941 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well this thread hasn't been deleted yet. Maybe any publicity is good publicity, after all.

• Over on the Gearbox forums, they're deleting any thread that mentions the TF2 items, let alone the game itself. So yeah there's probably a few unhappy groups here.

I'm eager to see the actual reveal, though- even if we know the franchises involved and the item rewards, we don't really know who's in the game, or what's changed about it. I'm sure there's plenty of surprises to come.

(I hope Gearbox being involved means we see Duke Nukem hanging out at the bar in the background or something)

• The last time they announced the game before the items were added to TF2. I remeber speculating that the Fruit F**ker would be an item.

• In a perfect world the old set of characters would be available in PN2 as well, including new conversations with the new characters recorded for this.

• @Laserschwert said: In a perfect world the old set of characters would be available in PN2 as well, including new conversations with the new characters recorded for this.

You do realise, don't you, that this wouldn't be double the work/budget required? There would have to be 387,420,224 new conversations minimum. If we don't have the old characters back, we're only talking 3,120 different conversations minimum. That's a factor of roughly 125k rather than 2.

• Also, in a perfect world the budget is unlimited ;)

• Why the 5 characters? Maybe they're playing a board game this time...
    Maybe Cluedo/Clue the murder myste- *gasp!* Murder at the Inventory! This could be it!

EDIT:
    - or it may be just a made up murder mystery board game, like maybe a parody of Cluedo...
    - or just another card game that allows 5 players...
    Maybe the "murder" of a character is just acted by the character [like we saw in the pre-PNaTI PAX/ComicCon video] so other characters could guess/bet on who killed him/her and how...

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I'll be happy if they put a bunch of characters in the background. It was fun seeing all the characters from Telltale's other games hanging around in The Inventory. It would be great if there was at least double that this time. From Trixie's exit, it looked like The Inventory was quite large. There's no reason there can't be even more characters coming and going. :)

If any of those background characters had some speaking lines (maybe in the intro, after a hand, or if the game is paused for a long time), that would be even better. :D

• Now that I think about it, last time in Poker Night, they wanted to have the items in Poker Night reflect how they'd appear in TF2 but couldn't because of time constraints - maybe the fact that we see these items existing in TF2's files now means that this time, they've managed to be able to do that.

• It occurs to me that the Necrowombicon made an appearance in OTRSPD and OTRSPD EP4 game has yet to be released. It is possible that the Necronomicrown is due to make an appearance in OTRSPD 4 and may belong to Gabe in a possible PN2.

I admit, its a stretch.

Add Comment