User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 199.6K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@der_ketzer said: No but the probability of a game with actual gameplay seems to be enough to get some people back. Who knew.

You mean the Inventory sequel, right? The gameplay part still seems to be in limbo for that Wolf thing. :o

• Okay, what the actual hell, Guru. First you refuse to look into Evil Dead/Army of Darkness ever, then you go and watch an Army of Darkness style Oz movie by the director of Evil Dead/Army of Darkness.

Excuse me while I just

nln.gif

• Don't forget that Bruce Campbell had a cameo in Oz. :D

• @Alcoremortis said: And if you consider that in the movie, breaking a witch's power item takes away all their power, you can see that when he's asking Dorothy to bring the broom, his intention isn't to kill her, but to just make it so she can't hurt anyone anymore.

Except that I interpreted the broom thing more like Glinda's bubbles. It's not really tied to her power, it's just for show. She certainly didn't need it to start with, even after the transformation. I don't think we ever really saw what her actual power item was.

• @Chyron8472 said: No. :D

I was just trying to stop newcomers from getting the idea that they ought to look up that thread in search of fap materials.

Why limit it to just the newcomers? :p

@Chyron8472 said: Yeah, this is kinda the wrong place to ask this. Not because it's not the support forum, but because "Whatever's on Your Mind" is full of the older generation of fans, many of whom hang out here because it's comfortable, not because we are actively playing or discussing the games.

Personally, I haven't actually visited a thread dedicated to a game in almost a year.

Yeah, I for one haven't played any TTG since Sam&Max S3, and I only got that because of some offer to do with Monkey Island. This forum is like an old pair of shoes. It no longer really fits, but I've grown so used to it I can't bring myself to part company with it.

In this analogy, my fellow forumites are the squishy insole that make the shoe so much better. You also all smell of mouldy old cheese.

This discussion has been closed.