User Avatar Image

I will not play season 2 if there is a new main character

posted by chiefzackery on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users

That is not Clem. You showed Clem how to survive on her own and when you died she needs to go her own way not find another random man. Those two people on the hill better be walkers. Omid and Christa are most likely dead. Dont you think Clem has seen enough to run away and you can tell Clem to not trust.
Lastly After all you have done as lee to make clem who you want why would you put in a new character to develop.

327 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • TT have really dug a hole for themselves here...IF Lee is really dead,what are the options? Lily? fans either hate her or like her,a new main character? right away he/she would be compared to Lee and HATED because of it LOL Christa/Omid/Kenny not enough likeable and you would be thinking only Lee's thoughts through other characters...BRING BACK LEE

• @Clemmy1 said: TT have really dug a hole for themselves here...IF Lee is really dead,what are the options? Lily? fans either hate her or like her,a new main character? right away he/she would be compared to Lee and HATED because of it LOL Christa/Omid/Kenny not enough likeable and you would be thinking only Lee's thoughts through other characters...BRING BACK LEE

Yeah, but bringing back Lee, in my eyes, would ruin the S1 ending. It was so emotional, and they made it so Lee is as good as dead. Brining him back would just mess that up, make the S1 ending have much less impact.

• I think they need to keep things fresh. Clems story feels complete. Its time to move on to someone else's story.

• @Sox&Rocks22 said: I think they need to keep things fresh. Clems story feels complete. Its time to move on to someone else's story.

I disagree completely. It would have felt complete with the regular ending, but the epilogue screams sequel. It's like adding the first paragraph of another chapter at the end of a book.

• @Sox&Rocks22 said: I think they need to keep things fresh. Clems story feels complete. Its time to move on to someone else's story.

The main character dying and leaving behind a 9 year old girl, who is later found by two unknown silhouettes before the screen cuts to black, leaving her fate frustratingly ambiguous, is complete to you?

...how?

• @aerial-ballet said: The main character dying and leaving behind a 9 year old girl, who is later found by two unknown silhouettes before the screen cuts to black, leaving her fate frustratingly ambiguous, is complete to you?

...how?

It's been a long time since I've anticipated something so much, and that can be boiled down to two reasons:

1) The identity of the new PC
    2) The identity of those two silhouettes

I suspect they'll turn out to be one and the same, but Telltale could have other surprises up their sleeves.

• I agree, I've never been so anxious for a video game since fire emblem, and this is worse. I'm mad hype people!!! Bring on season 2 :P

• @aerial-ballet said: The main character dying and leaving behind a 9 year old girl, who is later found by two unknown silhouettes before the screen cuts to black, leaving her fate frustratingly ambiguous, is complete to you?

...how?

To be honest, when I first finished the game I figured we should try to get used to accepting it as the end of Clementine's story. I could see it as one of those saddening cliffhangers intended to be ambiguous enough to let people believe whether or not things would be OK.

But now with more episodes lined up, and all of the predictions of a season 2 lead being one of the silhouettes finding her at some point, I dare to hope that she's seen again at least. I don't really expect to see the same kind of guardian role, or father-figure dynamic this next season though. It's sad picturing someone new trying to build the same relationship that she had with Lee..

• I don't understand the opposition against playing new characters - no one knew Lee before we played episode 1, so he was new too.

This is just a question of being stuck in a comfort zone - considering TTG's ability to create good, believable characters, I have full confidence that a new character will be just as good as Lee and co.

Add Comment