User Avatar Image

I will not play season 2 if there is a new main character

posted by chiefzackery on - last edited - Viewed by 3.7K users

That is not Clem. You showed Clem how to survive on her own and when you died she needs to go her own way not find another random man. Those two people on the hill better be walkers. Omid and Christa are most likely dead. Dont you think Clem has seen enough to run away and you can tell Clem to not trust.
Lastly After all you have done as lee to make clem who you want why would you put in a new character to develop.

327 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • A new character could work, depending on how Telltale goes about it. But if they really have to use a pre-established personality, my pick would always be Kenny.

• you can't make a protagonist out of an already Established character because that would throw away all the established personality and character development

• That's just stupid and close-minded of you.

• My Clem knows to always be cautious, I didn't tell her to never trust, neither I told her to be to eager to find some group, if she got me right, she'll know that observing is more important, on the other hand - no matter what you told her - she seems to be panicking, when she spots those tho figures out there, so probably she'll freeze to the core, and they approach her, and if that happens I sincerely hope it's Omid and Christa, she needs to see familiar faces now, cause she's lost so much.
    I don't think there would be 2 walkers out in the open, walking so close to each other, it's most likely of human nature... well I guess that would include walkers, I mean their probably humans.

How do you think Omid and Christa are most likely dead? They were on a rooftop last time we checked upon them, seems rather safe. They're smart, they didn't jump into some herd trying to fight their way outta Savannah.

However the last thing I want to happen is: That some random dude appears and takes her, it will be weird, Lee is her real second father, and Omid and Christa are her big brother 'n sister, now that dad's gone, bro 'n sis gotta take care.

Anyways - that's my opinion on that.

• @chiefzackery said: That is not Clem. You showed Clem how to survive on her own and when you died she needs to go her own way not find another random man. Those two people on the hill better be walkers. Omid and Christa are most likely dead. Dont you think Clem has seen enough to run away and you can tell Clem to not trust.
    Lastly After all you have done as lee to make clem who you want why would you put in a new character to develop.

If we are thrown into a role of an already existing character it would not make sense. I used to be like you, thinking it will be stupid to start with a new guy, but after further thought and debate I have changed my mind.

for example, if we become Kenny, we would change his personality. He has his flaws, weakness, strengths, opinions and if we were switched to him our personality, flaws, weakness, strengths and opinions would all change who he already is. which would not make sense at all.

Same goes for any other character that already has an existing personality.

• What would be cool, is the idea Robert Morgan posted in this thread:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44553

• lol, I think just the opposite of you.

Originally, I wanted to play as Christa, but now I've seen a different side of things. We should have a new "blank slate" character in season 2, just like Lee in season 1.

• Kenny was pre-deetermined, but now he's kinda clean slate. He has come to a crossroad to his presonality, whether he retains the one throughout the game, or the one he started to show in episode 5, and develop onto it

• @Mark$man said: Kenny was pre-deetermined, but now he's kinda clean slate. He has come to a crossroad to his presonality, whether he retains the one throughout the game, or the one he started to show in episode 5, and develop onto it

It would be awkward to have such a sudden shift in personality, and interacting with pre-existing characters would feel forced.. Perhaps he could (and should) return as a group member, and his personality development could be somewhat guided by your choices and dialog toward him in season 1, as well as season 2.

• ^I'd like that also, but I think of all the characters so far that are alive(or likely alive) Kenny would be the best choice for PC

Add Comment