User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 25.5K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @corruptbiggins said: I think you need to calm down with all these prediction threads. One will do.

Ha sorry dude if I'm spamming I'm just trying to keep up with my youtube theories and I have done 4 theory videos so I have done 4 theory threads. Sorry again if this has annoyed you. I hope you at least find them interesting and thanks for the suggestion on how to improve; max 1 a day! STAY AWESOME BRO! :)

• I had an idea for a scenario for S2. When the group needs supplies/ammo/food maybe an option of who do you bring to get those items and who do you leave at camp/stronghold/farm. Bring the wrong group shit could happen on the trip or Leave the wrong people at the camp. Depending on your choice of who is going and stayin a number of things could happen. Fighting between members/not enough protection from hostles/ mutiny/ safe trip/ alot of items/ alittle bit of items/ no items/ Deaths at camp or on the supply run/ How many deaths etc.... Another way to make our choices count but not take to much away from story. Just an idea...

• I had a sudden explosion of ideas for season 2, especially concerning Kenny, the new PC, Clem,
    and how your last few decisions as Lee impact the story of the season. Whenever I have moments
    like these, it helps a lot to write them down, so here are my thoughts.

Firstly, I think that there is a possibility that Kenny survived, but something occured to me;
    almost everyone on this forum has talked about Kenny simply being badass enough to get past the
    walkers unscathed by himself, but what if someone else came to his rescue? This spawned my first
    major point; what if our new protagonist was near the scene of Kenny's "death" (either near the gate or
    inside the building where Christa falls down, maybe they open the door to find shitloads of walkers and
    Kenny fighting them off by himself) and saves him, since they have more ammo than he does.

My second thought is this; Kenny demands that our new protagonist help him get back to Lee and find
    Clem. They eventually make it to the Jewellry store, only to find a) Lee's corpse or b) a walker Lee,
    whom you have to shoot, depending on your last decision at the end of Episode 5. If Lee is already
    dead, you search his corpse to find a handwritten note by Clem, informing them where to look for her:
    the countryside (this note will be found in the corpse of the dead guard if you chose to leave Lee).
    The first episode ends with Kenny and our new protagonist walking up the hill from the post-credits
    scene and seeing Clem in the distance; episode 2 will then start with us discovering what happened to
    Christa and Omid.

Now, on the new PC; I think it should be a woman, and someone who reminds Kenny of Katja; considering
    the fate of Christa and Omid (I'm pretty sure they're dead), they have to come together for the sake
    of Clem; she needs stable parental figures in her life and they are the closest possible thing at this
    time.

So, that basically concludes my thoughts, let me know what you think. I actually think that some of this
    could work in the pre-season 2 stuff we've been promised too, but a bit condensed. Either way, those
    are my theories.

• @OzzieMonkey said: I had a sudden explosion of ideas for season 2, especially concerning Kenny, the new PC, Clem,
    and how your last few decisions as Lee impact the story of the season. Whenever I have moments
    like these, it helps a lot to write them down, so here are my thoughts.

Firstly, I think that there is a possibility that Kenny survived, but something occured to me;
    almost everyone on this forum has talked about Kenny simply being badass enough to get past the
    walkers unscathed by himself, but what if someone else came to his rescue? This spawned my first
    major point; what if our new protagonist was near the scene of Kenny's "death" (either near the gate or
    inside the building where Christa falls down, maybe they open the door to find shitloads of walkers and
    Kenny fighting them off by himself) and saves him, since they have more ammo than he does.

My second thought is this; Kenny demands that our new protagonist help him get back to Lee and find
    Clem. They eventually make it to the Jewellry store, only to find a) Lee's corpse or b) a walker Lee,
    whom you have to shoot, depending on your last decision at the end of Episode 5. If Lee is already
    dead, you search his corpse to find a handwritten note by Clem, informing them where to look for her:
    the countryside (this note will be found in the corpse of the dead guard if you chose to leave Lee).
    The first episode ends with Kenny and our new protagonist walking up the hill from the post-credits
    scene and seeing Clem in the distance; episode 2 will then start with us discovering what happened to
    Christa and Omid.

Now, on the new PC; I think it should be a woman, and someone who reminds Kenny of Katja; considering
    the fate of Christa and Omid (I'm pretty sure they're dead), they have to come together for the sake
    of Clem; she needs stable parental figures in her life and they are the closest possible thing at this
    time.

So, that basically concludes my thoughts, let me know what you think. I actually think that some of this
    could work in the pre-season 2 stuff we've been promised too, but a bit condensed. Either way, those
    are my theories.

Pretty good ideas all around, but I don't really think Clem was in any condition to be writing notes after seeing Lee's death... Plus, where the hell did she get the paper and pencil :confused:

• I don't know if this is appropriate to say this seeing that it might bring some controversy, but I wonder if we'll be meeting new survivors that are disabled? Those who are deaf or blind? Or those who have Autism or Aspergers?

If my speculation does turn out to be true, I wonder how Telltale will handle it?

• @RichWalk23 said: I don't know if this is appropriate to say this seeing that it might bring some controversy, but I wonder if we'll be meeting new survivors that are disabled? Those who are deaf or blind? Or those who have Autism or Aspergers?

If my speculation does turn out to be true, I wonder how Telltale will handle it?

Dude, there is slim chances of anyone blind/deaf surviving months of a ZA. Autism, yes. Don't know what Aspergers is :S

• @Mark$man said: Dude, there is slim chances of anyone blind/deaf surviving months of a ZA. Autism, yes. Don't know what Aspergers is :S

As far as I know, it's a milder form of autism, and its severity varies from person to person. The most common symptoms are social awkwardness, eccentric behaviour patterns, and sensitivity to loud/overcrowded environments. You'd have to ask a psychiatrist for the details.

Come to think of it, it's possible that Doug had Asperger's, from his knack for invention and ingenuity to his shyness among the rest of the group. Considering he gets killed one way or another, we'll never know for sure.

• ^I would say he did. he had that kind of awkwardness that was weird.

• The comics have a tiger.

I want a tiger :(

• i think that it will be clems story. she will find omid & christa then find another group. but who really knows

Add Comment