User Avatar Image

Clementine... Another Carl?

posted by LukeJaJones on - last edited - Viewed by 859 users

This is a question I have had on my mind ever since Lee met Clementine. Clementine was 8 Years Old when Lee met her and months have passed since then. Clementine has witnessed very disturbing stuff during the course of her and Lee's relationship together. Cannibals, Bandits, The death of Duck and Ben (Her Close Friends). The death of Lee... She's also killed both Undead and Living characters. Carl became a loose cannon in the Graphic Novels. Due to the events Carl endured, he slowly became unstable, much like his father at times. Will Clementine alter so drastically also as of Season 2? What do you think?

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Kaserkin said: I'd take a Ben rather than a Carl

    So.... someone who gets you killed, rather than killing you directly?

  • Let me direct you to my confession:
    tumblr_mj5ylx0Iwa1rgghmeo1_500.jpg

    I really hope that even with what she's seen, Clem stays innocent in season 2. Hell, part of the reason I didn't make Clem shoot Lee was the fear of her turning into a female version of the comic Carl.

  • @DreadMagus said: So.... someone who gets you killed, rather than killing you directly?

    Sure :D But don't forget that Ben doesn't try to show evryone he's super badass. He actually knew he's a screw-up and TRIES get better. With little success, but he tried.

  • @Kaserkin said: Sure :D But don't forget that Ben doesn't try to show evryone he's super badass. He actually knew he's a screw-up and TRIES get better. With little success, but he tried.

    Heh, I'd take a Carl over a Ben. With Carl, I'll just let him stow away on a truck to an armed facility and get himself killed. With Ben, not only is he willing to do anything to stay in a group, but he quietly starts getting everyone killed and then refuses to admit to his mistakes until it's too late, killing more people. I'd be more afraid of Ben than Carl.

  • I hope not. One of the biggest themes of playing Lee was trying to teach that balance between morality and doing what you had to for survival.
    After all she's been through I don't see her maintaining that level of adorable optimism, but I'd really hate to see her become a sociopath.

  • Lets face it Clem is not gonna be the ray of sunshine like she was S1.

  • I think Clem may be slightly damaged but she is too strong to lose her whole personality. She will be simlar but have some... sideeffects

  • @Zeruis said: Let me direct you to my confession:
    tumblr_mj5ylx0Iwa1rgghmeo1_500.jpg

    I really hope that even with what she's seen, Clem stays innocent in season 2. Hell, part of the reason I didn't make Clem shoot Lee was the fear of her turning into a female version of the comic Carl.

    Lee: She's a little girl!
    Chuck: Then she'll die a little girl.

    What that says is that even though Clementine is this innocent 9 year old little girl, she has to have the guts to kill if she has to and become independent if she gets separated from the group or if everyone else dies. I personally think I'd be interesting if TT decides to make Clem this badass little girl who can take care of herself and kill a bunch of walkers.

  • Clementine's intelligent, resourceful, and has already shown that she can kill if she has to.

    Inherently maintaining a sense of humanity doesn't have to make her weak.

  • @Mikejames said: Clementine's intelligent, resourceful, and has already shown that she can kill if she has to.

    Inherently maintaining a sense of humanity doesn't have to make her weak.

    Now that's well said :D Totally agree

Add Comment