User Avatar Image

Windows 8 Jurassic Park Download/Install Issues

posted by rampantsong on - last edited - Viewed by 946 users

I purchased Jurassic Park through Gamersgate today, but when I go to download it I get an error and when I install it I get a whole host of errors. Is this a known issue for Windows 8, and if so, is there any sort of work around?

6 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I also just purchased Jurassic Park from GamersGate, I am able to install the game with ease but the game itself wont launch after installation. I've tried running as administrator, restarting my computer after installation, re-installing the game, and I have also tried installing the game to a different drive and still nothing.

I also have windows 8 but I'm able to play games from steam and gamefly perfectly.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Windows 8 is not a supported system for these games (yet).
    @rampantsong said: I purchased Jurassic Park through Gamersgate today, but when I go to download it I get an error and when I install it I get a whole host of errors. Is this a known issue for Windows 8, and if so, is there any sort of work around?
    I don't know how gamersgate works. Any issues caused by their system should be reported to them.
    But anyway, what are the exact error messages you get and what lead up to them?

@rampantsong said: I also just purchased Jurassic Park from GamersGate, I am able to install the game with ease but the game itself wont launch after installation. I've tried running as administrator, restarting my computer after installation, re-installing the game, and I have also tried installing the game to a different drive and still nothing.

I also have windows 8 but I'm able to play games from steam and gamefly perfectly.

Please try unplugging all non essential USB devices, especially gamepads or joysticks, before starting the game.

If that doesn't work, please post your dxdiag info.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.
    Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "dxdiag" and hit enter

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Open the file and press Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+C to copy the contents, and paste them in a reply by pressing CTRL-V.
    Sometimes the Forums spam filter catches long posts like this. Don't worry, we can still see them and make them visible.

• I was actually able to solve this problem by unplugging the xbox360 controller from my computer (Thanks goes to the tutor community over at GamersGate) which enabled the game to launch. The only problem I'm having now is during gameplay my cursor will disappear and the horrible lag I'm experiencing during gameplay.

P.S. Thank you for your quick response though.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@dasbaer said: I was actually able to solve this problem by unplugging the xbox360 controller from my computer (Thanks goes to the tutor community over at GamersGate) which enabled the game to launch. The only problem I'm having now is during gameplay my cursor will disappear and the horrible lag I'm experiencing during gameplay.

P.S. Thank you for your quick response though.

That's exactly what i suggested you to do ;)
    Please post your dxdiag as described above.

• I've purchased Jurassic Park but when I try to open it I get the following message
    "Could not load game data. Make sure you are running the application from the directory it was installed to"
    It doesn't matter what we do we can't get it to work. We're running windows 8.
    Please advise what I can do? If I can't get it to work I want my money back.
    Thanks

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@Sam01 said: I've purchased Jurassic Park but when I try to open it I get the following message
    "Could not load game data. Make sure you are running the application from the directory it was installed to"
    It doesn't matter what we do we can't get it to work. We're running windows 8.
    Please advise what I can do? If I can't get it to work I want my money back.
    Thanks

Did you buy it here at the Telltale Games store?
    If so, please reinstall it following these instructions.

Add Comment