User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 168.8K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @St_Eddie said: Well, I'm back on t' Internet for the next week or so. I wonder what that could mean...

joehmm.jpgHmm...

Yay!

• @St_Eddie said: Well, I'm back on t' Internet for the next week or so. I wonder what that could mean...

joehmm.jpgHmm...

Woo! It's like a Telltale family reunion!

Welcome back, sir.

• @WarpSpeed said: You're a character in Poker Night 2?

I've signed a NDA*, so I can't possibly comment.

* NDA stands for 'none dependable association'.

@WarpSpeed said: Yay!

The man from the Internet; he say "yay"!

@WarpSpeed said: Woo! It's like a Telltale family reunion!

Welcome back, sir.

Why, thank you kindly. 'Tis an absolute pleasure to be back for a brief while.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@WarpSpeed said: [QUOTE=St_Eddie;782287]Well, I'm back on t' Internet for the next week or so. I wonder what that could mean...

You're a character in Poker Night 2?[/QUOTE]

Don't get puzzlebox' hopes up there. :)

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@St_Eddie said: Well, I'm back on t' Internet for the next week or so. I wonder what that could mean...

Hooray! Hello!

• And my PS3 died. Fantastic.

Anyone know if Sony still accepts repairs for the old units?

• @puzzlebox said: Hooray! Hello!

Howdy, you wonderful box o' puzzles, you.

• @Gman5852 said: And my PS3 died. Fantastic.

Anyone know if Sony still accepts repairs for the old units?

https://rma.scea.com/rma/rma.htm

I dunno how much they charge. Perhaps you should look into whether there are local repair shops who will charge less and/or take less time.

• @puzzlebox said: Hooray! Hello!

O Frabjous Day! Calloo, Callay!

• @puzzlebox said: Sex doesn't exist in Disney movies! I'm sure that beneath their underthings they're all like Ken and Barbie dolls.

See, that's where I am on the issue of JK Rowling telling someone that Dumbledore is gay.

Now, I mean no offense to gay people when I say this, but Harry Potter is a children's/family story, and while there is romance between characters, sex itself in no way enters into the reader's mind while reading it. The very nature of singling a character out for their sexual orientation, when the story makes no mention of it whatsoever, and when it in no way changes the character's motives in the story, is ludicrous and nothing more than pandering to the gay community.

Again, this isn't a bash on gays; this is my complaint about injecting the topic of sex (gay sex in this instance) where to do so makes no benefit whatsoever to the story and also doesn't fit considering the sensitivity and mature nature of raising such a topic when the target audience is supposed to be kids.

It's like discussing racial equality with regard to the story by saying Lavender Brown is supposed to be black or something, when who the hell cares and what difference does it make to even bring it up?

EDIT: I'm not saying that someone being gay bothers me. I'm saying that my opinion on difference in race is "Who cares? You're a person same as me so it doesn't matter." And for me it's the same with being gay: If someone is black, then they are. Big deal. Who cares. Why mention it? If someone is gay, then they are. Big deal. Who cares. Why mention it?

I'm just sick of people injecting the topic into a discussion where it's not warranted, necessary, nor applicable--merely pandering.

This discussion has been closed.