User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 7.9K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.


It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @YamiRaziel said: It's not true Lilly will let you die if you do not side with her. It is super hypocritical of you Kenny fans to say that. There is only 1 instance where Lilly leaves you to die and that's right 5 minutes after you've brutally kept her away while Kenny smashed her father's brains out.... I mean, everybody would probably abandon you at that point.
    She does keep the group and you save at almost any other occasion, no matter whether you sided with her or not.
    Let's not forget she still saves everybody (including Kenny and his family's) ass in episode 3. Do not forget that!

    Kenny holds a grudge much longer. If you do not side with him, he will constantly let you die in the simplest of occasions, just out of spite and the need for revenge.

    Please tell me when Lily saves anybody? Never. Don't say the bandits. Lee saved everyone while Lily hid with her rifle. Lee saved Kat/Carly/Clem/Ben. Not Lily.

  • Lily is no help to anyone but Larry. When you meet her first. Who saves Duck/Ken/Lee/Clem? Carly/Glen. Lily cusses them for saving a child. Who saves Lee/Clem when the walker comes outta the bathroom Carly. Lily stands there with her thumb in her ass watching. Who risks it all to save Larry? Lee not Lily. Who goes on supply runs? Not Lily. Who does most of watch duties Carly/Ben. Who takes care of all three St johns? Lee Not Lily. What she does do is Snitch Murder and Abandon. Saves who where when? We must of played different versions of this game.

  • @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: Lily is no help to anyone but Larry. When you meet her first. Who saves Duck/Ken/Lee/Clem? Carly/Glen. Lily cusses them for saving a child. Who saves Lee/Clem when the walker comes outta the bathroom Carly. Lily stands there with her thumb in her ass watching. Who risks it all to save Larry? Lee not Lily. Who goes on supply runs? Not Lily. Who does most of watch duties Carly/Ben. Who takes care of all three St johns? Lee Not Lily. What she does do is Snitch Murder and Abandon. Saves who where when? We must of played different versions of this game.

    You really don't like her, huh? Me neihter, especially after reading this, she was incapable of contributing to the group, not to mention to lead it.

    lifes saved:
    Lilly could save you, if you helped her in the meat locker, when Danny attacked you, and then again when Andy attacked you, both depending on one single choice Lilly: 0 (or 2) - Kenny saved us in the drugstore, and helped finding Clem and saved us on the supply run (if you played your cards right) Kenny: 1 (or 2 or 3)

    The numbers in () are optional rescues.

    Winner? Kenny.

  • @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: Please tell me when Lily saves anybody? Never. Don't say the bandits. Lee saved everyone while Lily hid with her rifle. Lee saved Kat/Carly/Clem/Ben. Not Lily.

    Lilly fired the first shot, killed the bandit leader and Lee was executing her plan (which incidentally, succeeded) - why the hell shouldn't that qualify? Because what, pickles and freeblibeebs?

  • @ZeroShoot said: You really don't like her, huh? Me neihter, especially after reading this, she was incapable of contributing to the group, not to mention to lead it.

    lifes saved:
    Lilly could save you, if you helped her in the meat locker, when Danny attacked you, and then again when Andy attacked you, both depending on one single choice Lilly: 0 (or 2) - Kenny saved us in the drugstore, and helped finding Clem and saved us on the supply run (if you played your cards right) Kenny: 1 (or 2 or 3)

    The numbers in () are optional rescues.

    Winner? Kenny.

    Also gave you a ride to Macon. Otherwise you'd be dead. Also got the RV working even though Lilly called it pointless, and it saved EVERYONE'S lives. So you could even call it 5 times. Would have been 6 if Clem hadn't left.

  • @Mark$man said: Also gave you a ride to Macon. Otherwise you'd be dead. Also got the RV working even though Lilly called it pointless, and it saved EVERYONE'S lives. So you could even call it 5 times. Would have been 6 if Clem hadn't left.

    Kenny's also the reason everybody got kicked off the farm in the first place; what with the letting the landowner's son get eaten. It's also impossible to say Lee/Clem would've died simply because they had to leave the farm. I don't recall Lilly ever saying that fixing the RV was pointless; so feel free to provide a quote.

    But ultimately, scoreboard: Under Lilly's leadership the group survived, intact, for three months. In the course of following Kenny's boat plan? Every remaining group member except Clementine ends up dead or MIA within a week; Omid/Christa and Kenny himself only potentially survive the results of Kenny's mess of a plan.

  • Lily's Leadership is questioned from the moment you meet her. First by Carly/Glen over saving Duck. In the same scene Larry tells her shut up. Follow by Lee saying she cannot control her people. Then Kenny calling her a crazy lady. And this is what you call leadership?Cannot lead if no ones following. Lily's leadership what leadership? Ken hands out orders in the drug store giving everyone jobs. Lee gets the pills. Lee/Carly/Doug/Clem hold down the store so everyone can get out. While Clem is helping save everyone in the store where is Lily's leadship then. She is nowhere to be found Ken stopped Larry from killing Lee. Orginally it is Kens idea to stay at the motor inn. What does Lily do on the farm? Nothing no leadership there either. Kenny's idea to take the food from the car. Kenny states they have to leave because of bandits coming over the wall. Which they do. Ken's RV saves the day. After all that she kills Carly/Doug in cold blood. Snitches on you to justify her actions. Then abandons everyone. Saying the statement Lily's leadership kept them alive is a joke.

  • @Rommel49 said: Lilly fired the first shot, killed the bandit leader and Lee was executing her plan (which incidentally, succeeded) - why the hell shouldn't that qualify? Because what, pickles and freeblibeebs?

    Lee has the conversation entirely in his favor. He could easily(and arguably already did) convince the bandits to leave them alone and continue the deal. This could give the group time to pack up and leave on their own terms, or be better prepared for a bandit attack after they realize they're not getting the supplies again.

    Instead, Lilly screws it all up by killing the bandit, initiating a large firefight, drawing walkers to the motor inn and forcing us to abandon it and all of the supplies we had. We could have defused the situation, gathered whatever we could fit into the RV then drive off by choice, but Lilly destroyed our chances at that.

  • @Mornai said: Lee has the conversation entirely in his favor. He could easily(and arguably already did) convince the bandits to leave them alone and continue the deal. This could give the group time to pack up and leave on their own terms, or be better prepared for a bandit attack after they realize they're not getting the supplies again.

    Instead, Lilly screws it all up by killing the bandit, initiating a large firefight, drawing walkers to the motor inn and forcing us to abandon it and all of the supplies we had. We could have defused the situation, gathered whatever we could fit into the RV then drive off by choice, but Lilly destroyed our chances at that.


    I forgot to add this earlier thanks.

  • Yeah because the bandits are willing to let you go just like that. Don't be ridiculous. She saves everybody during the bandit raid, whether you are ready to admit it or not.

    And about Kenny giving you a ride... that's not much of a favour, after he fucks up your stay at Hershel's. And you know Hershel is still alive at the time when Lee dies, so if you count Kenny giving you a ride as a big favour, I can count it quite the opposite.

Add Comment