User Avatar Image

Lee's WIFE as the PC?

posted by Robert Morgan on - last edited - Viewed by 367 users

This idea's been mentioned here before by someone else, and I thought I might as well post a thread about it.

The only particular problem with this scenario (as I see it) would be having Clementine somehow meet up with Lee's wife. Out of all the loose ends left over from season 1, Clem's story is the one most players want to see continued, and it would be a stretch for the two characters to run into each other, especially in the midst of a zombie apocalypse.

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I hate that idea, seems to contrived. Would rather be someone with absolutely no ties to known characters.

  • Lee's cheating wife as PC? What an awful idea! :D

  • Everything inside me says I should hate this idea.....


    ....yet I find it strangely... intriguing.

  • Didn't Dave Fennoy say that Lee killed his wife?

    I don't know, it would be a cool idea.

  • @Zeruis said: Didn't Dave Fennoy say that Lee killed his wife?

    I don't know, it would be a cool idea.

    Indeed he did. But I'm not sure if it was confirmed by TTG or not.

  • @Zeruis said: Didn't Dave Fennoy say that Lee killed his wife?

    I don't know, it would be a cool idea.

    I think he just misinterpreted it somewhat. Out of all the people I've seen, it is very common for them to think Lee killed his wife and not a senator when they first hear of it from Carley.

  • Well, THAT'S gotta be an awkward conversation between Clem and Lee's Wife. Gotta be awkward when Clem starts asking her why Lee killed the "Bad Man" and what he did.

  • If Lee's wife is alive then I think it would be an interesting direction (even if she arrives as a supporting character) and would expand a bit more on Lee's past, and it can be done without needlessly demonising him.

    My only worry is that it would be too hard to like her or cheer for her because of what she did, how she'd be compared to Lori, and how she'll never live it down as much as Lee did with his murder of the senator.

  • @RichWalk23 said: If Lee's wife is alive then I think it would be an interesting direction (even if she arrives as a supporting character) and would expand a bit more on Lee's past, and it can be done without needlessly demonising him.

    My only worry is that it would be too hard to like her or cheer for her because of what she did, how she'd be compared to Lori, and how she'll never live it down as much as Lee did with his murder of the senator.

    Really? People have an easier time forgiving murder than adultery? Actually, don't answer that, the truth would probably just depress me.

    If they were to use Lee's wife as the protagonist they could actually keep that fact a secret into late in the game. We know almost nothing about her from season one other than she was married to Lee, cheated on him, and traveled for work. Her name, race, appearance, demeanor, occupation are all pretty much blank. You can play her all game and somewhere towards the end it comes out she used to Mrs. Everett.

  • @Jaded X Gamer said: If they were to use Lee's wife as the protagonist they could actually keep that fact a secret into late in the game. We know almost nothing about her from season one other than she was married to Lee, cheated on him, and traveled for work. Her name, race, appearance, demeanor, occupation are all pretty much blank. You can play her all game and somewhere towards the end it comes out she used to Mrs. Everett.

    That would be the only way that they could make it work. It would be especially surprising if she were an "unusual" race. Black and white interracial is fairly common, I think black and hispanic is a little less common, and black and asian is pretty rare (at least where I live). So if we see a really cut throat asian chick, she might be someone we would expect the least to have been Mrs. Everett.
    Also, like you said, leaving it 'til the end would make it much more of a surprise. It would also allow us to get to like or hate her on our own without the bias of knowing that she was the woman who caused Lee to 'ruin' his life so to speak. :P

    But there still is the problem of having her and Clem meet up. I doubt Clem'll be traveling through several states on her own, and if she were with another group, I imagine she would be a little more guarded against new friends.
    Too, didn't Lee mention that his wife didn't want kids? What would change during the ZA that would make her want to care for a little kid?

Add Comment