User Avatar Image

Fables first look at Fablescon on 23/3!

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Mmmm, something is up at Fablescon! :D

Saturday, 3:00 pm:
"Boring Panel Room
In the Shadow of the Wolf. As long as we’re already in this room talking about Fables, Telltale Games gives us a first look at their upcoming video game based on the Fables Series. Join Richard Iggo from Telltale, as he grills Bill Willingham, or maybe it will be the other way around, but in any case, one of them will show you a few visuals from the game, and give away as few secrets as they can hold on to."

Source:
http://fablescon.com/

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So, today is the day of Telltale's panel. If my calculations are correct (and they probably aren't) it starts in about 9 hours. Given that the panel lasts one hour, it will be 2 AM here (the Netherlands) before stuff starts appearing online, at the earliest. I guess that means I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Given Telltale's track record in recent years, there's usually a period of one month between the first real information/trailer and the actual release of the game, so that would mean the season would start in april/may. There's also another game reveal on april 1st, so these are exciting time for us fans. Good stuff :).

• @Tjibbbe said: So, today is the day of Telltale's panel. If my calculations are correct (and they probably aren't) it starts in about 9 hours. Given that the panel lasts one hour, it will be 2 AM here (the Netherlands) before stuff starts appearing online, at the earliest. I guess that means I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Given Telltale's track record in recent years, there's usually a period of one month between the first real information/trailer and the actual release of the game, so that would mean the season would start in april/may. There's also another game reveal on april 1st, so these are exciting time for us fans. Good stuff :).

is the key party a game reveal?

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Tjibbbe said: So, today is the day of Telltale's panel. If my calculations are correct (and they probably aren't) it starts in about 9 hours. Given that the panel lasts one hour, it will be 2 AM here (the Netherlands) before stuff starts appearing online, at the earliest. I guess that means I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Well, the panel's over now (it's past 4 PM now in Minnesota), but nothing's hit the net yet.

So, you're probably right about it's public reveal not happening until tomorrow.

• ....So?
    No report?
    No images/photos/info?
    :(

• I googled my ass off, but nothing to find. I guess nobody in the audience was interested in sharing the information. Here's hoping Telltale will put something online in a couple of hours (then again, it's sunday...).

• I'm not getting my hopes up for an update today. Telltale's "key party" site mentions the 25th, and it makes sense to just update everything on the same day.

I was hoping for at least a blog post or something from someone who attended the panel, but I guess Fablescon isn't big enough to warrant any media presence. Also, PAX is this weekend.

• The 25th sounds about right, but yeah I guess updating everything at the same time does make SOME sense. Would be nice if they threw us a bone, guess were gonna have to just wait it out.

• @Nintendo Boy1 said: The 25th sounds about right, but yeah I guess updating everything at the same time does make SOME sense. Would be nice if they threw us a bone, guess were gonna have to just wait it out.

GDC does start at the 25th. Telltale isn't listed as an exhibitor, so Fables probably won't have a presence at the show floor. There are a couple (I counted 4) panels with people from Telltale, but three of those are about Walking Dead and one of those is about breaking into the video game business (with Jake Rodkin). Nothing about Telltale's general future or Fables, but who knows if they'll let something slip at the Walking Dead panels.

Add Comment