User Avatar Image

Mankind or Clementine?

posted by zev_zev on - last edited - Viewed by 3.8K users

Please read before vote.
Just a my fiction, but if in the final season (Ending of Clementine story) we got a vaccine ( I know that Robert Kirkman says that naver happen in TWD world).
So you got a vaccine in our equipment, this vaccine can help newborn children to be be uninfected forever (only newborns). Vaccine works this way: If pregnant woman will injecting vaccine to her stomach at the second month of pregnancy, then her child will be uninfected forever, if he dies he will not turn, but bite is still deadly.
You flying away from military base who was attacked a horde of walkers, you planning to flying by big cargo plane with Clementine, and with pregnant girl-pilot ( for example Lilly who has got romance with main character, and gets pregnancy from him few days ago; Now is the first month of pregnancy ). Plane are ready to take off , but the cargo compartment is full of walkers. Clem, you, and pilot are in cockpit, you have closed the door to cockpit, and walkers can't get you in here. The engines included, you sit on second pilot place, and pull back on the steering wheel. The plane begins to take off. A pregnant girl-pilot opened the cargo compartment, and a lot of walkers are falling out of the plane. Suddenly door to cockpit has busted, and some walkers were going inside. Clementine pulled out a gun (Colt M1911) and says:
-"Don't worry I'll take care of this"
- You: "What? Hell no. That's dangerous, you can't do that! Sit here!"
- Clementine: "Of course I can, I'm ten years old, remember?" *smiles*
*bang* *bang*
The plane quickly begins to gain in height, and is tilted upward at a sharp angle. The last walker to enter the cockpit grabs Clementine by the leg. In a frantic moment, she grabs the handle to the cockpit door in a desperate attempt to stay alive, but not before forever losing her precious baseball cap to the current.
-Clementine: Aaaaaah... Aaaaah. HELP! PLEASE!
- You: "HOLD ON CLEM!"
You shoot the walker from your rifle, and caught her by her hand, you hold her in two hands.
*sad music starts* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iOiBH4xIbg
-Clementine *nearly crying*: "PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T LET ME GO!"
-You: "I hold you! Do you hear me?! I hold you! It's ok hun, it's ok, just hold on!"

Ampoule with vaccine are falling out of your pocket. *Time slows down* ( as like drugstore when you must choose Carley or Doug).

If you attempt to catch the ampoule with one hand, you are unable to hold onto Clementine, because you had got a bullet wound on your left shoulder one week ago. And so your precious symbol of innocence is lost forever.

If you continue to hold Clementine, the ampoule containing the vaccine falls out of the plane, effectively dooming the human race to a continuous cycle of infection.

You've got six seconds to make a choose *in slow motion* before the ampule wjth vaccine will falling out of you pocket.

If you will do nothing in this six seconds, Clem will noticing that ampule are falling out. Then she will looking to the vaccine, and saying "Goodbye", she will relaxing her hand, and falling down. You will catching ampule, then you will trying to grab Clem's hand, but it will too late.

What would you choose?

397 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: Needs of many out weigh the needs of the few. Sorry sweet pea. :(

What if the needs of the many has about a 0% chance of successfully saving the many? And what if the needs of the few has about a 100% chance of successfully saving the few?

Too many moving parts for this vaccine to work successfully, so much would have to go perfect, and in the universe of TWD, or even in real life we know that that never happens.

Clem is the true hope in this universe, the vaccine is a false hope.

• @Mornai said: I haven't read through the entire thread, so I'll only be judging from the initial posts for this.

I'd save Clementine. From reading what that cure is, it's simply not good enough. It only works for newborn babies? There aren't going to be a lot of those. Plus, the ones that are born increase the risk of death for itself, its parents and their group dramatically. At some point in time, that baby will cry. If they are anywhere near any walkers, it will alert them. They can be dealt with, but it will make the walkers a much more dangerous threat than they normally would be because they would always be drawn by the cries of the baby.

I'm sure we're all well aware that a baby cannot defend itself in any way. That means someone has to be protecting it at all times if and when walkers launch an assault, which means one less person for defense(or less efficient in that defense). We don't really have time to wait for those newborn babies to grow into able bodies that can help defend areas, either. Having a baby is just too risky in areas that aren't very secure(which most aren't) and that means there aren't going to be a lot of them in the world, at least initially.

Survivors can adjust to the infection. It can become a routine practice to destroy the brain of people who pass on, naturally or otherwise. People can adapt to the new life and slowly try to rebuild by themselves(like the Alexandria Safe-Zone in the comics). Simply being infected doesn't harm you, and turning after dying can be dealt with(every house comes supplied with a batch of salt licks ;)).

If the cure were better, if it could be injected to any living human and cure them, then maybe I'd reconsider. As it stands, it's simply not good enough.

Besides, it's not like you're really deciding the entire fate of humanity. Survivors will still survive, cure or no cure. If it were a "if you save Clementine every other human on Earth will instantly die" decision, then I'd probably choose otherwise.

In closing, if the cure were better, or humanity as a whole was in more immediate danger by the decision, I'd consider dropping Clem. Otherwise, no.

This. This is exactly why I chose Clem.
    What's the point of a useless (well, MOSTLY useless) cure?

• The cure is a lie! If I had the choice, I would save Clementine "we have been through more things together then you can imagine, anything that gets in the way is going to wind up dead" this is pretty much how I look at it.

• @Bioshock Infinite WD said: The cure is a lie!

I agree, sir.

• @Bioshock Infinite WD said: The cure is a lie!

Why? I wrote my scientific theory about the possible creation of a vaccine. Refer to page 11

• It was just a joke, the scientific theory seems possible, I still pick Clementine as we been through so much.

• I really like this thread, one of the few that make sense nowadays. It's good to keep bringing it up, so new faces on this forum can say their opinion as well.

• @ZeroShoot said: I really like this thread, one of the few that make sense nowadays. It's good to keep bringing it up, so new faces on this forum can say their opinion as well.

Thank's bro. I agree with this opinion.

• mankind, only a killer would pick clem

• I would not say a killer, but to me I just pick the needs of the few over the needs of the many.

Add Comment