User Avatar Image

Play as Lily in the upcoming interquel?

posted by Sandt on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Telltale stated that they would release something to help tide us over until season 2 is released. If that something is a game, then I think Lily should be the main character.

Like her or hate her, Lily was a pretty interesting character with both assets and flaws to her personality, which make her complex, which make her easy to relate to. Even if you hated her actions, we all can understand where she was coming from when she did it. it would be a true shame for Telltale to let this character fall to the wayside when her story is practically begging to be told.

The interquel could began where Lily's story ended in season 1. This could lead to her being one of the two characters Clementine see's in the distance at the end of season 1.

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mikejames said: Well, plenty of people defend Kenny after killing Larry, and then potentially leaving Lee for dead despite what he could have done for his family prior.

I don't condone what Lilly did, she had obviously lost it at that point, and I don't think that Larry's death justified it, it just helps explain her deteriorating mental state.

I don't see how Kenny has anything to do with my post but whatever. At least he killed Larry with the intention to save the group.

• @CarScar said: I don't see how Kenny has anything to do with my post but whatever. At least he killed Larry with the intention to save the group.

I was just pointing out how a lot of people here were attacking Lilly's actions while still defending Kenny's. At that point his motivation wasn't for anyone in the group but his family, while Lilly lost it believing she was finding the groups' traitor.

Either way, both killed at a point where it wasn't necessary.

• @Mikejames said: I was just pointing out how a lot of people here were attacking Lilly's actions while still defending Kenny's. At that point his motivation wasn't for anyone in the group but his family, while Lilly lost it believing she was finding the groups' traitor.

Either way, both killed at a point where it wasn't necessary.

Kenny's was, whether a mercy kill or just to kill him. Larry couldn't come back, even long term. He would die, and being revived would only put him through more pain. My father has had multiple heart attacks, and living from it has suffered major pain. Larry would be suffering until he died again without his pills and no immediate medical attention. If he turned, the group would suffer greatly, having the person trying to revive him get torn to shreads. And trying to save him at all would waste valuable time, for another couple minutes and Danny would have returned to kill off the group. I can't say I didn't hate Larry, but I didn't wish for him to die like I do Larry. The first time I tried to save him, to no effect. There is no way to save him, and Kenny, to a sense, does the right thing.

Lilly, even at her mental state, still shot an importanty member of the group that she despised even though she did nothing against Lilly and Lilly had no proof. And later it was turned out she was innocent. She was even a hypocrite, saying to take a vote as to who to kick out or if they should be. Then she becomes an executioner on a victim. Same with Doug. She had no evidence on Ben, even though he was guilty. And he didn't deserve to die. Lilly's victim was not a justified kill.

• @Mark$man said: NOOOOOOOOO. N.O. I hated her even more than I do Larry. And no, I can't understand where she came from, because she is a pretty terrible person. She tried to get people killed inside the group, she wanted to leave Ben and whoever else that you brought with you to die out in the world, she will go against you no matter what you did at certain parts. She kills a person in cold blood, and will steal an RV and leave you all in a wreck with no transportation if you foolishly trust her and let her back in the RV. She is equally as responsible for the deaths of Duck and Katjaa, and sole culprit in Carley/Doug's death. She wanted to lead the group, and yet she couldn't do it properly, and constantly put them at risk.

I really hope she isn't the one on the hill(one of them). Definitely not the main character.

IMO, I would get her killed on purpose in season 2 if that's the case, because I'd rather have someone like Ben.
    She didn't have a full story? No. Her character was built to be Lilly Caul of the comics, and although she is now an original character of Telltale, she was still mean't to be her, and that would be the type of person she is.

:spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o: Do NOT read if you do NOT know of her role in the comics!

She kills Llilly and Judith in the comics.

:spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o: End

She kills Lori not herself.

• @Pickles312 said: She kills Lori not herself.

Mean't to write Lori

• Lily the Lunatic TWD S2. Follow Lily as she meets a new group. Watch Lily take over leadership by throwing tantrums, ignoring everybodies comments that disagree, or straight up cold blooded murder. Decide what group member Lily kills first. Choose Lily's hatefull reactions to the group for saving children. Help Lily in figure out how to deceive and leave the new group in dire straights to save her own ass and ensure their deaths. Lily the Lunatic coming this fall.

• @Sandt said: Telltale stated that they would release something to help tide us over until season 2 is released. If that something is a game, then I think Lily should be the main character.

Like her or hate her, Lily was a pretty interesting character with both assets and flaws to her personality, which make her complex, which make her easy to relate to. Even if you hated her actions, we all can understand where she was coming from when she did it. it would be a true shame for Telltale to let this character fall to the wayside when her story is practically begging to be told.

The interquel could began where Lily's story ended in season 1. This could lead to her being one of the two characters Clementine see's in the distance at the end of season 1.

Although I miss Lilly and wish I could have gone with her in the RV, I see this "interquel" as a clever way for TTG to test the waters for introducing some new characters without any fan backlash for not picking up where season 1 ended.

TTG could introduce an new group that maybe saw the train roll on by and pick up their story from there. A short episode with this group and then when season 2 is released, we begin episode 1 with familiar and liked characters that meet Clem maybe as soon as the end of episode 1.

Since TTG never planned for a season 2 and killed off Lee this may be a way for them to get out of the corner they have painted themselves into.

• @Sandt said: Telltale stated that they would release something to help tide us over until season 2 is released. If that something is a game, then I think Lily should be the main character.

I did not like Lilly at all... But she was an interesting character that would be cool to see again. She would definitely not be the PC tho, she has too complex of personality already, if the PC played her she would change dramatically.

However i would like the PC to run into her either in the episode to hold us off or in season 2. I posted a while back a fanfic that in season 2 she becomes the New PC's "right hand man" like kenny was in this season. If lilly was on your side she could be a huge asset.

• Well lets put it this way, she started to become a little off the charts when her father was murdered. Also she realized somebody from the camp was stealing supplies even after her father being murdered. Id say she is a good asset to the team. BUT.........When she shot Carley I lost all respect. I DO HOWEVER think we need to see her again, she was good for the game as she brought some drama.

• I think the next TWD character will be female

Add Comment