fact that they were forced to leave their safe haven and much of their belongings and Lilly didn't want to leave the motor inn in the first place.

Regarding Kenny wanting to kill Ben, the only difference between Kenny and Lilly is that we were allowed to intervene and stop him. He, like Lilly blamed Ben for the events. Whatever their reasons for wanting to kill Ben were, they would have both been guilty of killing a group member. The question I posed was would people of kicked out Kenny from the group if he was successful in killing Ben in ep 4 as he could just have easily, had Lee not of been scripted to intervene.

NO, Lilly ACCUSED Ben of stealing supplies and betraying the group. She even tried to kill Ben with no evidence. She plain murdered Carley and tried to kill Ben(killed Doug). She tries to kill while the person is unaware. She also tried to justify it b saying "couldn't be trusted". YOU can't be trusted!

Kenny blames Ben for his family's deaths, which was legitimate. He caused the bandit attack, and Kenny would have had everyone on the RV if certain people weren't set on staying. Ben let the bandits in, for he was on watch. He had a gun on-hand, yet didn't defend the group. He ran like a coward instead of covering the rest of the group. He even lied about being innocent, causing Carley's/Doug's death and Lilly's departure. He then helped cause Chuck's death, and Brie's just after Ben's confessions. He even put Clementine's life at risk. Kenny wanting him killed was reasonable, and considering he had just found out, and Ben CONFESSED, I can understand why Kenny would be pissed and would want him dead at that time. And if you keep Ben alive, ken will later realize he was wrong to want so, was glad you were the one in the position to save him. He will then sacrifice himself defending Ben. Lilly's reasoning is nowhere in the same league as Kenny's. Kenny had reasons, Lilly had guesses/assumptions. Lilly had no right to kill him anyway, because it is 'inhumane'.

• It doesn't matter who she killed. If she kills someone in the group, she can eff right off.

Add Comment