User Avatar Image

I will not play season 2 if there is a new main character

posted by chiefzackery on - last edited - Viewed by 3.2K users

That is not Clem. You showed Clem how to survive on her own and when you died she needs to go her own way not find another random man. Those two people on the hill better be walkers. Omid and Christa are most likely dead. Dont you think Clem has seen enough to run away and you can tell Clem to not trust.
Lastly After all you have done as lee to make clem who you want why would you put in a new character to develop.

327 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Robert Morgan said: ...a lot of the obstacles that Lee's death created for season 2.

    Y'know, that started me thinking. With the Walking Dead universe, it was entirely possible for Lee to survive the bite, or the missing arm. The screen goes black as Clem pulls the trigger, or she walks off, and she isn't exactly a master assassin, so it is possible the shot was non fatal, she missed or just chickened out.
    So, it is possible that they could bring Lee back (although, that would be very hard to pull off without pissing off alot of people, and crushing the impact the last scene had). If some people with proper medical supplies and skill happened upon Lee, if they were quick enough, they could heal him, stop the bleeding, clean the wound etc...

  • @Robert Morgan said: Molly only appeared in the last two episodes, and her character is admittedly less sketched out than Kenny's, but I was never too fond of her. I thought her snarky attitude and superhuman survival skills were annoying, and seemed to clash against the tone of the story up to that point.


    I do think that switching to someone too physically capable or action hero-ish would be a bit jarring. Lee had the right level of realistic ability, his pockets being able to house a blowtorch aside.

    @Robert Morgan said: Y'know, that started me thinking. With the Walking Dead universe, it was entirely possible for Lee to survive the bite, or the missing arm. The screen goes black as Clem pulls the trigger, or she walks off, and she isn't exactly a master assassin, so it is possible the shot was non fatal, she missed or just chickened out.
    So, it is possible that they could bring Lee back (although, that would be very hard to pull off without pissing off alot of people, and crushing the impact the last scene had). If some people with proper medical supplies and skill happened upon Lee, if they were quick enough, they could heal him, stop the bleeding, clean the wound etc...


    I've said it before, I shall miss Lee, but it would be a detrimental cop out of the highest caliber if they somehow undid the meaning of his last tragic moments. The idea of him having to leave Clem only to survive being infected and chained down in an overrun city would only hurt the story at this point.

  • @crispy01 said: Y'know, that started me thinking. With the Walking Dead universe, it was entirely possible for Lee to survive the bite, or the missing arm. The screen goes black as Clem pulls the trigger, or she walks off, and she isn't exactly a master assassin, so it is possible the shot was non fatal, she missed or just chickened out.
    So, it is possible that they could bring Lee back (although, that would be very hard to pull off without pissing off alot of people, and crushing the impact the last scene had). If some people with proper medical supplies and skill happened upon Lee, if they were quick enough, they could heal him, stop the bleeding, clean the wound etc...

    I don't understand why people say that. Why would it be bad for him to be back? That sad moment is still there, if not worse! If Lee survived, he would have no idea where Clemmy was and wouldn't know what happened to her. And until they could reunite, Clem would think he was dead :/ That would be really saddening, and then once they get together reunite, wouldn't that be touching? Especially since the world is still shit, and either one of them could still end up dying, but allowing Lee to return until the end of TWD game series and then killing him off once and for all(or killing Clem :/) would be a much more touching response in my opinion. Any way that Lee could survive realistically would be awesome, and I'd love if he could return even if for a short time, just to have Lee be able to tell Clem he loves her(like a parent lol).

  • @Mark$man said: I don't understand why people say that. Why would it be bad for him to be back? That sad moment is still there, if not worse! If Lee survived, he would have no idea where Clemmy was and wouldn't know what happened to her. And until they could reunite, Clem would think he was dead :/ That would be really saddening, and then once they get together reunite, wouldn't that be touching? Especially since the world is still shit, and either one of them could still end up dying, but allowing Lee to return until the end of TWD game series and then killing him off once and for all(or killing Clem :/) would be a much more touching response in my opinion. Any way that Lee could survive realistically would be awesome, and I'd love if he could return even if for a short time, just to have Lee be able to tell Clem he loves her(like a parent lol).

    Beleive me, if they could do it without it being terrible, I would want them too. But at the same time, I don't. I love Lee as a character, and the ending is amazing because it wraps everything up, having Lee give his final advice, and goodbyes, and sending Clem into the world alone. It would just feel like a cop out (if I am using that phrase correctly) for them to pull him back.

    It is possible that they could make it work, but it is not likely, and would probably be better to let it go and have a new survivor.

  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

    @chiefzackery said:
    Lastly After all you have done as lee to make clem who you want why would you put in a new character to develop.

    Because every character you continuously show in the Walking Dead franchise has one fate and one fate only.

  • @crispy01 said: Beleive me, if they could do it without it being terrible, I would want them too. But at the same time, I don't. I love Lee as a character, and the ending is amazing because it wraps everything up, having Lee give his final advice, and goodbyes, and sending Clem into the world alone. It would just feel like a cop out (if I am using that phrase correctly) for them to pull him back.

    It is possible that they could make it work, but it is not likely, and would probably be better to let it go and have a new survivor.

    I don't think it wrapped everything up, because Clem still needed him. She wasn't ready... That, and I feel like I died. Now with another character raising Clem? It just won't feel the same... :/

  • @Mark$man said: I don't think it wrapped everything up, because Clem still needed him. She wasn't ready... That, and I feel like I died. Now with another character raising Clem? It just won't feel the same... :/

    Well, Clem would never seem ready, not for in game Years anyhow, so that unavoidable, unless the game lasted much longer.
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Kinda annoying, as I now feel like everything I do is just passing time until Season 2 comes out.

  • @Mark$man said: Hahahahaha Clem's protector is now a defector xD. All hail Queen Clem! Oh wait, we have to protect her? *Drops Clem* Didn't happen >.>

    Lol I'd rather Clem be a NPC, and the PC be either Kenny, Christa or Omid, Lee :), or a new PC. I wouldn't mind having to protect Clem though!

    That was for season 1 WHEN CLEM WAS NOT READY TO BE ALONE now sher is ready

  • [quote=chiefzackery;780167]that was for season 1 when clem was not ready to be alone now sher is ready[/quote]

    idk...

  • @chiefzackery said: That was for season 1 WHEN CLEM WAS NOT READY TO BE ALONE now sher is ready

    She may be ready mentally but she will always be in danger due to her physical limitations. Look at how many hand-to-hand battles Lee had to go through with walkers, AND how much he struggled with each and every one of them. A 9 year old girl's body cannot showcase that same strength, no matter how smart she is.

Add Comment