430 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Who would get excited for these stupid big-budget Hollywood superhero productions. They're all the same. Oh no, big bad guy is super powerful. He does something personal to the hero. The hero is beaten badly. The hero must become more powerful and learn something about himself. He always wins in the end against insurmountable odds. Rinse and repeat. BORING.

• @Secret Fawful said: Who would get excited for these stupid big-budget Hollywood superhero productions. They're all the same. Oh no, big bad guy is super powerful. He does something personal to the hero. The hero is beaten badly. The hero must become more powerful and learn something about himself. He always wins in the end against insurmountable odds. Rinse and repeat. BORING.

Yeah, to hell with dem classic but well known tale that forms the basis of GENERAL LIGHTHEARTED FICTION that's supposed to provide you action and thoughtfulness if necessary through the arcs in the story more than the conclusion!

I forgot btw, could we use swear words here or...

• It's always typically very similar themes being provided in the same way....but I'm excited for the movie. I'm a big dumb idiot fanboy though. I kind of blame modern lighthearted fiction for me being unable to write deeper stories and characters.

• @Secret Fawful said: It's always typically very similar themes being provided in the same way....but I'm excited for the movie. I'm a big dumb idiot fanboy though. I kind of blame modern lighthearted fiction for me being unable to write deeper stories and characters.

We all want to write characters that triumph in the end, yeah. If anything most of us have the Mary Sue disease, with main characters representing us or some person we want to be or some fella we know, etc. You know what, as long as the story's tight, environment is immersive and the motivation naturally seeps to us it's okay to write the "same-ol". I do believe variety is hidden in the little details.

That being said hot diggidy darn dude Iron Man 3 looks prostitutin'

• @Alcoremortis said: Stark Night Rises FTW!

I'm sure it wont have that many plot holes.

• Well, I just watched the Avengers with the Rifftrax. It was enjoyable enough as a film, I suppose. Certainly glad I didn't see it in the theater though.

Best line of the Rifftrax went something like "Don't trust [Captain America], he's marked for Adultery!"

• I cannot say anything bad about the Avengers.

Well, I reserve the right to make fun of the helicarrier... but I also made fun of it in the comics, so it's not a movie specific thing.

Also, I find that my enjoyment of lighthearted fiction actually inspires me more to write darker stuff where the villains seem to always be one step ahead of the game, because I watch a lighthearted fiction and all I can think of is how it could have been made darker.

• @coolsome said: forgetting there ear peaces

As opposed to remembering ear wars that are there?

I'm going to have to watch the movie again to see how it is that they communicate. If ear PIECES are just THERE somewhere, but aren't THEIRs, they aren't the type of people to steal them.

Add Comment