User Avatar Image

I will not play season 2 if there is a new main character

posted by chiefzackery on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

That is not Clem. You showed Clem how to survive on her own and when you died she needs to go her own way not find another random man. Those two people on the hill better be walkers. Omid and Christa are most likely dead. Dont you think Clem has seen enough to run away and you can tell Clem to not trust.
Lastly After all you have done as lee to make clem who you want why would you put in a new character to develop.

327 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @aerial-ballet said: The main character dying and leaving behind a 9 year old girl, who is later found by two unknown silhouettes before the screen cuts to black, leaving her fate frustratingly ambiguous, is complete to you?

...how?

Finish the story in your own head - the people seen could be zombies out for a snack on Clem, Christa and Omid or a couple of unknown persons. The cool thing about it is: You decide!

• @Warge said: Finish the story in your own head - the people seen could be zombies out for a snack on Clem, Christa and Omid or a couple of unknown persons. The cool thing about it is: You decide!

Uhm...hello? This is a video game? I know we couldn't do jack-squat about saving Lee, but I like to think TTG will allow us to affect the story just a little more in season 2.

Sorry, but releasing the second season without providing any follow-up to the cliffhanger would be weird and dumb in so many ways. Trying to subvert an audience's expectations is one thing. Trolling your audience is quite another.

• @Robert Morgan said: Uhm...hello? This is a video game? I know we couldn't do jack-squat about saving Lee, but I like to think TTG will allow us to affect the story just a little more in season 2.

Sorry, but releasing the second season without providing any follow-up to the cliffhanger would be weird and dumb in so many ways. Trying to subvert an audience's expectations is one thing. Trolling your audience is quite another.

lol season2 with a troll on the cover art xD

• I think the protaganist should be Lee's wife. None of the existing characters should be used as a protaganist, they are to firmly established in my mind, and taking control of them would be off putting.

With Lee's wife you have a connection to the character you used to be, and the player can even continue fleshing out who he was when she talks about him. Lee's wife while not an established character has at least been mentioned so we know she inhabits the world. If/when she meets up with Clem, it will make for an intresting piece of drama when it is discovered Clem's former gaurdian was this woman's husband. So the player while in the know about everything will be able to build up the story of Lee and his wife, how Clem's group feel about her, and how it plays out when Clem finds one other person in the world who did love Lee (loved at one point at least).

You could even start the game with her cheating on Lee, and when Lee comes in and kills him, your first decision will be how to react to this.

For me this is the best option, Telltale could do something completely diffrent and I would be ok with it, but for me atleast this will be headcanon until Telltale shows me difrently.

• It would be silly if you can control a girl without any great skills.I wish Clem and Omid and Christa meet a new group of survivors and then you can control the leader of that group and it would be great if you would be able to select the character you want.

• @crispy01 said: I think that was intentional. After all, difficult decisions lose their effect if you can simply go back and change it easily. This way, it discourages people from going back to retry, and having decisions stick with you, even if you regret them later.

I agree that it must have been an intentional choice for that exact reason, but for me personally, it's a frustrating deal-breaker.

The last thing I remember doing was choosing not to ransack some poor schmoe's (still running!) car. I certainly didn't regret the choice, and I understand the storytelling desire to force me to suffer the consequences of putting ourselves at risk to set a good example for the remainder of Clementine's life.

But I don't think it was worth it, really. As well-written as the game was, we all know it can only do so much, and the consequences aren't really going to be majorly affecting the plot-line, just making it more personal.

So why not give us the ability of seeing the alternative? It's hard not to be curious what Selfish Lee would have said.

• Why do people want Clementine to come back as some expert survivalist superhero? Who taught her how to survive? How long did they survive?

The after credits scene is there to give hope the same as Christa and Omid, who were poorly developed in my opinion. The game ends pretty dark like the comic book, but some are now demanding a returning cast and a chance for a happy ending.

• The more rumours and speculations I hear, the more I'm inclined to believe Telltale will either have a brand-new character as the PC, or promote Clementine to the role.

I know many members of this forum would balk at the idea of playing a nine-year-old girl, but besides selecting Kenny as the PC, I don't see any other way that Telltale could continue to evolve the emotional connections and bonds they nurtured throughout season 1. Introducing an entirely new PC has its own set of problems, in that the player would essentially be "starting over from scratch", which runs a high risk of making him/her feel as if all their choices and actions in S1 were ultimately redundant.

• @Plan_R said: I think the protaganist should be Lee's wife. None of the existing characters should be used as a protaganist, they are to firmly established in my mind, and taking control of them would be off putting.

With Lee's wife you have a connection to the character you used to be, and the player can even continue fleshing out who he was when she talks about him. Lee's wife while not an established character has at least been mentioned so we know she inhabits the world. If/when she meets up with Clem, it will make for an intresting piece of drama when it is discovered Clem's former gaurdian was this woman's husband. So the player while in the know about everything will be able to build up the story of Lee and his wife, how Clem's group feel about her, and how it plays out when Clem finds one other person in the world who did love Lee (loved at one point at least).

You could even start the game with her cheating on Lee, and when Lee comes in and kills him, your first decision will be how to react to this.

For me this is the best option, Telltale could do something completely diffrent and I would be ok with it, but for me atleast this will be headcanon until Telltale shows me difrently.

Problem is, you're more or less playing as Lori. She's far from a popular character, and regardless of what Lee's wife do, she'll be shamed to submission just as Lori was.

Not to say that playing as Lee's wife is a bad idea, I'm open to the possibility, but from what I've seen from players and viewers reaction, murder is more forgivable than adultery these says, so it seems.

Add Comment