User Avatar Image

Hardest Decision

posted by Polishmafia42 on - last edited - Viewed by 706 users

I'm curious to see what everyone found as the hardest decision to make in the game including the reason why. For me it would be the final decision of Clem either shooting you or leaving you. A girl that age should not have to kill her protector but I was horribly afraid if she didn't then Lee would escape the handcuffs like that other zombie did and attack Clem. I spent about 15 minutes thinking it over there. So what does everyone else think?

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Bringing Clem to Crawford.

• @Jaded X Gamer said: For me it was whenever to let Lilly back in the R.V. or not. I really just wanted to leave her after what she did but I thought about how Lee got a second chance after he murdered someone and he went on to do a lot of good. Lilly went on to abandon everyone, so I deeply regret that decision.

This. 1st play no rewinds. Tried to keep the number of people in the group high. I thought Clem would have a better shot at survival. I to DEEPLY REGRET this. Even more so after seeing more dialogue in replays.

• IMO the hardest decision was if i should cut off my arm or not i spent a couple of minutes thinking and i was still in shock that they gave us the option and i chose to cut it off but i tought they wouldn't actually cut it off, i tought it was a minor decision that wouldn't influence anyhting but it did and i was quite shocked and freacked the fuck out

• The meatlocker. Lilly needed your help, but Kenny's family did too, and a walker in the locker would ruin that chance. Either side with Kenny and seal Larry's fate, or side with Lilly and try to save an asshole, help a bitch, and hurt one of your only true friends in the game. That decision I had to sit and think until the last second, before managing to click to help Lilly. I deeply regretted this decision, but in the game was the one decision I fretted over most.

Then tied between cutting the arm off and letting Lee die. Both I actually had to pause the game to think, and I ended up cutting his arm off and leaving Lee, kinda tearing up when trying to chose what to tell Clem. I didn't regret having Lee get left, for I have to hope he can still be saved, and I didn't want Clem any more messed up than needed. I don't need her to be another psycho :/

• @Mark$man said: I didn't regret having Lee get left, for I have to hope he can still be saved, and I didn't want Clem any more messed up than needed. I don't need her to be another psycho :/

This was my reasoning for that decision, too. I'll always tell Clem to leave Lee.

• The final choice was the easiest for me to make. I really didn't want to become a walker. Lee deserved way better than he got, so if the most he can get is a final rest, then that's what he gets. If Clem ever has to go through something like Season 1 again, at least we know that she's done it before.

• Tu pregunta es honesta y valida
    Escoger una mejor opción es bueno.
    Esposas al zombi, debes escoger si disparar o no, tiene doble efecto, al menos en lo personal no le di chance al infeliz del hotel lo mate sin titubear, que te disparen puede ayudar de cierto modo le enseñas a alguien como superar ciertos obstáculos aunque en una niña es una lección difícil de aprender, y la otra irse sin disparar yo escogí esta, porque necesita las balas por cualquier cosa para defenderse sabias que Onid y Christa no estarían esperando por Clementine fue tu intención protegerla en todo momento es normal, quien sabe tal vez solo se desmayó por la pérdida de sangre, tal vez necesitaba descansar un poco, un ejemplo soy yo fui impactado por la espalda ni cuenta me di desperté me puse de pie y me caí, resulto que tenía ambas piernas rotas y un brazo no me percate hasta que vi el suelo en el hospital, lo mismo le pudo haber pasado. Tal vez le disparo pero no significa que realmente lo mato, inconscientemente no pudo.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXYour question is honest and valid
    Choose a better choice is good.
    Wives zombie, you must choose whether to shoot or not, has a double effect, at least personally gave no chance to kill him unhappy hotel without hesitation, being shot in a certain way can help you teach someone how to overcome certain obstacles though in a child is a hard lesson to learn, and go without firing another I chose this because it needs bullets to fight for anything and Christa Onid wise that would not be waiting for Clementine was your intention to protect at all times is normal, who knows maybe just fainted from blood loss, maybe he needed some rest, I am an example I was struck by the account back or I woke up I rose and fell, it turned out that he had broken both legs and an arm I did not realize until I saw the floor in the hospital, the same thing could have happened. Maybe I shoot but not kill you really mean that, unconsciously failed.

• 1. Doug or Carley? - I am the only one that liked them both? Went with Carley and dont regret it at all, but it was a hard one to make. Died from timing out the first time (i had yet to master pause)

2. What to do with Larry? - In the end i helped Kenny kill Larry, I had no idea what to do and it was probably Kenny's influence that swung it. In terms of game-play with him dying anyway and how Lilly turns out it is the right thing to do. Morally i still don't really know.

3. Take the supplies? - I knew what the pragmatic thing to do was but just couldn't bear to hurt Clem again. Hard one.

4. Who should kill Duck? - Just where do you even begin with that call.

5. Drop Ben? - I really hated Ben, but could i really kill him? Took a long time with the game paused and eventually decided to go through with it. I feel....OK about it. Not proud, but i don't regret it.

• @The Fallen said: 1. Doug or Carley? - I am the only one that liked them both? Went with Carley and dont regret it at all, but it was a hard one to make. Died from timing out the first time (i had yet to master pause)

2. What to do with Larry? - In the end i helped Kenny kill Larry, I had no idea what to do and it was probably Kenny's influence that swung it. In terms of game-play with him dying anyway and how Lilly turns out it is the right thing to do. Morally i still don't really know.

3. Take the supplies? - I knew what the pragmatic thing to do was but just couldn't bear to hurt Clem again. Hard one.

4. Who should kill Duck? - Just where do you even begin with that call.

5. Drop Ben? - I really hated Ben, but could i really kill him? Took a long time with the game paused and eventually decided to go through with it. I feel....OK about it. Not proud, but i don't regret it.

I liked Doug, but I liked Carley alot more. While Doug was bros with lee and Kenny, Carley was into Lee, had friends(Ben, Carley), and I felt like she was a mother figure to Clem. I was like "YES, Clem gets a mommy and daddy xD". She seemed to care for her at times, so I ended up liking her that much more. Pissed me off so much for her to die by Lilly. I do not regret choosing Carley at the least. While Doug was cool and all, I just can't get through a full playthrough, I feel like I screw myself over, and Doug is VERY boring at times.

Couldn't kill Larry my first time, even if I wanted to Clem was watching lol.

I've taken the supplies once, but first time definitely not. I felt I already had enough blood on my hands, and Clem is good at influencing.

I always shoot duck. I made Kenny once, and I regretted it. First playthrough it was no thought, I didn't want his family to have to do that, and I did like the kid, so I couldn't leave him there.

I liked Ben in ep 5, but it was hard to chose not to drop him. However, I didn't want Clem to learn to kill people just because she might hate them or they are useless. If so, they'd be no better than Crawford. So yeah, that was my thinking!

• @Mark$man said: I liked Doug, but I liked Carley alot more. While Doug was bros with lee and Kenny, Carley was into Lee, had friends(Ben, Carley), and I felt like she was a mother figure to Clem. I was like "YES, Clem gets a mommy and daddy xD". She seemed to care for her at times, so I ended up liking her that much more. Pissed me off so much for her to die by Lilly. I do not regret choosing Carley at the least. While Doug was cool and all, I just can't get through a full playthrough, I feel like I screw myself over, and Doug is VERY boring at times.

Couldn't kill Larry my first time, even if I wanted to Clem was watching lol.

I've taken the supplies once, but first time definitely not. I felt I already had enough blood on my hands, and Clem is good at influencing.

I always shoot duck. I made Kenny once, and I regretted it. First playthrough it was no thought, I didn't want his family to have to do that, and I did like the kid, so I couldn't leave him there.

I liked Ben in ep 5, but it was hard to chose not to drop him. However, I didn't want Clem to learn to kill people just because she might hate them or they are useless. If so, they'd be no better than Crawford. So yeah, that was my thinking!

Yeah absolutely, i think the story feels a lot more complete with Carley surviving past episode 1. Not just because of the brief romance with Lee, but the whole being able to confide in her about you're past and get advice from her. (I wanted her to be Clem new mommy as well :p), her death still hurts a little bit. Ultimately though making the call to leave a funny guy, especially about 20 seconds after the whole "i think you're a great guy" was rough.

On duck, it was a tough decision because i was so out of my depth, I couldn't really imagine how it would feel to be Kenny at that moment. I made him do it because for some reason i though that long term, he'd feel worse if some guy he may not even like took the shot because he wasn't able to. I regret that.

To go into more detail on Ben, i was very pro Carley, Kenny and Clem, Ben played a major role in Carley's death, a major role in Kenny losing everything he cared about, then left Clem to die on the street. The hatred from all of that combined with the pragmatism of dropping him was majorly at conflict with the humanity saying "pull him up". Probably the hardest button press of my life :p

You're spot on about Clem's influence, Larry was the only harsh call i made in her presence and i felt awful. There was no way i could have dropped Ben if she was still in the tower. Shamefully i was intending to lie to her about it. :(

Add Comment