User Avatar Image

"WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error

posted by Mike on - last edited - Viewed by 9.1K users

Hi,

We are currently investigating what is causing this to happen for a small percentage of the userbase for The Walking Dead, and we apologize for the inconvenience. There's a few fixes outlined in the technical support FAQ here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29368

If those fixes aren't working for you, please reply to this thread and let me know me know what kind of hardware or software security your system is using. I need the following information:

1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?

3: Does the game work if you run it while disconnected from the Internet?

I don't need DXDiag information or any other system specific info apart from the information requested above. Please, no discussion of the issue in this thread. It's to gather information only.

Thanks,
Mike

137 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Just bought the game today, and got this crash straight away.

1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?
    Yes, yes.

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?
    Yes, MS Security Essentials, up to date, and no problem with the game.

3: Does the game work if you run it while disconnected from the Internet?
    Yes, but unplugging my network cable isn't the most convenient solution.

• 1. no, no software firewall
    2. Microsoft Security Essentials, yes it is up to date, no it is not blocking
    3. no, I receive the same error whether I am connected to my ISP or not.

Win7, 64 bit i5-3570 core, 32GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

• 1. yes yes
    2. avast
    3. NO. How come wgile otthers can use it help pls!!!!

• my game crashes when connecting!
    ;-( ;-(

EDIT solution: thanks
    One other thing you could try is disabling the entire savegame folder, e.g. by renaming
    C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\My Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
    to
    C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\My Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead Off

EDIT2
    next problem: I cannot re-install episodes 2-5 ?! no connection.

• Any solutions by now? i have been waiting the solution for more than a year. I bought the game and i cant play it i have not even started it to play

• User Avatar Image
    RJJ

Mine works when I disconnect the internet. This is a pain - what's the actual fix please?

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@RJJ said: Mine works when I disconnect the internet. This is a pain - what's the actual fix please?

If the crash appears shortly after "click to continue", some people had success by updating their BIOS.

• None of the recommended solutions worked for me. However, unplugging my xbox360 controller did get the game to start.

• Im on a mac and I can't get it yo load instant crash report. I have uninstalled and installed, Checked my security settings but still no luck

• Hi, I am haveing problemes with the game too but my probleme is after i load the game (tghfru steam) the menu is here and when i try to play the first episode it shows the error.Hope theres an solution to the probleme for all of us and that we can finally play this epic game.

NOW THE ANSWEARS!

1.Yes,but i did allow acces to the game.

2.Avast,it is up to date and it isnt blocking the game

3.NOPE!

Thanks for the support!!

Domikmetal!!!

This discussion has been closed.