User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct FPS based on the TV show, published by Activision

posted by Gman5852 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.3K users

So I just received this in my twitter feed...

I have a bad feeling about this.

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @DreadMagus said: Got a bit more info out now - generic FPS it doesn't seem to be.

Like the Interviewer said there's no good reason or proof to believe it won't be a generic FPS with zombies. The trailers don't exactly tell us anything different.

• True, but - info from an actual developer of the game does carry a bit of weight.

It kind of amazes me - it almost seems like many people want it to fail (i.e. fans)

• @DreadMagus said: True, but - info from an actual developer of the game does carry a bit of weight.

It kind of amazes me - it almost seems like many people want it to fail (i.e. fans)

Info from a developer is not always....completely trustworthy...

(link)

• Like I said - it's like a bunch of you are eager for it to fail or to find fault with it.

• @DreadMagus said: Like I said - it's like a bunch of you are eager for it to fail or to find fault with it.

No. It's a healthy amount of cynicism. It's not throwing ourselves all over a game that I honestly didn't think would be good from the start.

• After reading that interview, it sounds much better. Why was this information not given until one week before the games release? This is why people are not liking the game so far.

@Interview said: Can you honestly say that you’ve seen enough of Survival Instinct to accurately describe it to your friends? Have you only just learned about the mechanics discussed above by reading this article? Does that make you fear for the overall quality of the game?

Yes. Yes it does.

• @anonymau5 said: No. It's a healthy amount of cynicism. It's not throwing ourselves all over a game that I honestly didn't think would be good from the start.

I'm not sure if I'd call it healthy. Maybe that's the problem - you have a preconceived bias?

Or maybe I'm just more open minded and patient, being from a time where the internet didn't exist as it does today and you got your information from magazines... and were lucky to get a full page of info if it wasn't one of the "big" games.

• @DreadMagus said: I'm not sure if I'd call it healthy. Maybe that's the problem - you have a preconceived bias?

Or maybe I'm just more open minded and patient, being from a time where the internet didn't exist as it does today and you got your information from magazines... and were lucky to get a full page of info if it wasn't one of the "big" games.

Ok. So, you assume, I'm biased, impatient, closed minded, and not old enough to understand what you're talking about. Alright. That's great.

Lemme explain all the problems I've seen with this game so far
    1. It's a first person shooter. A genre that's been milked to death, and is usually bland and unoriginal in recent years.
    2. The game has flown completely under the radar, despite being a game in a rather big franchise, released soon after another game in the same franchise got GOTY in multiple different places.
    3. It wasn't announced all that long ago was it?
    4. There has been little shown gameplay footage.
    5. The game looks like garbage. I'm usually not one to gripe with graphics, but the game seems to be trying to be as realistic as possible, but it just doesn't look appealing to the eyes. Either go for a stylized look, or make your game actually look decent.
    6. No PC version.

• @anonymau5 said: Ok. So, you assume, I'm biased, impatient, closed minded, and not old enough to understand what you're talking about. Alright. That's great.

Yes, maybe, maybe, and no.

In that order.

We can now add butthurt to that list with a yes though.

@anonymau5 said: a game that I honestly didn't think would be good from the start.

That part of your quote sums up how I came to my opinion.

• @DreadMagus said: Yes, maybe, maybe, and no.

In that order.

We can now add butthurt to that list with a yes though.

Wait. I'm butthurt? I wasn't raging. I wasn't doing anything that a butthurt individual would generally do. I'm honestly confused how you came to the conclusion that my anus was ever hurt

Add Comment