User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 9K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • P.S Just scanned through the latest posts. Lilly is not a coward. She is definitely messed up but she is not a coward. Ben is a coward, Kenny is a coward... Lilly's not.

So you don't consider Lilly as a coward who killing someone when their back is turned, stealing a vehicle to save themselves therefore abandoning people in the process, having others do all the hardwork, making others look bad to take the heat off herself, hiding behind her dad?

But you consider Kenny a coward who sacrificed himself to save a woman he just met or put a teenager out of his misery?

• @Mark$man said: ^My hands are clean, I went against her pretty much all the time. I killed her father with Kenny and stopped him from turning, allowing everyone the time to escape. I defended Duck at the store from the old man and stood to him when he tried to harm him. I threatened the old man many times, and so Lilly hated me. I wanted to move out of the Inn, which was my choice, and we could all leave her if such was needed, but we couldn't stay, and maybe in another five minutes, it was proved we were right; bandits. And as soon as she killed Carley/Doug, I left her on the side of the road, and I hoped she would die. It wasn't undermining, she wasn't a great leader to start with, and their were people that needed to be protected.

And yes, I've played your way before, but no matter what you do Lilly leaves you and the others to die. She still hates your guts. She still reveals your secret even if you do nothing but take her side. She also kills one of your main friends throughout the entire game. So I feel that is a great stab in the back to me just as I did to Kenny in that playthrough. Kenny is a good friend, if you acted back. He does a lot for you regardless as where Lilly you have to help her a lot. And then she leaves you, and then you are just with Kenny again. So yeah, I don't think kindly to Lilly or her father, and if you've only played once, you should play again on Kenny's side.

I don't feel I undermined her authority, and I may have had a hand n her insanity, but it had been coming for awhile. That and I had no influence on her personality.

I've only played one play through of the game and thought it was a really good story. I was close to Lilly and Carley. They were my best friends in my game and I don't think I want to go back and change that in a replay.

Sometimes you can't change the outcome. Good people die in a ZA and only how you treated them is somewhat under your control.

The best part of this story was my interactions with Lilly. Namely because I started off hating her and her father and our relationship grew to the point where it meant a lot to see her smile when I accepted her offer to go with her in the RV.

I can tell that you are upset about Lilly leaving you behind in the RV. In my game, she left me and Clem behind too. I observed my best friend breaking down over the murder of her father and mistakenly shooting Carley while closing in on a traitor also affected Lilly. I hated to see her go but maybe it was the best thing to go away for awhile and sort things out.

• Está muy visto no crees, sacar a Lilly otra vez sería decir que no existen personajes fuertes , que la segunda entrega sería un asco, dijo el país es muy grande y no todos son inútiles, la verdad si sacan otra vez a Lilly no vale la pena comprar el juego, ya todos saben el final.

• @Mornai said: Lee doesn't disagree because he doesn't have time to, Lilly bursts out the window before he can even fully understand exactly what the heck she is talking about. She forces it onto him without a choice.

It is already shown that the bandits will cooperate no matter which dialogue option you choose, so there's no need to fear otherwise. Even if they demanded something extra such as a hostage, it would have been better for Lilly to fire after they're in the middle or end of negotiating the deal, when the bandits have their guard down. Not saying she shouldn't have fired at all, but she picked the worst possible time to do so, which was impatient and careless.

I don't disagree on the part about Ben, though one could just as easily say that if Ben was thrown out, the group would not know that you turn after you die, and Larry could have killed everyone in the meat locker. What ifs don't really help a lot.

No, their leader says they should "hash out some terms"; which could easily involve letting the rest of his people come in, taking the RV, etc. Again, it requires you to believe that the raping, murdering bandits with a penchant for little girls are really upstanding guys.

Everybody else who tried dealing with the bandits got screwed in the end for the trouble. What's the definition of insanity again? Doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Actually, Lilly wanted him thrown out after Katjaa was done with Travis/Mr. Parker. Which is incidentally when the Ben tells the group, nothing would've been lost. ;)

• @Rommel49 said:
    No, their leader says they should "hash out some terms"; which could easily involve letting the rest of his people come in, taking the RV, etc. Again, it requires you to believe that the raping, murdering bandits with a penchant for little girls are really upstanding guys.

Everybody else who tried dealing with the bandits got screwed in the end for the trouble. What's the definition of insanity again? Doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Actually, Lilly wanted him thrown out after Katjaa was done with Travis/Mr. Parker. Which is incidentally when the Ben tells the group, nothing would've been lost. ;)

Lilly immediately objects to their entrance as soon as they open the gate, way before the walker situation even happens. She doesn't specifically talk about kicking him out for the rest of the episode.

The bandits' previous dealings with Ben show that they have no need for hostages, all they had to do was say they had one already and they'll get what they want. It worked for them once, and their general level of intelligence dictates that they'll very likely do it again.

They could have easily stormed the motor inn during the period of time when they were receiving the meds from Ben, then proceed to take over if they wanted to. Why did they not move in when making the deal with Ben? For all they knew he could have informed the entire group of their deal.

In their first deal, they don't move in or take anyone hostage, they just receive the supplies. To expect simple-minded bandits to do something entirely different for essentially the same deal(after they've seen that it already works) is, indeed, insane.

• Lee had no choice but to follow Lily's crazy plan. What is he going to do? Argue with her? Tackle her? Not with bandits holding Clem. Lee could of made terms. Agreed to half the supplies then abandon the place in a day or so. The bandits held up their end with Ben for three days more than enough time to get out.

• @Mornai said: Lilly immediately objects to their entrance as soon as they open the gate, way before the walker situation even happens. She doesn't specifically talk about kicking him out for the rest of the episode.

The bandits' previous dealings with Ben show that they have no need for hostages, all they had to do was say they had one already and they'll get what they want. It worked for them once, and their general level of intelligence dictates that they'll very likely do it again.

They could have easily stormed the motor inn during the period of time when they were receiving the meds from Ben, then proceed to take over if they wanted to. Why did they not move in when making the deal with Ben? For all they knew he could have informed the entire group of their deal.

In their first deal, they don't move in or take anyone hostage, they just receive the supplies. To expect simple-minded bandits to do something entirely different for essentially the same deal(after they've seen that it already works) is, indeed, insane.

Blatantly false. Lilly specifically says "they can stay until Katjaa's done working on that guy, but then after that they have to go." due to the fact they just don't have enough food to take in new people.

The closest anyone comes to advocating kicking them out right off the bat is Larry when he says that Lee and company shouldn't have brought them back in the first place.

I'm not sure the fact the bandits lie through their teeth during their "negotiations" with Ben is supposed to help your case not to do your damndest to kill them at the first oppurtunity before they screw you over. Quite the contrary.

We also don't know where and when Ben originally made the deal with the bandits. What Ben stole was left outside the gate. We can also tell the bandits failed to breach the wall prior to that, given its condition when we see it in Ep. 3 (the group had been weathering bandit attacks for weeks and never sustained casualies).

Anyone who'd think dealing with the bandits wouldn't screw you over in the end is asking for a Darwin Award. Particularly since we have examples of it happening to everybody else that tried. To go back to something previously, the reason we have a fight or flight response? Whatever guy was carrying the genes for the "invite enemies over for tea" response didn't live long enough to pollute the gene pool.

• I could never understand this board and their intense hatred towards Lilly...

• I could never understand this board and their intense hatred towards Lilly...

Read the points that others have made and you'll see why she's much worse than the villains you encounter.

• @CarScar said: I could never understand this board and their intense hatred towards Lilly...

Probably the same reason people despise those who murder their loved ones...

Add Comment