User Avatar Image

If it isn't a game ...

posted by passerby on - last edited - Viewed by 329 users

We know that some characters have some level of plot armour as we play the game, but in real life, anything can happen. In life, there aren't any Season Twos to continue a character.

So, if you were Lee and knowing that Clementine will be without a protector after you're gone, which is just a few minutes away, would you do what the couple did in the mansion - putting a bullet in Clementine's head before putting one in your own?

I know it's disturbing to even think about doing that to a child, but the odds of Clem surviving are really low, unless she finds another protector like yourself, in a city of Walkers, with Vernon already out at sea, and Christa and Omid nowhere to be found.

Even assuming that you know that the Walker scent on her will offer her "invisibility" till she gets out of the city, any number of cruel things could happen to a little 9-year-old girl without a protector. She's still not ready to fend for herself yet, as she only just got rescued after being tricked into trusting Campman. She's really still just a naive little girl. Will you, out of compassion, end her life quickly and painlessly there and then?

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ^Exactly, but actually, I'd rather kill her myself to be honest. Not trying to be greedy, but I'd rather her die peacefully than by that psycho.

  • @Mark$man said: ^Exactly, but actually, I'd rather kill her myself to be honest. Not trying to be greedy, but I'd rather her die peacefully than by that psycho.



    Okey. And what next? What will bring you your pride? She will die. Bravo! No chance of survival. Survival implies - survive at any cost. We must to use any chances to survive!

  • @Mark$man said: ^Exactly, but actually, I'd rather kill her myself to be honest. Not trying to be greedy, but I'd rather her die peacefully than by that psycho.



    That's Stranger talk right there. Seriously, he says those same words! Don't become what you go against. :p

    If Lee can teach her not to trust strangers, then you wouldn't need to worry too much about something like this happening. Especially if she's in the countryside, the odds of someone sneaking up on her are decreased.

  • @Mornai said: That's Stranger talk right there. Seriously, he says those same words! Don't become what you go against. :p

    If Lee can teach her not to trust strangers, then you wouldn't need to worry too much about something like this happening. Especially if she's in the countryside, the odds of someone sneaking up on her are decreased.



    Yes, Clementine is not stupid, if she will feel a sense of danger, (after that stranger take her out of the crowd of zombies out of Savannah), she will find a way to escape from a stranger .

  • Clem is a fast learner for sure. She only has to be Told/Showed once. Life is trial and error. Clem is not gonna fall to the same thing twice.

  • @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: Clem is a fast learner for sure. She only has to be Told/Showed once. Life is trial and error. Clem is not gonna fall to the same thing twice.



    Exactly.

  • Es realmente una decisión fácil, Lee fue débil en todo momento, algo que no puedes hacer es abandonar una niña solo por compasión, es tonto pensar que estará bien, sus padres muertos, su protector también, que te hace pensar que va estar bien, Yo he visto morir a una niña a diferencia de ustedes les falta experiencia en ese tema, si estuviera en ese lugar en ese momento físicamente no dejaría que se marchara, prefiero mil veces regresar al infierno otra vez y dejarla dormir con Dios que dejarla vivir en un mundo que no le ofrece nada más que desgracias. Por eso repito y repito más vale solo que mal acompañado.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

  • No. Everything we struggled for was to give her a chance, even if it was slim.
    @Mornai said: Never. I wouldn't let Irene kill herself, and i will never kill someone by my hand, even if they request it.
    Is it better to force someone who's imminently dying within the hour to suffer? There can be difference between someone giving up and someone wanting to end it quickly.

  • @Mikejames said: No. Everything we struggled for was to give her a chance, even if it was slim.

    Is it better to force someone who's imminently dying within the hour to suffer? There can be difference between someone giving up and someone wanting to end it quickly.



    They're free to take themselves out or have someone else do it if they so desire, i won't stop them. I just won't do it myself.

  • @Mornai said: They're free to take themselves out or have someone else do it if they so desire, i won't stop them. I just won't do it myself.


    Well, you said you refused to let Irene have her choice of ending it quickly for herself, and you stopped Ben from letting himself drop after he had already chosen it.

    Either way, if someone was asking it of you, would it be more ethical to just watch people suffer when they aren't able to do it themselves? Like seeing someone engulfed in flame and burning to death? Or someone like Ben who was impaled and imminently facing being eaten alive?

Add Comment