User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 199.6K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @RetroVortex said:
    EDIT: As for your idea Fawful. It may help to focus on the characters and their
    abilities themselves as the source for the puzzles, over the generic puzzle system.
    (Maybe even their personalities to an extent. Or even their relationships with each other and the world if you want to get really deep into puzzles. (I always liked the relationship system in Onimusha 2. How you interacted with the characters, the items that you traded with them in particular, eventually affected who you team up with, who you played as at certain points, and how their fates at the end of the game end up. Of course its imperfect. A lot of guesswork is needed if you didn't have a guide, and you could screw yourself over by trading stuff at the wrong time, but it is certainly an interesting idea that could be lifted and improved on))
    A little context sensitive shortcut here and there wouldn't hurt, as long as the meat is somewhere else.

(Ofcourse, take what I say with a grain of salt. I'm just a gamer in the end of the day, not a designer. (not yet anyway! *derp*))

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. The game switches from one character's story to a group of four, and characters are picked off over the course of the game.

• Hey, today this thread is pissing me off more than it usually does just by existing!

• i think i let my feelings about the topic get in the way of good objective points a bit, but thanks for looking for the objective points

• You know what? Fuck this war, I just want you dead!

• Hooray. There's going to be a TV show called Ravenswood. Now I can be sued.

• There's numerous towns called Ravenswood. I'd like to see them try.

• Damn it it's hard trying to decide which university would be best to go to. Annoyingly the best university out of the ones I've applied to for the course I want go on is the local one, Teesside. And that is still a very valid option. Then there are the three London ones which I've got offers for (and another one to hear back from).

I think the first thing I really need to find out is if I can simply afford to live in London.

• Apparently I'm really good at writing short fragments for erotic fanfics. I don't know if I should be proud or feel ashamed.

Meanwhile, I'm in the process of expanding several chapters of my novel, as I feel like they're rather short. Well, not short, but as I was reading the first chapter again to see if there were continuity errors, I noticed that things were really rushed. Now the first chapter isn't entirely finished yet, but I'm getting there.

• You should start writing smutty romance novels. Not a completely glamorous career, but hey. Pays the bills.

• Sure. How hard can it be to write emotionally manipulative smut?

This discussion has been closed.