User Avatar Image

If it isn't a game ...

posted by passerby on - last edited - Viewed by 639 users

We know that some characters have some level of plot armour as we play the game, but in real life, anything can happen. In life, there aren't any Season Twos to continue a character.

So, if you were Lee and knowing that Clementine will be without a protector after you're gone, which is just a few minutes away, would you do what the couple did in the mansion - putting a bullet in Clementine's head before putting one in your own?

I know it's disturbing to even think about doing that to a child, but the odds of Clem surviving are really low, unless she finds another protector like yourself, in a city of Walkers, with Vernon already out at sea, and Christa and Omid nowhere to be found.

Even assuming that you know that the Walker scent on her will offer her "invisibility" till she gets out of the city, any number of cruel things could happen to a little 9-year-old girl without a protector. She's still not ready to fend for herself yet, as she only just got rescued after being tricked into trusting Campman. She's really still just a naive little girl. Will you, out of compassion, end her life quickly and painlessly there and then?

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I might give her a hug, but I'm not about to cap her...

Seriously?

• Lee wouldn't give up hope. And out of compassion he would end her life only if she's getting chomped on by walkers, not because she's a "naive little girl" in the zombie apocalypse.

• Never. I wouldn't let Irene kill herself, and i will never kill someone by my hand, even if they request it.

She knows how a gun works, if it gets too difficult for her she can do herself in. I won't make that choice for anyone.

It's for the same reason i saved Ben: it is not my right to decide when someone should die.

• If there is a chance at Clem making it why take it from her? People die horrible ways all the time. You could get hit by a car checking the mail but do you stop checkin it because that could happen..... nope you go on anyway. I would want her to live as long as she could. No matter what Could happen. What Could happen is Clem making it.

• Why not letting her try? I prepared her best I could, she knows the basics, she's a smart one, and she learned to stay the hell away from cities, the odds ain't that bad, you gotta consider her a living person, yeah maybe she's a little naive, but she's a quick learner, and I think what happened with the stranger, was a lesson to her, to never trust people right away, as she didn't right away approach the people in the after-credit scene.

I would never raise my gun up to her,... for whatever reason, unless she was bit and it were her very last minutes before turning.

• If she was bit i would shoot when her back was turned right after bite occured so she would not suffer like Lee. Mentally and Physically. :(

• @Mornai said:
    I won't make that choice for anyone.

This. Anyone wants to opt-out, that's their choice. It's not my choice to decide it's time for someone else to opt-out.

• @Mornai said: Never. I wouldn't let Irene kill herself, and i will never kill someone by my hand, even if they request it.

She knows how a gun works, if it gets too difficult for her she can do herself in. I won't make that choice for anyone.

It's for the same reason i saved Ben: it is not my right to decide when someone should die.

Go, Mornai! I agree, it'd take majority of opinion for me to kill anyone, the only one I questioned to kill was Ben, and that was because he wanted to. But... apparently he wanted to live, since he came with me instead of jumping to his death himself.

I would NEVER do that to Clem. You can't just give up hope, and you can't let someone end their life because it gets hard. Like Kenny had said to beat it out, and keep fighting to the end. Not to give in and just to die. To last as long as you can, and live for those you care about.

Clem would have to do it herself, and only if she couldn't, if she was hurt, and crying for me to end her, would I say goodbye and let her die in peace. Otherwise, I couldn't have the heart to. I don't even know if I could shoot her if she were to become a walker. I don't think I'd have the heart.

People can't give up. It'd shame me alone to see Clem want to quit, to lose her personality, to lose herself to this world. It'd be so sad, and I'd hate for it to happen. I'll protect her innocence to the best of my ability. That I promise!

• Why would I blow Clem's head off? After all that crap I went through to find her, I'm not going to shoot her just because I can't survive and take care of her myself. I taught her to shoot, to survive. Lee shooting Clem at the end is just petty and selfish on top of being simply horrific and unneccesary. I let people "opt out" if they so chose, and I did what I had to to make sure the group, but most of all Clem, survived. I wasn't going to let all the terrible stuff my Lee had done be in vain, because even though I made the pragmatic "bad" choices, I always did it so Clem could live.

I never gave up hope that our group would make it. I realized most of us would probably be dead, but I almost always tried to keep hope alive in Clem and everyone else. Clem is the last member of the Macon group. Everything Lee fought and died for since the apocalypse. I'm not making all the sacrifices worthless by capping her because I think it "might" be "mercy".

• @passerby said: We know that some characters have some level of plot armour as we play the game, but in real life, anything can happen. In life, there aren't any Season Twos to continue a character.

So, if you were Lee and knowing that Clementine will be without a protector after you're gone, which is just a few minutes away, would you do what the couple did in the mansion - putting a bullet in Clementine's head before putting one in your own?

I know it's disturbing to even think about doing that to a child, but the odds of Clem surviving are really low, unless she finds another protector like yourself, in a city of Walkers, with Vernon already out at sea, and Christa and Omid nowhere to be found.

Even assuming that you know that the Walker scent on her will offer her "invisibility" till she gets out of the city, any number of cruel things could happen to a little 9-year-old girl without a protector. She's still not ready to fend for herself yet, as she only just got rescued after being tricked into trusting Campman. She's really still just a naive little girl. Will you, out of compassion, end her life quickly and painlessly there and then?

Then maybe better to let stranger care about her, and let him to kill you? And Clementine will never know that it's someone was looking for her. How do we know that she will be able to loose away from the city? How do we know that she will find a group? I'm seriously. This is the real test of love to her. But why kill the child?

Add Comment