Menu
941 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I kind of want her to be one. GLaDOS and Sam are the only characters I actually know from all this, so I hope she gets a better role so I don't just shrug off what 75% of the cast are saying.
    EDIT:Wait so 2 of the players are called Brock and Ash? Well that is a Pokemon joke waiting to happen.

• Ellen McLain tweeted a link to The Key Party, so I guess that confirms she's voicing GLaDOS.

Not that there was any doubt, but still, confirmation is good.

• Now as long as she has actual dialogue beyond "The player has been busted out", then I'm sold!

• @Gman5852 said: EDIT:Wait so 2 of the players are called Brock and Ash? Well that is a Pokemon joke waiting to happen.

I still have ideas for a halloween costume that combines Ash from Pokemon and Ash from Evil Dead. I wish I had built it in time for Pax this year

• Based on what little I've looked up of this strange and mysterious Borderlands 2, Claptrap is a funny character. I don't get why everyone's claiming he's a Jar Jar Binks.

I'm unfamiliar with Venture Brothers, but what little I looked up shows Brock's going to be funny too.

Ash is Ash. I haven't actually seen the Evil Dead movies, but a lot of his things are meme-worthy. Everyone's heard "This is my BOOMSTICK!"

Sam is Sam. I've been looking forward to seeing him, though I was kinda hoping he could've played off someone like the Spy or Gabe or maybe Homestar.

GLADoS will be fun, but it's hard to say what she'll be doing there.

I wonder if GLADoS has them all locked into playing a poker game for her amusement, and when the players are busted out, they're exterminated by her turret guns. And then, if The Player wins, she's also exterminated because GLADoS doesn't feel like letting anyone walk away. It's all an experiment to her.

• @Kyronea said: Based on what little I've looked up of this strange and mysterious Borderlands 2, Claptrap is a funny character. I don't get why everyone's claiming he's a Jar Jar Binks.

He's... well, some people love him and some hate him. Hence the Jar Jar Binks comparison.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Gman5852 said: Now as long as she has actual dialogue beyond "The player has been busted out", then I'm sold!

Actually, her role is quite ideally picked. Losers will be eliminated.

• @Kyronea said: Based on what little I've looked up of this strange and mysterious Borderlands 2, Claptrap is a funny character. I don't get why everyone's claiming he's a Jar Jar Binks.

I'm unfamiliar with Venture Brothers, but what little I looked up shows Brock's going to be funny too.

Ash is Ash. I haven't actually seen the Evil Dead movies, but a lot of his things are meme-worthy. Everyone's heard "This is my BOOMSTICK!"

Now this guy gets it! What wisdom!
    It wouldn't matter which characters they picked anyway,
    someone out there would always complain about "They should have used
    this character from this franchise instead." There's just no pleasing some people.

• No. If they replaced Claptrap with Manny Calavera, nobody would complain.

Add Comment