User Avatar Image

Hardest Decision

posted by Polishmafia42 on - last edited - Viewed by 666 users

I'm curious to see what everyone found as the hardest decision to make in the game including the reason why. For me it would be the final decision of Clem either shooting you or leaving you. A girl that age should not have to kill her protector but I was horribly afraid if she didn't then Lee would escape the handcuffs like that other zombie did and attack Clem. I spent about 15 minutes thinking it over there. So what does everyone else think?

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mark$man said: Actually, even not taking it kills you lol. And I'm sure he'd find a reason for taking Clem, considering he found her on the talkie

He probably would... but he also says he could have won his wife's trust back if he still had the food. If he did that, he would still have his wife and daughter, so there would be less incentive for him to kidnap Clem, and his wife would probably object to taking her or somehow convince him not to.

• @Rizefall said: By that, do you mean you did rewind on your other "go'es"?

Yes on my second go I used the rewind.

• @Rizefall said:
    If i were very hungry, if i would die if i would not steal it then i obviously do it. I'd want to survive and just leaving everything my lifeline there just seem stupid. If i for some reason did not need it then i could leave i guys but most people wont. You do what you need to survive. Even in the game if you decide not to take it, everyone else does. I think it's a great call, it's a whole new world when the zombies "arrived". Clem goes by the old rules when she does not wanna take it and i think it's best if you tell her that.

Direly needing it was the point. If the group already had a means to feed themselves it wouldn't have been an ethical issue.

@Rizefall said: It's so obvious that it wasn't just abandoned, and someone was probably going to come back. The car has no fuel left, and i don't think i need to state how difficult it would be to carry all of those boxes with just one man. What other option would you have in that scenario, other than to try to find a nearby shelter and slowly transport the goods there?

The group did still have rations left. If there was literally no food at all i probably would have taken it. How ironic that making the choice that saves your life ends up killing you in the end...

It was abandoned, albeit recently; that doesn't guarantee anyone coming back to it. Granted this wasn't a solid enough justification for me to not feel shamefully guilty about it, but it was enough reason for an already desperate group to not want to take the risk and die for it.

If there was an option of waiting, or leaving some supplies, I may have taken it, but they were at a point where a meal consisted of minimalistic rations for four people in a group of ten. You can hardly say there was much indication that they would have lasted much longer without those supplies.

• @Mikejames said: Direly needing it was the point. If the group already had a means to feed themselves it wouldn't have been an ethical issue.

It was abandoned, albeit recently; that doesn't guarantee anyone coming back to it. Granted this wasn't a solid enough justification for me to not feel shamefully guilty about it, but it was enough reason for an already desperate group to not want to take the risk and die for it.

If there was an option of waiting, or leaving some supplies, I may have taken it, but they were at a point where a meal consisted of minimalistic rations for four people in a group of ten. You can hardly say there was much indication that they would have lasted much longer without those supplies.

Indeed. Everyone thinks differently but IMO regarding what was going on behind the scenes, you take it and explain to Clem that this had to be done so WE survive. That's what's most important for now.

• User Avatar Image
    mz3

shoot duck or not.
    -leave lilly or not.
    -shoot lee or not.

• What to do with Larry in the meat locker.
    Whether to save or drop Ben.

• Leaving Lilly behind or not. I really, really liked Carley but Lilly was in a dark place... I ended up bringing her with me, nearly timed out though. I was so angry at her...

• @Mornai said: It's so obvious that it wasn't just abandoned, and someone was probably going to come back. The car has no fuel left, and i don't think i need to state how difficult it would be to carry all of those boxes with just one man. What other option would you have in that scenario, other than to try to find a nearby shelter and slowly transport the goods there?

The group did still have rations left. If there was literally no food at all i probably would have taken it. How ironic that making the choice that saves your life ends up killing you in the end...

it was clearly abandoned, who would leave the lights on and the key in the ignition with the door open and beeping, i assumed the people that owned were dead, and the group had less than a weeks rations if you count 4 snack sized pieces of food a day as actually food (no rations left at all in my opinion) if the car was locked and just parked and we happened to notice food in the back then it would be more ambiguous as to whether it was abandoned and then it could have been left by the bandits, but i still would have taken it because everyone (including clementine) was starving, if lilly(or whoever) had stored our food in an abandoned car in the woods and it was taken i would blame lilly (or whoever put it there) because everybody is scavengers now, are people not going to take food from a house just because the don't own it? no, everything is up for grabs and leaving food unattended is like putting it in the bin, as in you give up your ownership of the item

• @thestalkinghead said: it was clearly abandoned

Maybe it looked like it was, but it wasn't. Hard decision, put your life and the lives of those you care about over someone's who's maybe dead already (in twd, someone who walks in the woods in the middle of the night has quite a chance of getting killed) or risk that your group might starve, because you don't want to steal from someone who might not even be alive. That's the decision in a nutshell. I stole, from the car, I didn't care if someone needed it too, Clem, Kenny, Duck, Carley and all the others needed it as well. I would kill for Clem, so why wouldn't I steal for her?

• @thestalkinghead said: it was clearly abandoned, who would leave the lights on and the key in the ignition with the door open and beeping, i assumed the people that owned were dead, and the group had less than a weeks rations if you count 4 snack sized pieces of food a day as actually food (no rations left at all in my opinion) if the car was locked and just parked and we happened to notice food in the back then it would be more ambiguous as to whether it was abandoned and then it could have been left by the bandits, but i still would have taken it because everyone (including clementine) was starving, if lilly(or whoever) had stored our food in an abandoned car in the woods and it was taken i would blame lilly (or whoever put it there) because everybody is scavengers now, are people not going to take food from a house just because the don't own it? no, everything is up for grabs and leaving food unattended is like putting it in the bin, as in you give up your ownership of the item

The fuel gauge was empty. The lights and keys were probably just due to stupidity stupidity, but i suppose it could be easily assumed that the owners died while searching for gas/help to push the car/etc.

It was a great choice, looking back(as well as the nearly 50-50 percentage on it). Most people think it was a big choice at first, then as time goes on believe it had no effect whatsoever. Ironic how stealing the food ends up killing the very people you were trying to save...

Add Comment