User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct FPS based on the TV show, published by Activision

posted by Gman5852 on - last edited - Viewed by 6.5K users

So I just received this in my twitter feed...

I have a bad feeling about this.

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @mosfet said: Polygon hated it too. It doesn't look like this game will be winning any GOTY awards.

With so many fantastic games (GTA V, for example) coming out this year TWD:SI definitely doesn't stand a chance of being a GOTY title. How could it? It's flawed and needs improvement.

Gran Turismo 6 strangely is releasing this year too, seems rushed since it could very well be a PlayStation 4 title.

Gears of War Judgement -- played the multiplayer demo not really my type of game (TPS), I prefer FPS shooters instead and the graphics weren't very good.

• @Phil_TWD said: With so many fantastic games (GTA V, for example) coming out this year TWD:SI definitely doesn't stand a chance of being a GOTY title. How could it? It's flawed and needs improvement.

Gran Turismo 6 strangely is releasing this year too, seems rushed since it could very well be a PlayStation 4 title.

Gears of War Judgement -- played the multiplayer demo not really my type of game (TPS), I prefer FPS shooters instead and the graphics weren't very good.

LOL I wouldn't even consider this game for GOTY. GOTY is for great games. This one is just "okay".

• It seems like the general consensus that this game wasn't going to be very good(earlier in the thread) were correct, to some extent.

Maybe sometimes you can indeed judge a book by its cover... that doesn't mean you shouldn't open it, but you should probably lower your expectations.

• But, of course, Tornreaper, you're the only one who has played bad games. I mean why would I even dare to have a different opinion than yours?

You're definition of an okay game is rather ridiculous. I mean from what I've heard, Crysis 3 is an okay game. Kinda like the previous parts, but not amazing, that's an okay game.
    TWD can't match games that came more than 5 years ago, not to mention games like Tomb Raider, which were an actual 2013 titles.
    P.S You seem to defend this game so much, but you haven't even tried it. I did, however. People only try to play it because it is TWD and they love the franchise. So yeah, there are no good qualities about this game and if you keep insulting people who do not share your opinion, we might have to ask some mod to force you to contain your fanboyish know-it-all outbursts.

• @YamiRaziel said: But, of course, Tornreaper, you're the only one who has played bad games. I mean why would I even dare to have a different opinion than yours?

You're definition of an okay game is rather ridiculous. I mean from what I've heard, Crysis 3 is an okay game. Kinda like the previous parts, but not amazing, that's an okay game.
    TWD can't match games that came more than 5 years ago, not to mention games like Tomb Raider, which were an actual 2013 titles.
    P.S You seem to defend this game so much, but you haven't even tried it. I did, however. People only try to play it because it is TWD and they love the franchise. So yeah, there are no good qualities about this game and if you keep insulting people who do not share your opinion, we might have to ask some mod to force you to contain your fanboyish know-it-all outbursts.

So much right with this post.

• @JordyLicht said: Has it already been released? I can't find it in any store, but maybe they release it in Europe later.

Yeah, I think Europe gets it next week.

@JordyLicht said: It seems like the general consensus that this game wasn't going to be very good(earlier in the thread) were correct, to some extent.

Maybe sometimes you can indeed judge a book by its cover... that doesn't mean you shouldn't open it, but you should probably lower your expectations.

I think this is a game that's been aimed (inadvertently or not) at a niche group of gamers. (not including walking dead "fans")

• @YamiRaziel said: But, of course, Tornreaper, you're the only one who has played bad games. I mean why would I even dare to have a different opinion than yours?

Yeah well fuck your opinion and fuck you. This has nothing to do with people not liking what I like. The only reason I'm "defending" this because of idiots like you who have a terrible judgement in games.

I wouldn't have to defend it if people actually knew what makes games good. I said several times that it's not worth it because of better titles that are great games. But assholes like completely underrate games like this. It was the same deal with DNF. It's either bad or amazing. I dare you to play Die Hard Vendetta. Maybe then you would know what a bad game is. But your sense in game quality is atrocious.

The game isn't bad. It isn't great either. And it doesn't have 0 positive aspects. Your opinion is shit and so are you. Get the fuck off the Internet retard.

• @Tornreaper said: Yeah well fuck your opinion and fuck you. This has nothing to do with people not liking what I like. The only reason I'm "defending" this because of idiots like you who have a terrible judgement in games.

I wouldn't have to defend it if people actually knew what makes games good. I said several times that it's not worth it because of better titles that are great games. But assholes like completely underrate games like this. It was the same deal with DNF. It's either bad or amazing. I dare you to play Die Hard Vendetta. Maybe then you would know what a bad game is. But your sense in game quality is atrocious.

The game isn't bad. It isn't great either. And it doesn't have 0 positive aspects. Your opinion is shit and so are you. Get the fuck off the Internet retard.

Jesus. What's wrong with you? Someone gives you a perfectly reasonable argument, and you flip your shit. This isn't like something that should be a sore spot. This is fucking VIDEO GAMES. If you honestly think this is a good response, then I think you might need some time off the internet. Asshole.

• @anonymau5 said: Jesus. What's wrong with you? Someone gives you a perfectly reasonable argument, and you flip your shit. This isn't like something that should be a sore spot. This is fucking VIDEO GAMES. If you honestly think this is a good response, then I think you might need some time off the internet. Asshole.

Reasonable argument my ass.

Also It may not be a nice response but he doesn't deserve one.

• @Tornreaper said: Reasonable argument my ass.

Also It may not be a nice response but he doesn't deserve one.

He didn't fucking insult you. He didn't fucking call you an idiot, he only said that he had a different opinion.

I consider myself a cynical asshole, but you sir are a stupid asshole. Please, just throw your computer off a cliff until you grow up and realize that people with a different opinion aren't fucking Satan.

Add Comment