User Avatar Image

The Kickstarter thread

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 13.6K users

Since there's probably going to be a fair few Kickstarter projects that aren't done by Tim Schafer, I thought it might be nice to start a separate thread for all the little games on Kickstarter that don't get as much exposure.

For example: Feeble's Fable: The Legend of Runes by Atomic Chimp Games. Another point-and-click adventure game, but this one is going for more of a cute and charming feel. It definitely looks interesting, though they've nowhere near the backing they need. :(

And another: Americana Dawn by one guy, Max K. Lambert. It's a freeware retro-styled RPG about the French & Indian War and the American War for Independence. Kickstarter page is a little bare (he doesn't actually say what he needs the money for, for one), but it looks like an awesome game.

So let's see what other Kickstarter projects you think is worth shining a little light on!

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Salutations, good people of Telltale Games!! You bunch look like the kind of people that do enjoy some good quality comic books and graphic novels. Well if you do, then you may very well be intrigued in this little venture...

I'm a member of Zenpop Indie Comics - an Irish independent publisher and collaborative group of original comics and webcomics.

And we have a dream.

A dream... to make the most bitchin' technicolored anthology of 11 (YES, ELEVEN!) original comics from some of Ireland's up-and-coming comic artists (including myself! :'D)

This anthology is titled Chroma - and each story will be illustrated in a chosen hue of the colour spectrum.

Below is a sample page of the story I'm working for the anthology: a magenta hued story titled Das My Bai.

tumblr_mjx4xzMFkE1qhh31vo1_1280.jpg

And some concepts:

tumblr_mk85c073Xd1qhh31vo1_1280.pngtumblr_mk85c073Xd1qhh31vo2_1280.jpg

But of course... this is where we need your help. We have 20 days left to reach our goal of £5,000, and we are not even at £1,000 yet.

The gifts you'll receive for donating are something else really: £5 gets you a mention in the book whilst £10 gets you an actual copy of the printed book.

And it gets better: t-shirts, posters, key-chains... and even a chance to get a 20 comic drawn about you by any of the artists of Chroma of your choice!! Seriously, man. I so would.

If you forumites could even just spread the word about this campaign, I would be eternally grateful.

SO LO AND BEHOLD, THE KICKSTARTER PAGE ITSELF (it even has a sweet video showcasing our work and all the information you need)

You can also simply donate to the campaign too via paypal.

For more information, artist bios, more concept work and sneak previews, check out the campaign elsewhere:
    [LIST]
    [*]Facebook
    [*]Chroma Comic
    [/LIST]

Honourable mentions:
    [LIST]
    [*]Irish Comic News
    [*]Ladies Making Comics
    [/LIST]

Thank you for reading!!

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Johro said: Alice Cooper on Kickstarter?

Apparently so.

Yeah. I wish I had enough money to play golf like Alice Cooper apparently has. I don't understand why I should essentially give him MORE money. :confused:

• Well, that's why he still HAS money. On board with the project, but not so much to fully fund it. I've heard many interviews with the man and there is a whole lot of "I'd be really cool if...", "I'd really love to..." and "if someone were to..." going on. Just not so much willing to throw everything he's earned to do it.

• Oh hey, remember that Kickstarter for a Star Trek web series? The one that got funded?

Yeah, they're taking donations for props now.

I'm rapidly beginning to regret backing this now.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Darth Marsden said: I'm rapidly beginning to regret backing this now.

You should have started immediately after funding. Why would one want to put the Star Trek franchise into the hands of entirely uninventive fans?

• ...because I liked Of Gods and Men?

Besides, it's not the entire Star Trek franchise. It's just an off-shoot that can easily be ignored if you should so choose. It's not like they're making a massive Hollywood blockbuster or anything.

• @Darth Marsden said: ...because I liked Of Gods and Men

I didn't care much for it. For one thing, the Enterprise having the "M" nomenclature this early in time was unexplained. And the only way I knew it wasn't supposed to be the Prime universe was because of the rapidly mounting number of things that made no sense; as opposed to the official 2009 film where it was immediately apparent that the timeline was supposed to be different.

I have said, after watching various fan edits, that the best thing a fan made product can do is to appear as though it's not fan made. I can not say that about "Of Gods and Men."

• Eh, I'm a casual fan of the series - I'm not particularly hung up on the fine details like M nomenclatures and whatnot. As long as it feels Star Trek-ish, I'll be relatively satisfied.

If you backed that Jane Jenson Pinkerton Road Studio thing, then check your Kickstarter messages, 'cause she's shared the first playable Alpha of the eternally misspelt Moebius (it's the e that throws me off).

• Only 60+ hours to go and $100,000 more in funding before Richard Garriott agrees to be interviewed by Spoony.

Add Comment