User Avatar Image

I will not play season 2 if there is a new main character

posted by chiefzackery on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

That is not Clem. You showed Clem how to survive on her own and when you died she needs to go her own way not find another random man. Those two people on the hill better be walkers. Omid and Christa are most likely dead. Dont you think Clem has seen enough to run away and you can tell Clem to not trust.
Lastly After all you have done as lee to make clem who you want why would you put in a new character to develop.

327 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mark$man said: ^I'd like that also, but I think of all the characters so far that are alive(or likely alive) Kenny would be the best choice for PC

He would be the most suitable preexisting character, but it would be best if Telltale simply created a new character without a predefined personality.

• Podía ser, se ha debatido sobre el uso de Clementine, tantas posibilidades que incluso el juego podría ser un poco decepcionante.
    Te apoyo en un nuevo personaje le daría más vida.

• @amigosolitario said: Podía ser, se ha debatido sobre el uso de Clementine, tantas posibilidades que incluso el juego podría ser un poco decepcionante.
    Te apoyo en un nuevo personaje le daría más vida.

"It could be, it has discussed the use of Clementine, many possibilities that even the game could be a little disappointing.
    We support a new character would give more life"

This is what he said according to Google Translate.
    so.. what is he trying to say?

• @anonymau5 said: "It could be, it has discussed the use of Clementine, many possibilities that even the game could be a little disappointing.
    We support a new character would give more life"

This is what he said according to Google Translate.
    so.. what is he trying to say?

Asmat6rCMAAdBgz.jpg:large

• @Robert Morgan said: A new character could work, depending on how Telltale goes about it. But if they really have to use a pre-established personality, my pick would always be Kenny.

This

• @Mark$man said: Kenny was pre-deetermined, but now he's kinda clean slate. He has come to a crossroad to his presonality, whether he retains the one throughout the game, or the one he started to show in episode 5, and develop onto it

And this.

• I really want to see Clementine again, but I've been tending to side with those saying that the protagonist shouldn't be a pre-established character. Though I could picture playing as Clem more than any of the others, what with the last segment essentially having Lee passing on the torch to her.

Even if Kenny did live, it would just feel odd suddenly being able to mold his morality after playing the whole first season being at odds with him.

• I'd expect to see a new playable character, since playing as a pre-established character (Clementine, Kenny, Christa, Omid, etc.) would only risk damaging their characterisation and morals if the player make choices that contradicts their personalities. I feel that these characters are made to stand on their own feet and make their own choices, and it should stay that way.

As for me I hoping that we don't get another 'Lee' main character, because it would only be the same-old-same-old with Season 1 and Clementine should be seasoned enough to make her own choices. The new main character should be different from Lee enough to make the Season 2 protagonist and his/her journey different from Lee.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

• I don't mind playing an existing character or an entirely different one, I'll enjoy it either way(as long as it's not Vernon:mad:)

The only thing i don't want is a scenario where none of the previous characters ever appear at all. I'd probably still play, but i would deeply saddened.

• @Mornai said: The only thing i don't want is a scenario where none of the previous characters ever appear at all. I'd probably still play, but i would deeply saddened.

Agree with this (no need for me, to write another comment, if yours says it all)

Add Comment