User Avatar Image

I will not play season 2 if there is a new main character

posted by chiefzackery on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

That is not Clem. You showed Clem how to survive on her own and when you died she needs to go her own way not find another random man. Those two people on the hill better be walkers. Omid and Christa are most likely dead. Dont you think Clem has seen enough to run away and you can tell Clem to not trust.
Lastly After all you have done as lee to make clem who you want why would you put in a new character to develop.

327 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Robert Morgan said: I know I've already talked about this before, but I still think having Kenny as the PC would allow for a wicked opening for season 2. Imagine the player taking control of Kenny only a few seconds after parting ways with Lee, and helping him to evade the walkers. The saved import would determine whether you rejoin Kenny in the alley with Ben, or inside the building just after saving Christa, but it doesn't really matter since you ultimately end up in the same pre-set story location the moment you start moving.



    Agreed. Kenny is my choice.

  • @Jaded X Gamer said: All though I agree I'd like a new protagonist over a previous character, if they were to go with an existing character I think Kenny is actually the best choice. As some people have pointed out, by the end of episode five, if he survived, he's in a somewhat similar position as Lee at the beginning of the series from an emotional standpoint. Alone, family's gone, has some deep regrets and is probably unsure how to proceed in life.


    Fair enough. I suppose I personally feel that handing control of him to the player is an odd way to carry out his character development. His sacrificial choice carried more weight when shown in reflection to his prior actions, but I don't know if I want to have a new perspective on his character based upon his views suddenly coinciding with my own.

    Then again, Telltale's been talking about releasing something that's supposed tides us over before season 2. Maybe it could involve playing a returning character like Kenny before switching to a brand new protagonist next season?

  • @Mikejames said:
    Then again, Telltale's been talking about releasing something that's supposed tides us over before season 2. Maybe it could involve playing a returning character like Kenny before switching to a brand new protagonist next season?



    What I have heard about this 'mystery thing' that Telltale have been teasing about doesn't seem ot have much to do with the Walking Dead, and I think it might be the release of one of their other games, like Fables or something. They do keep repeating the word "Howl" whenever they talk about it, so who knows.

  • @crispy01 said: What I have heard about this 'mystery thing' that Telltale have been teasing about doesn't seem ot have much to do with the Walking Dead, and I think it might be the release of one of their other games, like Fables or something. They do keep repeating the word "Howl" whenever they talk about it, so who knows.


    The articles I've read quoted Gary Whitta stating that, "Knowing that it’s a way off, and knowing that people are hungry for more Walking Dead… there may very well be more Walking Dead from Telltale before season two."

  • @Mikejames said: The articles I've read quoted Gary Whitta stating that, "Knowing that it’s a way off, and knowing that people are hungry for more Walking Dead… there may very well be more Walking Dead from Telltale before season two."



    May have been the Walking Dead on Vita they just announced.

  • @chiefzackery said: That is not Clem. You showed Clem how to survive on her own and when you died she needs to go her own way not find another random man. Those two people on the hill better be walkers. Omid and Christa are most likely dead. Dont you think Clem has seen enough to run away and you can tell Clem to not trust.
    Lastly After all you have done as lee to make clem who you want why would you put in a new character to develop.



    INB4 you buy it and type your opinion on here anyway.

    Saving this for future reference.

  • @Rizefall said: INB4 you buy it and type your opinion on here anyway.

    Saving this for future reference.



    Idc if its not clem i will watch on youtube not gonna waste $25 of my hard earned cash for the same shit babysitting clem she needs to be on her own

  • @chiefzackery said: Idc if its not clem i will watch on youtube not gonna waste $25 of my hard earned cash for the same shit babysitting clem she needs to be on her own



    Hahahahaha Clem's protector is now a defector xD. All hail Queen Clem! Oh wait, we have to protect her? *Drops Clem* Didn't happen >.>

    Lol I'd rather Clem be a NPC, and the PC be either Kenny, Christa or Omid, Lee :), or a new PC. I wouldn't mind having to protect Clem though!

  • I think as a playable character Clem should be a little bit older. There are so many decisions i dont want to take with a kid. Maybe in one of the next seasons.

    What do you think about Molly? She is tough, smart and could be a perfect partner to show Clem how to survive. Like a big sister.

  • @fire1 said: I think as a playable character Clem should be a little bit older. There are so many decisions i dont want to take with a kid. Maybe in one of the next seasons.

    What do you think about Molly? She is tough, smart and could be a perfect partner to show Clem how to survive. Like a big sister.



    The idea of playing an older Clem has already been shot down on this forum. That would mean moving a little further ahead of whatever's going on with Rick's group in the WD comic book timeline, and most fans don't want to see that, although I think playing a teenage Clementine would solve a lot of the obstacles that Lee's death created for season 2.

    Molly only appeared in the last two episodes, and her character is admittedly less sketched out than Kenny's, but I was never too fond of her. I thought her snarky attitude and superhuman survival skills were annoying, and seemed to clash against the tone of the story up to that point.

Add Comment