User Avatar Image

Would you leave Lilly if she had killed Ben?

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 4.7K users

If, instead of Carley or Doug, Ben was killed would you leave Lilly by the road or taker her with you?

189 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @anonymau5 said: No. She's a mentally unstable person. Not a "tyrant". She seems to have what's known as a superiority complex, in which you act superior to cover up your own insecurities and feeling inferior to everyone else. She wants to be the leader, and she seems to always has. However, she wasn't able to actually work in the military, and was stuck working a desk job. When she got the chance to be a leader, she jumped at it, not realizing how hard it was to actually lead. She didn't like Kenny because he challenged her, so with the hardships of being a leader in a disaster, along with the death of her father, she was obviously not stable.

    As hinted at a few times, she might have been romantically interested in Lee, and yet Carley seemed to be better than her in many ways. She was closer to Lee, was a better shot, and Lee seemed to like Carley more. When Carley pointed out her flaws, she shot her. She obviously did care, but not so much about Carley, but about how everyone else reacted to her killing Carley.

    Of course, I'm not a psychologist, so I could be dead wrong. This is just a theory.

    No, she was a tyrant. She argues with Kenny and others even if she knows they are right, just because she wants her way. It doesn't matter how many people decide differenly, she wants to lead the group her own way. She admits to the importance of things and then goes around them purposely, and has gone againt group voting (deaths of Carley/Doug). You really need to read some of JadedxGamer's posts. They can do my stance more justice.

  • @Mark$man said: No, she was a tyrant. She argues with Kenny and others even if she knows they are right, just because she wants her way. It doesn't matter how many people decide differenly, she wants to lead the group her own way. She admits to the importance of things and then goes around them purposely, and has gone againt group voting (deaths of Carley/Doug). You really need to read some of JadedxGamer's posts. They can do my stance more justice.

    Look up what tyrant means before throwing the word around. And try actually reading my post.

  • @anonymau5 said: No. She's a mentally unstable person. Not a "tyrant". She seems to have what's known as a superiority complex, in which you act superior to cover up your own insecurities and feeling inferior to everyone else. She wants to be the leader, and she seems to always has. However, she wasn't able to actually work in the military, and was stuck working a desk job. When she got the chance to be a leader, she jumped at it, not realizing how hard it was to actually lead. She didn't like Kenny because he challenged her, so with the hardships of being a leader in a disaster, along with the death of her father, she was obviously not stable.

    As hinted at a few times, she might have been romantically interested in Lee, and yet Carley seemed to be better than her in many ways. She was closer to Lee, was a better shot, and Lee seemed to like Carley more. When Carley pointed out her flaws, she shot her. She obviously did care, but not so much about Carley, but about how everyone else reacted to her killing Carley.

    Of course, I'm not a psychologist, so I could be dead wrong. This is just a theory.

    That was my realization upon replays. She wasn't sorry for killing Carley, she was sorry that in killing Carley she turned the group against her. Her reaction with Doug might suggest she might have cared about killing him but I just think it was her coming to the afore mentioned realization sooner. With killing Carley she probably holds on to some sliver of hope in rationalizing what she did to the others ("She couldn't trusted!"), with Doug she immediately realized she just fucked herself over.

    I don't disagree about Lilly having superiority complex either but I think her insistence on being a leader served a specific purpose, giving herself a justification for not putting herself at risk. I think she was a lot more afraid of what was going on then she ever let on and calling herself the leader gave her an excuse to put herself in whatever was the safest position.

    She didn't want anyone to open the door at the drug store, she never wanted to leave the Motor-Inn, she wanted to leave the dairy the very second she saw Mark hurt because it probably made her realize she could get hurt. She consistently refused to leave anywhere remotely safe and freaks the fuck out whenever that happens.

    She's terrified of what's going on out there but she won't admit it. It's why we never see her do supply runs or hunt for food. It's why she's against any kind of change in scenery. It's why she's on watch in episode two, where's she's off the ground where walkers can't get the jump on her, and it's why she's off watch in episode three, because they're under attack by things that shoot back.

    She also disappears during the pharmacy attack. Supposedly to get her dad out but we see Larry waiting in the office to punch Lee, so where'd Lilly go? Why didn't she help Doug, Lee and Carley defend the store? Really the only time we see her putting herself at risk is at the St. Johns and the bandit attack, both situations where risk was nigh unavoidable, and both times she let's Lee go first while she lags behind with a rifle that let's her keep her a relative safe distance.

    This is what really kills me when people compare Kenny and Lilly and act like they're mostly the same. No matter how you play, Kenny takes a shitload more risks than Lilly ever did. Whenever for just himself or not is debatable, but people who complain about Kenny trying to leave them behind often fail to realize that Lilly never even bothers to come with you in the first place. She lacks the courage to leave her comfort zone.

    No matter what your choices, Kenny goes hunting for food, goes on supply runs, and goes to Crawford. Crawford in particular really highlights the key difference between Kenny and Lilly in my opinion. Kenny doesn't hesitate to go with Brie to get gas and leaves Ben in the safety of the classroom. In episode three, Lilly was sulking in her room while Ken and Lee went out for supplies and Ben of all people was put on watch, probably because she's too afraid to stay outside while the bandits are still a threat.

    Ultimately, fear was probably why she stole the R.V. as well. No way in hell the group was going to let her lag behind somewhere safe after what she did, so she takes what little relative safety there's left and ditches everybody to protect herself. And even if Lee says he'll come with her she'll ditch him too, probably because she was afraid he would go tell the others what she was doing.

    Carley really nailed it when she called Lilly a scared little girl masquerading as a tough bitch. All her bravado was really just to hide how frightened she was of everything.

  • @Jaded X Gamer said: That was my realization upon replays. She wasn't sorry for killing Carley, she was sorry that in killing Carley she turned the group against her. Her reaction with Doug might suggest she might have cared about killing him but I just think it was her coming to the afore mentioned realization sooner. With killing Carley she probably holds on to some sliver of hope in rationalizing what she did to the others ("She couldn't trusted!"), with Doug she immediately realized she just fucked herself over.

    I don't disagree about Lilly having superiority complex either but I think her insistence on being a leader served a specific purpose, giving herself a justification for not putting herself at risk. I think she was a lot more afraid of what was going on then she ever let on and calling herself the leader gave her an excuse to put herself in whatever was the safest position.

    She didn't want anyone to open the door at the drug store, she never wanted to leave the Motor-Inn, she wanted to leave the dairy the very second she saw Mark hurt because it probably made her realize she could get hurt. She consistently refused to leave anywhere remotely safe and freaks the fuck out whenever that happens.

    She's terrified of what's going on out there but she won't admit it. It's why we never see her do supply runs or hunt for food. It's why she's against any kind of change in scenery. It's why she's on watch in episode two, where's she's off the ground where walkers can't get the jump on her, and it's why she's off watch in episode three, because they're under attack by things that shoot back.

    She also disappears during the pharmacy attack. Supposedly to get her dad out but we see Larry waiting in the office to punch Lee, so where'd Lilly go? Why didn't she help Doug, Lee and Carley defend the store? Really the only time we see her putting herself at risk is at the St. Johns and the bandit attack, both situations where risk was nigh unavoidable, and both times she let's Lee go first while she lags behind with a rifle that let's her keep her a relative safe distance.

    This is what really kills me when people compare Kenny and Lilly and act like they're mostly the same. No matter how you play, Kenny takes a shitload more risks than Lilly ever did. Whenever for just himself or not is debatable, but people who complain about Kenny trying to leave them behind often fail to realize that Lilly never even bothers to come with you in the first place. She lacks the courage to leave her comfort zone.

    No matter what your choices, Kenny goes hunting for food, goes on supply runs, and goes to Crawford. Crawford in particular really highlights the key difference between Kenny and Lilly in my opinion. Kenny doesn't hesitate to go with Brie to get gas and leaves Ben in the safety of the classroom. In episode three, Lilly was sulking in her room while Ken and Lee went out for supplies and Ben of all people was put on watch, probably because she's too afraid to stay outside while the bandits are still a threat.

    Ultimately, fear was probably why she stole the R.V. as well. No way in hell the group was going to let her lag behind somewhere safe after what she did, so she takes what little relative safety there's left and ditches everybody to protect herself. And even if Lee says he'll come with her she'll ditch him too, probably because she was afraid he would go tell the others what she was doing.

    Carley really nailed it when she called Lilly a scared little girl masquerading as a tough bitch. All her bravado was really just to hide how frightened she was of everything.

    Yes. You're right on pretty much everything, except saying that she didn't care about killing Doug. Doug didn't do anything to undermine her leadership. Doug was fine, and in her eyes a good ally. She didn't think of him as competition, because she knew she didn't specialize in any of the things he did, and she didn't have to compete with Doug for Lee's affection.

    Lilly shouldn't be judged on her being a bad person. She's just not cut out for the role she tries to play, and due to her issues, she doesn't want to admit it. She's not a bad person. She's just, as Carley put it... A scared little girl.

    However, that doesn't mean Kenny is much better. He's too worried about his own family to be a good leader. He's a more or less good guy, but he's been pushed too far. He takes anything not exactly for him, as against him and his family.

    Also; this is how you write a concise argument. Don't just point to someone else and shout "They can do it better!" You aren't winning any debates like that.

  • @anonymau5 said: Also; this is how you write a concise argument. Don't just point to someone else and shout "They can do it better!" You aren't winning any debates like that.

    If that was directed at me, i was not trying to debate at all. Someone directly asks me for a reason behind Lilly's actions, and if i can't provide one but can point to someone else who can(or can bring a closer answer), I'll do so rather than leaving them in the dark.

  • @Mornai said: If that was directed at me, i was not trying to debate at all. Someone directly asks me for a reason behind Lilly's actions, and if i can't provide one but can point to someone else who can(or can bring a closer answer), I'll do so rather than leaving them in the dark.

    Actually, more so at Mark$man. You put that you didn't know, but Mark$man just tried to argue, and then put that I had to read Jaded X Gamer's post history.

  • No me lo tomen a mal.
    Una cosa es no dejar a nadie de los tuyos cuando son un equipo y otra es cuando se matan unos a otros, jamás debes permitir que esto pase porque se rompe la integridad dentro del equipo cuestionan tu autoridad, en este caso debes ver por los demás suena feo pero es verdad si tengo una niña a mi cargo y permito que se maten pensara que todos van a morir tarde o temprano si el grupo se destruye con forme avanza la historia lo más razonable es dejar el grupo y llevarte a la niña para mantener su integridad física ya que la integridad mental no se puede restablecer dentro del equipo. Para tener adiestramiento dejo claro que es una persona inestable y eso es un verdadero problema te puede matar en cualquier momento alegando que podías ser un peligro por pensar diferente en el caso de Lee y Clementine principalmente la consideraría un peligro potencial dentro del grupo por ser débil físicamente y pondríamos más atención en ella, en vez del grupo.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDo not get me wrong.
    One thing is to not let anyone in your family when one team and another is when they kill each other, you must never let this happen because it breaks the integrity within the team questioning your authority, in this case you should see the other sounds bad but it's true if I have a girl in my office and let them kill think that all will die sooner or later if the group is destroyed to form the story progresses it is reasonable to leave the group and take the girl to keep their physical and mental integrity that can not be restored within the team. To have made ​​it clear that training is an unstable person and that's a real problem can kill you at any time alleging that could be a danger for thinking differently in the case of Lee and Clementine mainly considered a potential hazard within the group for being weak physically and would put more attention on it, instead of the group.

  • Jaded X had Lilly nailed. Not really a lot i can say because it's already been put so well.

    Voted yes. Her killing Ben in place of Carley wouldn't have effected me to the same extent since i cared about her more than him and if it was him i could buy that the decision to kill was based on anything other than hate, but ultimately Lilly's crime is the same and punishment would have been the same.

    IMO she's just lucky not to get the death penalty.

  • @anonymau5 said: Actually, more so at Mark$man. You put that you didn't know, but Mark$man just tried to argue, and then put that I had to read Jaded X Gamer's post history.

    I do that because Jaded does it better, and has it already written out. The point of the threads are to be read. I don't mean to argue, but I just really hate Lilly. I tolerated her before she kills Doug/Carley, after which I just can't stand her.

  • @anonymau5 said: Look up what tyrant means before throwing the word around. And try actually reading my post.

    And I read your post before replying, and I really don't get what you are talking about. I really don't care about her mentality as to her being basically a tyrant. And yes, I know what it means, although I may put my own twist to it. I'd say maybe more of a dictator. She is such a hypocrite that no matter the voting, her say is all that matters. Even though everyone wanted her to stop her accusations and voted to stop for the time being, she continued accusing Ben and Carley, and later tried to execute someone with no evidence or reason. Even after Kenny and others purpose to leave the motor inn, she still refuses to leave even though there is nothing there, just for her 'safety'. She puts her father and herself over anyone else, and as a leader that is not allowed. She is anything less than a leader, and as a leader she acts like how Kenny calls her "own personal dictatorship". I don't expect others to understand my hatred of Lilly or if they do, agree with it. However, it is how I feel that she is a horrible person and I feel that if I had had an option, I would have executed her. Sorry if you don't like that.

Add Comment