User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct FPS based on the TV show, published by Activision

posted by Gman5852 on - last edited - Viewed by 7.8K users

So I just received this in my twitter feed...

I have a bad feeling about this.

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • (Spoiler video for Survival Instinct, if you care...)

The ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtYO2_DjWlk

It's a terrible game. Definitely skip this one.

• Is it any good? Probably not. I'm waiting for critics to rip on this game and a bunch of "I told you so's". Knowing you guys though, hardly any of you bought that piece of dung cuz you know what the real walking dead game is. (And I didn't just say that because were on TellTale Forums ;)

• I didn't get to buy it yet, because over here in europe it releases on friday, I agree with you that there is no way it will even come close - to coming close to TellTale's game, the story will probably be... dull or at least generic, the gameplay looks unpolished, and the graphics won't be exactly a "pro" argument for this game either. Nonetheless I'm buying it because I think they at least somehow understood what the walking dead is about, I saw some gameplays and I see: slow zombies (good thing) many scavenging trips (so far - good thing) the player gets to decide whether he takes the highway or main streets or if he goes for roads, the difference is: if you take the highway you'll have a bigger chance to find places to scavenge, therefore it costs more fuel, on the small roads you'll have less chance to find such places but it costs less fuel - nothing too impressive but a nice feature. It is about the survival I think, and I didn't even see how the group-thing works, I'm curious frankly and since there aren't many zombie games coming soon, and none with slow zombies (why the hell ever...) I at least want to give it a shot. And I'm looking forward to it.

-Still to me the "real" Walking Dead game is TellTale's, because it is a masterpiece given to us by the gods of videogaming - to be humble. They put so much effort into it, and you just see it, in every scene, in every character, in the plot, in the hillarious jokes and quotes by some characters and also in the emotions it makes you go through. It is not perfect, episode 1 sounds "weird" kind of, and it laggs here and there, but I don't even mind those minor issues, because I don't give a shit about them, this game is so much more. And if someone from the TellTale team stumbles upon this comment I'm writing here, I want to sincerely thank you for creating this game, which will be remembered - definitely.

• @ZeroShoot said: I didn't get to buy it yet, because over here in europe it releases on friday, I agree with you that there is no way it will even come close - to coming close to TellTale's game, the story will probably be... dull or at least generic, the gameplay looks unpolished, and the graphics won't be exactly a "pro" argument for this game either. Nonetheless I'm buying it because I think they at least somehow understood what the walking dead is about, I saw some gameplays and I see: slow zombies (good thing) many scavenging trips (so far - good thing) the player gets to decide whether he takes the highway or main streets or if he goes for roads, the difference is: if you take the highway you'll have a bigger chance to find places to scavenge, therefore it costs more fuel, on the small roads you'll have less chance to find such places but it costs less fuel - nothing too impressive but a nice feature. It is about the survival I think, and I didn't even see how the group-thing works, I'm curious frankly and since there aren't many zombie games coming soon, and none with slow zombies (why the hell ever...) I at least want to give it a shot. And I'm looking forward to it.

-Still to me the "real" Walking Dead game is TellTale's, because it is a masterpiece given to us by the gods of videogaming - to be humble. They put so much effort into it, and you just see it, in every scene, in every character, in the plot, in the hillarious jokes and quotes by some characters and also in the emotions it makes you go through. It is not perfect, episode 1 sounds "weird" kind of, and it laggs here and there, but I don't even mind those minor issues, because I don't give a shit about them, this game is so much more. And if someone from the TellTale team stumbles upon this comment I'm writing here, I want to sincerely thank you for creating this game, which will be remembered - definitely.

Wurd

• Well I haven't exactly heard good news on this game yet. Looking like a skip.

And no one was shocked at all.

• Looks pretty neat to me actually. I'll definitely play it if when it's out for PC.

Just a random YouTube Let's play.

• They said its only for ps3 and xbox 360.Pc was canceled :(

• @NukemDukem said: Here is The Walking Dead Survival Instinct Gameplay and First 20 minutes first look

Conclusion: Tell Tale is 1000% better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zuuXOSVfns
    [yt]3zuuXOSVfns[/yt]

Eesh, I watched the whole video and the gameplay was boring and uniteresting.

The player can't kill face to face a walker, it has to be behind its back, and the finishing is usually the same without much variety.

It's odd, I saw the other video and kinda liked it but glad I saw this one completely.

I'll wait for it to drop to $10 or less.

• Haven't played the game. But it looks pretty cool. I probably won't buy it anytime soon because it doesn't strike me as an amazing game but I'd say it's worth a rental. Also Bioshock comes out next week. My money is obviously going towards that game.

I agree it's not the real Walking Dead game. I'm glad they changed it to survival instinct instead of just giving it the same name as Telltales game. When I hear THE Waking Dead game I think Telltale. Despite how I feel about it being overrated.

In fact ironically it's the same argument this time around. While I feel Telltale's game is overrated because it's only good for story, this game seems like it's only good for gameplay. Keep in mind I haven't seen much of the game. About 20 minutes so I have no idea if the story picks up. But from what I have seen It strikes me as a game that isn't exactly an "experience" but more like a fun game.

Only difference is this time people are underrating the game. Most of the hate comes from the visuals. I actually think visuals are okay. Not too detailed but an interesting style. Kind of like in Telltale's game.

What I would really like to see is these two developers team up. Survival horror elements are something that i really wanted in Telltale's game. The new game has wide open areas to explore, you have full control over your character, it has a form of gameplay which is fun but also isn't mindless action. It fixes all the problems I had with TWD with the cost of all the things I like about it. Put both games together and you get a truly amazing game.

My opinion is undeveloped because I haven't played it and I only saw a bit of the begging. however these are my first impressions. I'd say both TWD games seem equal in terms of quality but for different reasons.

Add Comment