User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 8.0K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Okay, not exactly a Telltale game per se, but they should strike a deal with Zen Studios to let them make a pinball table based on Theodore Dudebrough.

• Mass Effect: Tali's Pilgrimage

A point-and-click adventure set in the Mass Effect universe that follows Tali'zorah as she sets off on her Pilgrimage up until she first meets Shepard at the Citadel.

• I don't know who they would have to talk to to get rights (Fox probably), but I think that the next big IP they should sink their teeth into should be Firefly. Fox will never put it back on air and it's been said numerous times that both Fillion and Joss Whedon would want to continue the series so why not have Telltale release episodic content with all of the original actors contributing their voices. Is there anybody else out there that thinks this it the best solution to get more of what we love?

• Was justing watching JeremyJahns review of Firefly on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtXIQu5G2Xg) and at the end he mentioned how he would love Tell Tale to make a game in episodes about the series. My god can you imagine how amazing that would be? It would be like a dream come true!

• A sequel to Sam & Max, for one!

But as far as new properties go? A Philip Marlowe game.

• @Maxlee said: A Shenmue Game that revolves around Tom the American hotdog seller.

How'd he learn Japanese?
    Why is he in Japan?
    Why does he know of the tornado kick!?
    How did he get from Dobuita to New Yokosuka Harbor before Ryo when Ryo left before he did?

Aw, shoot! I saw this too late, but I have to second all of it. This would be the best.

• I think i have 2 good ones
    1. Telltale should collaborate with Nimbus Games to do a reboot of Spy Fox aimed at a wider audience

2. Taletale should make a adventure/point and click adventure hybrid based on Rupert (no, not the "Follow the Magic" Rupert)
    This Rupert
    0.jpg

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

OK. I'll bite. Tell me WHY Telltale should make a Rupert game.

...and do it in rhyme.

(See, I know what Rupert the Bear is all about)

• @Darth Marsden said: OK. I'll bite. Tell me WHY Telltale should make a Rupert game.

...and do it in rhyme.

(See, I know what Rupert the Bear is all about)

Hey, fellas, won't you lend me your ears?
    I got a story to tell, that you'd like to hear,
    about a little white bear, with a colorful scarf,
    his name's Rupert, and I cross my heart,
    this won't take long,
    Something something something something fib-ble flange.

Yeah! Felluhz! East coast is the best coast! I've got more bars than Guatanamo Bay! West side is the best side! Peace out!

Add Comment