User Avatar Image

Hardest Decision

posted by Polishmafia42 on - last edited - Viewed by 635 users

I'm curious to see what everyone found as the hardest decision to make in the game including the reason why. For me it would be the final decision of Clem either shooting you or leaving you. A girl that age should not have to kill her protector but I was horribly afraid if she didn't then Lee would escape the handcuffs like that other zombie did and attack Clem. I spent about 15 minutes thinking it over there. So what does everyone else think?

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @The Fallen said: Yeah absolutely, i think the story feels a lot more complete with Carley surviving past episode 1. Not just because of the brief romance with Lee, but the whole being able to confide in her about you're past and get advice from her. (I wanted her to be Clem new mommy as well :p), her death still hurts a little bit. Ultimately though making the call to leave a funny guy, especially about 20 seconds after the whole "i think you're a great guy" was rough.

On duck, it was a tough decision because i was so out of my depth, I couldn't really imagine how it would feel to be Kenny at that moment. I made him do it because for some reason i though that long term, he'd feel worse if some guy he may not even like took the shot because he wasn't able to. I regret that.

To go into more detail on Ben, i was very pro Carley, Kenny and Clem, Ben played a major role in Carley's death, a major role in Kenny losing everything he cared about, then left Clem to die on the street. The hatred from all of that combined with the pragmatism of dropping him was majorly at conflict with the humanity saying "pull him up". Probably the hardest button press of my life :p

You're spot on about Clem's influence, Larry was the only harsh call i made in her presence and i felt awful. There was no way i could have dropped Ben if she was still in the tower. Shamefully i was intending to lie to her about it. :(

Yeah, I felt bad leaving Doug, but I'd feel worse with Carley, because a defense could be pulled that you left her to die simply because se had leverage as to who you were, and could use it to her advantage later. Also, that Doug was your friend and you saved Carley because she had "perks". I saved Carley initially simply because you as the player get to know her more, and got to accept her as an awesome and necessary member of the group. I felt like I owed her for saving me and the others. And I mean come on, she's a great shot, and she cared for lee and Clem, I'd say more so than Doug. I also thought that if I saved Carley really fast, maybe she could use her pistol to cover Doug but... Yeah Doug isn't too strong lol.

With the Ben situation, you should know I'm a MEGA Pro-Kenny, Pro-Carley, and Pro-Clemmy, so hell yeah, my first playthrough I wanted to kill the fucker immediately when I found out he caused Carley and duck and katjaa to die. I threatened to throw his sorry ass off the train lol. Then I voted to kick him out at Crawford until Clem voted :/. Afterward I decided to keep him, and I pulled him up without much thought. I didn't want Clem to turn out a bad girl :/ I wanted to protect her innocence. That and I thought Carley's death to keep Ben in the group would have been in vain had I just let him die. I figured I'd give him one more chance to prove he can be worth something. Know what? He proved it; he went to help me save Clem, he saved my memento of carley(her gun) and died a great death. I was pissed he got Kenny into such a predicament though, I hope he's okay :/.

I had to kill Duck, I wouldn't let Ken do it. I did make him kill Fivel though, to get over his son's death.

Fallen, my fav characters were also Ken, Lee, Carley, and Clem, and they shall remain that way for TWD :P

• I really did not have any hard DECISIONS. I just had it hard to do certain stuff. Pulling the trigger and stuff like that.

• @Rizefall said: I really did not have any hard DECISIONS. I just had it hard to do certain stuff. Pulling the trigger and stuff like that.

Same here. That's sort of how it's supposed to be, anyway. The timers that count down are very short and that should force you to make a decision fast without slowing down to think about the consequences. The only exceptions being Clem going to Crawford and Clem shooting or leaving Lee, where the timers are longer(Crawford one much longer)

• @Mornai said: Same here. That's sort of how it's supposed to be, anyway. The timers that count down are very short and that should force you to make a decision fast without slowing down to think about the consequences. The only exceptions being Clem going to Crawford and Clem shooting or leaving Lee, where the timers are longer(Crawford one much longer)

This is why I did not rewind my 1st go. I felt like it added that in the moment feel. Made your split second choice, live with it good or bad.

• @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: This is why I did not rewind my 1st go. I felt like it added that in the moment feel. Made your split second choice, live with it good or bad.

By that, do you mean you did rewind on your other "go'es"?

• Yeah, I didn't rewind my first go except one time, because I wasn't paying attention and Ben got dropped by the walker, getting eaten alive. I thought it was unfair, so I redid the part, saving him. I wouldn't consider it cheating, for I wasn't ready.

• It's odd, I didn't hesitate in some of the more tense moments like trying to save Larry, or pulling up Ben, neither of which I regretted; and I was quick to finish off Danny, though I felt terrible that Clementine had to see it.

It was some of the slower moments like deciding to steal from the RV, taking Clem to Crawford, or talking about giving her up, that could be some of the most unclear to me morally.
    I ended up taking from the RV after a few minutes of painful deliberation, justifying that I couldn't let kids starve based on the idea that good people Might come back to claim it. Never felt good about it though.

• @Mikejames said: It's odd, I didn't hesitate in some of the more tense moments like trying to save Larry, or pulling up Ben, neither of which I regretted; and I was quick to finish off Danny, though I felt terrible that Clementine had to see it.

It was a some of the slower moments like deciding to steal from the RV, taking Clem to Crawford, or talking about giving her up, that could be some of the most unclear to me morally.
    I ended up taking from the RV after a few minutes of painful deliberation, justifying that I couldn't let kids starve based on the idea that good people Might come back to claim it. Never felt good about it though.

People are gonna have different thoughts. In the game i went both ways if when it comes to the car. IN a real situation, there are so many circumstances that has to come into play.

If i were very hungry, if i would die if i would not steal it then i obviously do it. I'd want to survive and just leaving everything my lifeline there just seem stupid. If i for some reason did not need it then i could leave i guys but most people wont. You do what you need to survive. Even in the game if you decide not to take it, everyone else does. I think it's a great call, it's a whole new world when the zombies "arrived". Clem goes by the old rules when she does not wanna take it and i think it's best if you tell her that.

This can be discussed to death, rofl.

• @Mikejames said: It's odd, I didn't hesitate in some of the more tense moments like trying to save Larry, or pulling up Ben, neither of which I regretted; and I was quick to finish off Danny, though I felt terrible that Clementine had to see it.

It was a some of the slower moments like deciding to steal from the RV, taking Clem to Crawford, or talking about giving her up, that could be some of the most unclear to me morally.

It's so obvious that it wasn't just abandoned, and someone was probably going to come back. The car has no fuel left, and i don't think i need to state how difficult it would be to carry all of those boxes with just one man. What other option would you have in that scenario, other than to try to find a nearby shelter and slowly transport the goods there?

The group did still have rations left. If there was literally no food at all i probably would have taken it. How ironic that making the choice that saves your life ends up killing you in the end...

• Actually, even not taking it kills you lol. And I'm sure he'd find a reason for taking Clem, considering he found her on the talkie

Add Comment