User Avatar Image

Twdsi vs twdttg

posted by amigosolitario on - last edited - Viewed by 723 users

the walking dead survival instinct or the walking dead telltalegames

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • TWDG hands down.
    But I've seen gameplays of TWDSI and it doesn't seem as bad as people say it is. I'll probably get it once it 's under $20

• @DreadMagus said: I've got a bug that makes it impossible to save on any slot but slot 3.

I call that extremely buggy.

No, that's an extreme bug. The word "extremely" indicates that the game is bugged to an extreme condition, which would necessitate an extreme quantity of bugs in addition to an extreme severity as well as an extreme extent of reach. What you have is a single extreme bug that only some people have, but from what I've seen, the majority of people don't. Ergo, the game is not "extremely buggy" you are just "extremely unlucky" to suffer that bug.
    Words mean things.

• @Cpt. Sqweky said: No, that's an extreme bug. The word "extremely" indicates that the game is bugged to an extreme condition, which would necessitate an extreme quantity of bugs in addition to an extreme severity as well as an extreme extent of reach. What you have is a single extreme bug that only some people have, but from what I've seen, the majority of people don't. Ergo, the game is not "extremely buggy" you are just "extremely unlucky" to suffer that bug.
    Words mean things.

No, the game is extremely buggy. Majority of my friends, and LPers I've watched, have had their save files deleted on the computer. Most people who played on the PS3, or at least a large sum, encounter extreme lag on a regular basis. I'm not sure about Xbox people, all I know is when I play it on my Xbox I have save file deleting problems like people who play on a computer. If a couple of common gamebreaking bugs don't count as "extremely buggy", then I don't know what does.

• No silly, the game isn't buggy at all.

Cpt. Sqweky said so. :rolleyes:

• @CarScar said: No, the game is extremely buggy. Majority of my friends, and LPers I've watched, have had their save files deleted on the computer. Most people who played on the PS3, or at least a large sum, encounter extreme lag on a regular basis. I'm not sure about Xbox people, all I know is when I play it on my Xbox I have save file deleting problems like people who play on a computer. If a couple of common gamebreaking bugs don't count as "extremely buggy", then I don't know what does.

What should constitute extremely buggy is when it is physically impossible to play and complete any portion of the game, or the number of glitches regardless of severity is extreme(e.g. 10 different glitches on a single level).

• No - extremely buggy means (and I'm coining this) "Enough bugs that you have to fight the game to have fun."

The idea that most people (the apologists) are willing to accept substandard playability has always amazed me.

I mean, I love this game to no end -- but it was the story that kept me playing, not their coding ability.

• @Riadon said: 1000x500px-LL-c28b345c_gleason_not_sure_

Perfect answer right here.

But I would say awards and ratings speak for themselves if you really are serious. Actvision screws up 90% of the good ideas that come into their hands. SI had potential to be sweet, but ended up sucking something awful. Resold it to gamestop the day I bought it.

• TWD Survival Instinct got a 4.5 while TTG's Walking Dead got a 9.3 I think? These are ratings from IGN.

• @DreadMagus said: No - extremely buggy means (and I'm coining this) "Enough bugs that you have to fight the game to have fun."

The idea that most people (the apologists) are willing to accept substandard playability has always amazed me.

I mean, I love this game to no end -- but it was the story that kept me playing, not their coding ability.

Better get a patent on that...

There are still many people who do not have technical difficulties with TTG's game. It is indeed a widespread problem(and hopefully fixed for season 2), but extreme words should be reserved for glitches that 100% of the customers will always encounter, no exceptions.

Regardless... Survival Instincts' shortcomings are something that no one will ever be able to avoid, so it shouldn't be compared to a problem only some people encounter.

• SI's "problems" seem to come down to taste - not technical issues or coding problems.

Add Comment