User Avatar Image

Another series / license sewn up (or simply referring to Sam & Max?)

posted by jp-30 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

From here;

[quote] "We're finalizing a plan for another game series, which will get new episodes out even faster," Connors said. [/quote]

My gut feeling is that if Dan had been referring to Sam & Max, he would have namechecked them, not referred to them as 'another game series'.

Which leads me to believe that there is another as-yet-unannounced game series to be revealed. Also because Conners used 'series', not 'license' I hold out a little hope that Telltale consider themselves established enough with Bone, CSI and Sam & Max to have a crack at some original IP.

Would any members of the Telltale staff be able to drop by this thread and continue to not announce anything at all, yet make amusing (and irrelevant) quips that we can attempt to decypher for clues that don't exist?

Thank you kindly.

115 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Hey, that whole grasping at straws and making ridiculous assumptions based on nothing game sounds like fun... come on Telltale, give us something, just one word even, we won't bother you again for weeks.

It would be interesting to see what sort of original IPs Telltale would come up with as well.

• [quote]Hey, that whole grasping at straws and making ridiculous assumptions based on nothing game sounds like fun... [/quote]

Of course Telltale wouldn't be the first relatively new startup adventure game company to play such games, but then there's nothing new under the Sun anyway...

• [quote][quote]Hey, that whole grasping at straws and making ridiculous assumptions based on nothing game sounds like fun... [/quote]

Of course Telltale wouldn't be the first relatively new startup adventure game company to play such games, but then there's nothing new under the Sun anyway...[/quote]
    Hey... I at least still had fun with the whole Bad Brain speculation thing, even though they failed miserably and most people hate them now. Now, on with the ridiculous assumptions!

Umm... Calvin & Hobbes!

• Will Telltale ever make up their own game idea? Seriously, licenses this and licenses that is all I ever seem to hear. You guys must have some creativity right? :)

• Easy tiger. ;)

It's a heck of a lot easier to (and cheaper) to market / advertise known quantities than unknown ones, what with the established fanbase ready to tap.

I have no doubt that there will be original IP along in due course now that TTG are established and have a couple of franchises up and running.

But the company needs to make low-risk steps during the first couple of years as a risky original IP that failed could seriously harm their future.

Anyway, yeah, bring on the original games (but only once it's safe to do so...).

• User Avatar Image
    Kevin Bloggers

Have you checked out Hold'Em?

http://www.telltalegames.com/products/tth01

It's not an adventure game, but it's original IP and we think it's pretty funny!

Kevin

• It may be original and whatnot but it's still playin' cards. I guess I'll be waiting some time before I see an original Telltale game then. Just make sure you get some good licenses! Don't pick any licenses belonging to obscure european comics like most adventure game companies seem to do. :)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Monkey Island? The voodoo lady she has a contract for five games. There must be one more! :)

• Although Lucasarts will proably never make another Monkey Island there is no way in hell they would sell the license. Because, as has been stated before, they are evil, fat and stupid. What's more Ron Gilbert would definitely have to have his hand in it for it to be the last game and from what somebody else on the forums has said he doesn't even want to know about Monkey Island any more, which, although it is indeed a shame is sadly just how it's going to have to be.

• User Avatar Image
    Heatherlee Telltale Staff

[quote]Monkey Island? The voodoo lady she has a contract for five games. There must be one more! :)[/quote]

Did she say what the five games were?

Add Comment