User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct FPS based on the TV show, published by Activision

posted by Gman5852 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.2K users

So I just received this in my twitter feed...

I have a bad feeling about this.

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Appearance is 9/10 of reality.

If I misinterpreted, then I apologize.

• @DreadMagus said: Appearance is 9/10 of reality.

If I misinterpreted, then I apologize.

Nah, it's cool. Wanna hug it out like Weird Al and Coolio?

• LOL :) It's all good.

Either way, I guess we'll find out in a week which way the coin lands.

• @DreadMagus said: Like I said - it's like a bunch of you are eager for it to fail or to find fault with it.

It isn't that, only that Activision has failed to make this game a must buy on day-one / pre-order and release gameplay videos, more trailers and information (which you liked to recently).

Regardless of the shit that Gearbox did to Aliens Colonial Marines the pre-gameplay videos and trailers looked really awesome, something like this is what should have happened to TWD:SI. I just mean they did right in marketing the game well enough to catch the customers attention to get excited.

In ACM's case, they went from excited to absolutely frustrated with the end result that the game had.

• While I'll easily admit they failed at marketing the game - a lack of marketing doesn't mean the game will in and of itself suck.

Look, I'm not trying to sell anyone on the game (everyone should form their own opinions) - I'm just hoping people will stop assuming it'll suck because some pre-release checklist hasn't been filled.

A lot of good games (which of course is subjective since people have their own individual tastes) slip under the radar.

I'm buying it day one - if it's enjoyable (which I of course hope it is) then I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun. If it's not, it'll go on the section of my gaming shelf where I put the "lessons to be learned" games. :p

If in doubt, rent or wait for someone else to try the game first and give a first hand review.... but it'd be a shame for someone who might enjoy it to miss it entirely because Activision "screwed the pooch" on marketing. :)

• I hope they stay true to what the walking dead franchise stands for, and it doesn not end up being some infinite ammo - killstreak - bloody mess - boring shooter.
    I sincerely hope we get to make nasty and severe decisions just like in TellTale's game, and that we get to choose our style of playing, like being the stealthy guy, or the quick in and out guy, as both ways apply to Daryl.
    Then again we could try and go in like rambo and raise a bulletstorm hell, which would maybe work out in the like first 3 levels in some outskirts of villages, to lull those who prefer that way into some false sense of security, so that they'll rely on that type of playing to find out a bit later, that this kills them in a long shot, that ammo would run out, and that walkers were too many. I really really hope there is not one single way to master a "level" or mission or task, since we don't know how... big the levels will be or if there will be some sort of open world, or open world like levels.
    However I'm looking forward to it, because there are not many games out right now, in which I'm interested.

• Maybe it's just Canada, but the game's out now.

• @Gibbeynator said: Maybe it's just Canada, but the game's out now.

Well, don't keep us waiting, how is it!? :p

• @Mornai said: Well, don't keep us waiting, how is it!? :p

It... sure is 50 dollars. I dunno, I didn't buy it. I'm guessing my Wal-Mart broke street date. Maybe US Wal-Marts have them.

• @Gibbeynator said: It... sure is 50 dollars. I dunno, I didn't buy it. I'm guessing my Wal-Mart broke street date. Maybe US Wal-Marts have them.

You could buy it and then re-sell it on eBay/Amazon, of course you'd get less than what you paid for, but you would get to play the game early.

Edit: There's this on eBay already for example:

$T2eC16dHJGkE9no8iO8iBRQs9NG9Qw~~60_58.J
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Walking-Dead-Survival-Instinct-Ps3-Game-NEW-/271172610981?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3f2325aba5

Add Comment