941 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The difference though is I've never seen someone that likes claptrap beyond this forum. It seems so weird that this is the specific borderlands 2 character they picked when there are plenty of great borderlands 2 characters. Handsome Jack for example.

• That's great, they can not play the fracking game and do even better and never interact with me ever again. Don't want them anyway if they can honestly write something off because they dislike something as insignificant as a single character.

• @Gman5852 said: The difference though is I've never seen someone that likes claptrap beyond this forum. It seems so weird that this is the specific borderlands 2 character they picked when there are plenty of great borderlands 2 characters. Handsome Jack for example.

To be fair he is one of the only characters who would actually play poker...
    Handsome Jack is just a bit too crazy, the vault hunters are a bit too 'boring' as characters and the only other characters around really are Moxxi, Tina and Scooter and Claptrap fits the more cartoony feel and probably will have some good dialogue with GLaDOS

• Tina would have been awesome...

• @Hudomonkey said: To be fair he is one of the only characters who would actually play poker...
    Handsome Jack is just a bit too crazy, the vault hunters are a bit too 'boring' as characters and the only other characters around really are Moxxi, Tina and Scooter and Claptrap fits the more cartoony feel and probably will have some good dialogue with GLaDOS

Yeah I do admit Claptrap will probably be funny with GLaDOS, but Handsome Jack too crazy? The last poker game starred a genetically deformed guy that looks like a wrestler, a crazy killing machine, and a guy with a giraffe fetish.

• @Gman5852 said: The difference though is I've never seen someone that likes claptrap beyond this forum. It seems so weird that this is the specific borderlands 2 character they picked when there are plenty of great borderlands 2 characters. Handsome Jack for example.

Claptrap is arguably the best-known Borderlands character (even if it is for the wrong reasons). If you had to pick someone to represent the series, he'd end up being the guy who sticks out the most.

Didn't he win the fan-voted Character of the Year category at the VGAs? He can't be that unpopular.

• User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator

Not that I'm complaining, but with this game we have two robots, two Bad-asses, and Sam. Poker Night 1's characters not only made sense together, but also were more diverse. Pardon the poker pun, but I think Telltale should have gone all in and use either all niche characters or all mainstream characters.

• @thesporkman said: Didn't he win the fan-voted Character of the Year category at the VGAs? He can't be that unpopular.

To be fair, his chosen competition was shit.

• Honestly, I think the Claptrap we're getting isn't Borderlands 2 Claptrap.

I think we're getting this Claptrap:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dd13yOnwwE

...That reminds me: I better see Steve in the background at some point.

Add Comment