User Avatar Image

So any idea when Telltale might announce something new?

posted by KevinSig on - last edited - Viewed by 341 users

I love adventure games, but didn't care for Jurassic Park & certainly not The Walking Dead. Given that all the episodes for both are out, I figure Telltale should be announcing some kind of new project.

Hopefully, something I'm a bit more interested in. Heck, I'd glady throw into a Kickstarter if Telltale needed monies to get another season of Monkey Island.

I know this sort of thing usually coincides with some convention or another. Anything coming up that might be likely? Like a PAX convention?

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@lattsam said: Rumor has it that they might do that. I don't know if they will do that, but I hope they do!

Forget it. :(

@lattsam said: Would I like it if Telltale just stopped in its tracks and made a balls-to-the-wall retro adventure game Sam & Max puzzle fest, just once, to show that we can? Yeah, of course. That would be totally fun to make. I don't think it's likely to happen, nor do I think that the studio needs to for any real reason, both because people here are happy with the things we do make and the challenges we do choose to accept on the projects we do, and because there are plenty of other people making the crazy puzzle-first style of games that everyone loves.

• That quote to me doesn't mean no more Sam & Max.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

Yeah, I agree. It just means that Telltale isn't going to make a LucasArts style Hit the Road-esque Sam & Max game full of difficult puzzles. It doesn't mean they won't make more Telltale style Sam & Max seasons.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

The quote wasn't meant to say that S&M will "never" happen again. That's just your interpretation. :o

• Sam and Max and Tales of Monkey Island haven't been moved to Classics yet...
    I still have hope

• They're only there because people still post in them on a regular basis. If people stop posting, they'll get moved. So post. :)

• I just want to reiterate that I am starved for new information about the Telltale King's Quest project.

If anyone reading has any secret inside information or is able to leak some juicy details, please do not hesitate to meander over to the King's Quest forum and fill us all in. Don't worry, you can do it anonymously, and no one has to know who you are. :-)

If nothing else, can someone please at least confirm that something is happening with King's Quest? King's Quest fans have supported Telltale since the beginning. Please don't disregard us.

Thank you.

• @MtnPeak said: If nothing else, can someone please at least confirm that something is happening with King's Quest? King's Quest fans have supported Telltale since the beginning. Please don't disregard us.

Having seen the forum, it doesn't seem that way :p

But yeah, TT need to say something about this. You don't just announce that you're going to make a King's Quest game and then say nothing else about it for months. That's incredibly mean.

• @Darth Marsden said: Having seen the forum, it doesn't seem that way :p

I have purchased many Telltale games over the years, and I remember when Telltale began making adventure games. The very same people who love King's Quest (and other classic Sierra and LucasArts games) were among Telltale's original fan/customer base. Telltale, please don't forget that.

What has left a bad taste in many people's mouths, I believe, is the dismissive way some from Telltale have spoken of KQ. Also, they aren't even confirming that they are still working on KQ. It's almost like they are holding the series/license hostage and are telling the fans to pound sand/get lost. And now there are indications that TTG might venture away from classic-style adventure gaming even further? What does that mean for new KQ games? Imagine if this same thing were happening with the Monkey Island series; how do you think fans of the series would react?

Update: I hope you didn't see the original version of my comment. I misread your response and reacted angrily. See what kind of atmosphere of mistrust TTG's handling of KQ has helped create; it's leading me to want to attack anyone with any kind of association with TTG. :-)

• @Darth Marsden said: Having seen the forum, it doesn't seem that way :p

The sort of people who hate King's Quest and Sierra in general really didn't start populating the forums in big numbers until Tales of Monkey Island.

Add Comment