User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 25.4K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's very hard to know what will happen. THe most logical and easy one would be to just continue where episode 5 left off with Clem starting to act how Lee taught her to.

• @Zeruis said: I think that was the scene where Tyreese tries to go find Rick, Michonne, and Glenn, only to fail and return to the prison. The car in the field is used by Rick, Michonne, Alice, and Martinez when they return to the prison.

It may be a possibility that Clem was there before that scene, but I doubt that she would have walked that far.

Maybe they weren't far from Crawford in that scene. Oh noooooo, merging worlds lol

• You guys have no idea how bad I feel right now.I just go around youtube channels and search for TWD Lp's..I can't wait for season 2 :(

• @BenIsKindaCool said: You guys have no idea how bad I feel right now.I just go around youtube channels and search for TWD Lp's..I can't wait for season 2 :(

How do you mean? Like, you feel bad because you haven't played it, or because you have? Also, like your name.

• @crispy01 said: How do you mean? Like, you feel bad because you haven't played it, or because you have? Also, like your name.

I think he means "bad" as in depressed, sad etc. because Season 2(or the other content) isn't out yet.

• I'm with "Ben" on this one. For the love of all that's good and decent, Telltale, just give us some news before our heads explode!!

• It should take place after the prison raid so we find out what happened to Lilly and the rest of the Woodbury survivors. We can even find The Governor’s and Lori’s corpses.

• @Mark$man said: Maybe they weren't far from Crawford in that scene. Oh noooooo, merging worlds lol

I'm actually cool with it. I take the game as canon to the comics, while some people don't.

Which is why I don't want any tv show characters in the game.

Add Comment