User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 27.3K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Castle Crashers (PS3) and Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (PC).

Yeah, yeah, hardly a modern gamer. Shush.

• Finally started Hitman Absolution and spent the whole day (~7 hours) with the Prologue and the first mission. Wonderful game.

• I'm about to start Bioshock Infinite, courtesy of Icedhope. Thanks for the game, buddy!

• Tried a bit of Dead Space 3 and am in no hurry to return to it. Ugh... so generic now.

Also tried to play Duke 3D Megaton Edition, but it keeps crashing to the desktop :(

So it's back to Lego Lord of the Rings.

• Duke Nukem Forever. It's... eh, but at least it doesn't crash on me all the time like Duke 3D Megaton.

Oh, and fun fact - when it crashes, Megaton also undoes any save games I might have made. So If I get to level 3, save, and then the game crashes, that save's gone and I have to start over.

No thank you.

Also, I pressed F10 instead of F12, so I can't add this to my Steam Screenshots. So I'll put it here:

DNFPinball_zpsa1e0104b.png

This took me 25 minutes and much frustration. I hate pinball. Why'd they made it an achievement to score 1 million [/Little finger] points? That's just evil of them.

• The demo for Injustice: Gods Among Us.

• @Darth Marsden said: Duke Nukem Forever. It's... eh, but at least it doesn't crash on me all the time like Duke 3D Megaton.

Oh, and fun fact - when it crashes, Megaton also undoes any save games I might have made. So If I get to level 3, save, and then the game crashes, that save's gone and I have to start over.

No thank you.

Also, I pressed F10 instead of F12, so I can't add this to my Steam Screenshots. So I'll put it here:

DNFPinball_zpsa1e0104b.png

This took me 25 minutes and much frustration. I hate pinball. Why'd they made it an achievement to score 1 million [/Little finger] points? That's just evil of them.

You're the Brit dodo that kept playing it.

• @Secret Fawful said: You're the Brit dodo that kept playing it.

And I did it again just so I could get an image up on Steam. I am a sadist.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I just played through the SCI remake of King's Quest 1. I've never actually played through this one before (I've started playing quite a few times, but the only one I've ever completed [until now] was the AGI version). Although a lot of the annoyances from the AGI are still here (like the annoying vine climbing part where you have to move inch by inch like so many stairs and cliffs in Sierra's early games), I think I actually like this one better than the original.

• I am playing through Bioshock 1 just to compare it to Bioshock infinite

They both are pretty good but Bioshock is a lot longer and has a lot more customisation and freedom but Bioshock infinite has better controls and is a bit more polished.

They are both very good

Add Comment