User Avatar Image

Do you need...

posted by marioluigi344 on - last edited - Viewed by 138 users

To drop Ben in EP. 4 for Kenny to give you that speech about you always being there for him when you ask him to come with you?

9 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @marioluigi344 said: To drop Ben in EP. 4 for Kenny to give you that speech about you always being there for him when you ask him to come with you?

No. Usually sticking up for Duck in the drugstore and helping bash Larry's brains out is enough.

• @Jaded X Gamer said: No. Usually sticking up for Duck in the drugstore and helping bash Larry's brains out is enough.

Usually yeah, but I did that before but also never agreed with his boat plan, and never told him my past cause I had Doug. Fighting him on the train didn't help either I guess :o

• @Yertos said: Usually yeah, but I did that before but also never agreed with his boat plan, and never told him my past cause I had Doug. Fighting him on the train didn't help either I guess :o

Did you save Duck on the farm or feed him? Those seem to weigh in as well.

EDIT: Forgot about shooting Duck like AnnaSan said. That definitely seems to help. He even thanks you on the hospital roof if you did that.

• I only got the bro speech on my pro-Kenny playthrough(agreed with him through everything), and I had to tell him that Clementine is my family for him to go with me on my other playthrough. =.=
    But you don't necessarily have to drop Ben in ep4 to get the bro speech, as long as you agree with him with most of the things(killing Larry and saving/killing Duck is one of the most important ones).

• Duck over Shawn
    Smash Larry's head in
    Tell him your past
    Calm him down on the train
    Shoot Duck

Most important, not sure which or how many you can miss but if you do this at least, he'll give you the speech. Killing Ben isn't needed, but I do believe siding with him to kill Larry is for sure since this is the decision that really tells him if your on his side or not.

• You have to kill Larry and stand up for Duck, I believe. The rest is just a tally. It's possible to save Ben and get the bro speech if you

Save Duck at the farm
    Stick up for Duck in the pharmacy*
    Kill Larry*
    Take the food
    Leave the girl
    Leave Lilly
    Talk him down
    Shoot Duck
    Kill the boy

The ones with the (*) by them are things you HAVE to do. You can go against him twice, so long as it's not one of those, and get the bro speech. any more than that and you have to pull the family line.

• @Rock114 said: You have to kill Larry and stand up for Duck, I believe. The rest is just a tally. It's possible to save Ben and get the bro speech if you

Save Duck at the farm
    Stick up for Duck in the pharmacy*
    Kill Larry*
    Take the food
    Leave the girl
    Leave Lilly
    Talk him down
    Shoot Duck
    Kill the boy

The ones with the (*) by them are things you HAVE to do. You can go against him twice, so long as it's not one of those, and get the bro speech. any more than that and you have to pull the family line.

Thanks, very helpful.

• The most stuped and cliches moment in game I guess.
    "Let me go... save Clem and yourself..bla bla bla"
    " Oh..c'mon, shut up already, and give me hand".

Can't believe that they could not make this moment more interesting.

• @zev_zev said: The most stuped and cliches moment in game I guess.
    "Let me go... save Clem and yourself..bla bla bla"
    " Oh..c'mon, shut up already, and give me hand".

Can't believe that they could not make this moment more interesting.

I think that was the point. It fits in with Ben's Character. He wanted to be a hero, and the only way he could think of being one which he could achieve with his set of skills, was to sacrifice himself. But, Ben being Ben, it was a stupid place to 'sacrifice' himself and would have solved nothing. Ben was the one spouting the cliché'd shit, and Lee was visibly annoyed by it.

Add Comment