User Avatar Image

TV Show - Potential Spoiler about Merle

posted by Rizefall on - last edited - Viewed by 621 users

Not even sure if this picture is fake cause it really looks like Merle. He's the only one who had that thing on his arm, it also looks like him. The one to the right looks like Daryl with his clothes.

208777_384118305019374_211798087_n.jpg

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rizefall said: Thanks for reading a "maybe spoiler" (as i was not sure if fake or not, that's what i wanna discuss) thread in the spoiler forum getting spoiled.

And again, i've seen people discuss the show here, the comic, telltale game and even the new Daryl game. How many of these should be on the forum? One maybe, how many of them ARE on the forum? All of them.

Yes but the title of the thread(which we can't avoid since it shows up on the main forum page everytime someone posts on it), is "Oh god Merle". What the heck else could it be?

@Rizefall said: OK, nipping this in the bud.

Nowhere does it say the spoiler section is for the game alone. It's just as easily applied to the TV show as well - which you'd think would be the case anyway, given that the show's running right now and there's nothing's happening with the game (yet).

OK, so Rizefall put this in the wrong section to start with - that's not a problem now. There's still a spoiler warning in the thread title, and you still chose to read it anyway.

You're in the spoiler section reading a thread that warns of possible spoilers. Case closed.

Yes but that still leaves the problem of people still being able to see the titles of threads in the spoiler forum without actually going to that forum. A problem which only solution is to just not go to the Walking Dead forums completely. You are the mod of course, not me, but it might be a good idea to change the "Oh god Merle" that shows up for all to see every time someone posts. To maybe "Possible TV show spoilers" just to be on the safe side.

• @Darth Marsden said: OK, nipping this in the bud.

Nowhere does it say the spoiler section is for the game alone. It's just as easily applied to the TV show as well - which you'd think would be the case anyway, given that the show's running right now and there's nothing's happening with the game (yet).

OK, so Rizefall put this in the wrong section to start with - that's not a problem now. There's still a spoiler warning in the thread title, and you still chose to read it anyway.

You're in the spoiler section reading a thread that warns of possible spoilers. Case closed.

Funny because a mod told me in the past that spoilers are strictly in regards to the game, berating me for putting a spoiler concerning the comics. Whatever though.

• @Gman5852 said: Yes but the title of the thread(which we can't avoid since it shows up on the main forum page everytime someone posts on it), is "Oh god Merle". What the heck else could it be?

I typed that cause, oh my god it looks like something happend to Merle. Not sure if it being a spoiler i typed "maybe spoiler". That should be enough info that it COULD be a Merle spoiler. COULD. It would be one thing if it was confirmed but we dont know, again it could be a hallucination like Daryl has had before and not this being real.

• @CarScar said: Funny because a mod told me in the past that spoilers are strictly in regards to the game, berating me for putting a spoiler concerning the comics. Whatever though.

Really? Huh. Must have missed that.
    @CarScar said: You are the mod of course, not me, but it might be a good idea to change the "Oh god Merle" that shows up for all to see every time someone posts. To maybe "Possible TV show spoilers" just to be on the safe side.No, fair enough. I'll tweak it a little.

• @Darth Marsden said:

I'm not the type to argue with a mod, but I'd like to respectfully point out that TTG doesn't make the TV version of TWD..... so I doubt most people would come here for or even expect spoilers for anything but the game.

That said - maybe there needs to be a rule for spoiler tags placed in a thread title.... like "[SPOILER - TV/BOOK/COMIC] Oh god Merle.... MIGHT BE SPOILER (not sure if fake)" --- when a person posts.... just to protect those people who can't watch the show (for whatever reason) until a later time. (or comic or a novel)

• @DreadMagus said: That said - maybe there needs to be a rule for spoiler tags placed in a thread title.... like "[SPOILER - TV/BOOK/COMIC] Oh god Merle.... MIGHT BE SPOILER (not sure if fake)" --- when a person posts.... just to protect those people who can't watch the show (for whatever reason) until a later time. (or comic or a novel)

I'll mention it to the other mods, see what they think. Not a bad idea though.

• @Darth Marsden said: I'll mention it to the other mods, see what they think. Not a bad idea though.

Do that. Better to be sure then not to be.

• ^I agree bout the fail-safe plan. Grade A!

• I have to agree Rize, it isn't good :/ I don't think people expected it, and it god damn jumpscared me o.O It isn't really right, I mean it's obvious it's real. Both pictures are same background, and you'd have to be a MASTER to photocopy that. And the person on the ground is most likely Ben or the father of Ben. Maybe even Glenn man... Stick to game spoilers till they get stuff settled xD

• @Mark$man said: I have to agree Rize, it isn't good :/ I don't think people expected it, and it god damn jumpscared me o.O It isn't really right, I mean it's obvious it's real. Both pictures are same background, and you'd have to be a MASTER to photocopy that. And the person on the ground is most likely Ben or the father of Ben. Maybe even Glenn man... Stick to game spoilers till they get stuff settled xD

Thing was, the episode has not been on TV. It's not out to download anywhere. I dont even know the pictures origins as i just found it on a random site and they asked the same as i did.

This discussion has been closed.