User Avatar Image

Give us an Alternative Ending where Lee lives

posted by Halloweenpants on - last edited - Viewed by 505 users

Why is this important to me. If Lee doesn't get bitten, we open season 2 with Clem & Lee sitting on the stump. She is getting older now and truly thinks of Lee as a father to her now. Things are only going to get worse in season 2 but it would be cool to watch the 2 of them rely on each other to get by. I like the idea of those 2 characters continuing to evolve as well as choices being made in the 2nd season that could lead to one, both, or neither of them dying in season 2. Just knowing if I screw up in season 2 it could lead to the demise of Clem or my beloved Lee, would make each moment, each decision, that more intense.

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So, if u like the ending it is now. There could be an alternative where game is based on your choices, then u can let your Lee die the way it is now...

  • In my non-biased poll I left an option where things would still play out the same or he may survive. Remember this is all opinion based and I put my feelings on the game as I would like to see it. I certainly understand why some of you feel the way it ended was spot on. A part of me liked that aspect, however another part of me wants to know what if it played out where Lee's story continued. My favorite part of the experience was playing as Lee, so naturally I would like the option of continuing to do so. Personally this was the best game I've played in a long time. I want to explore all options with it. I understand in some people's minds Lee had to die, I don't see it that way, but that's just me. I'm not looking for a fairy tale ending, in a zombie apocalypse driven world can there really be fairy tale endings? I don't think so. But I do think it's be awesome to okay as Lee some more because again for me that was the best part.

  • No.

    I am glad that the writers on this have balls, and are not afraid of killing characters. I was actually afraid this game was gonna pull a massive cliche moment, where you find Clementines parents in Savana, and they would all live happily ever after, or they all sailed away on some Boat.

    It is easy to get attached to characters, especially if you created them. I love that whoever wrote the story, didnt forget that The Walking Dead TV-Show is essentially all about the shock factor, with characters suddenly being ripped away from you, with no build-up.

  • I was really pleased Clem's parents were Zombies, that was awesome.

  • @anderswhk said: No.

    I am glad that the writers on this have balls, and are not afraid of killing characters. I was actually afraid this game was gonna pull a massive cliche moment, where you find Clementines parents in Savana, and they would all live happily ever after, or they all sailed away on some Boat.

    It is easy to get attached to characters, especially if you created them. I love that whoever wrote the story, didnt forget that The Walking Dead TV-Show is essentially all about the shock factor, with characters suddenly being ripped away from you, with no build-up.

    The game is based off of the comics, not the TV show.

  • The ending is fine the way it is. Lee deserved better than he got, but then again, so did everyone else. I feel that they handled Lee's death very well, and that he should stay dead. His story is over. He has his redemption. I think it will be interesting to see what happens to Clem without Lee. She'll have to grow up fast, yeah, but she'll always remember what Lee taught her. If you want to see Lee again, just look at Clem. He'll be a part of her for the rest of her life.

  • @Riadon said: The game is based off of the comics, not the TV show.


    I know that, but it still has the same tone and overall atmosphere.

    ie. more of the same.

  • @anderswhk said: I know that, but it still has the same tone and overall atmosphere.

    ie. more of the same.

    @anderswhk said: I love that whoever wrote the story, didnt forget that The Walking Dead TV-Show is essentially all about the shock factor, with characters suddenly being ripped away from you, with no build-up.

    You implied that the writers looked to the TV-Show for inspiration, when in reality, the game is based off of the themes and universe of the comics. The TV-Series and the comics differ in many ways, the game being a lot closer to the comic than the TV-Show. The game has nothing to do with the TV show, and good thing, because the TV show has some terrible writing at times.

  • @Riadon said: You implied that the writers looked to the TV-Show for inspiration, when in reality, the game is based off of the themes and universe of the comics. The TV-Series and the comics differ in many ways, the game being a lot closer to the comic than the TV-Show. The game has nothing to do with the TV show, and good thing, because the TV show has some terrible writing at times.

    Pretty naive to think the TV-Show has no influence on the game itself. You don't think the developers recognize that the vast majority of players have watched the TV-Show, and not read the comic?

    @Riadon said: The game has nothing to do with the TV show

    So that's why they are gonna bring more characters from the TV-Show, over to the second season of the game? I am not sure which characters they are talking about, which are only in the TV-Series, as i have not read the comics yet, but i plan to.

  • @anderswhk said: Pretty naive to think the TV-Show has no influence on the game itself. You don't think the developers recognize that the vast majority of players have watched the TV-Show, and not read the comic?

    It doesn't matter whether or not the player has seen the TV show. The themes of the game more closely match the comic, and there are no TV-exclusive characters in the game. Obviously the TV show influenced the game's creation, as the Walking Dead franchise's popularity is at an all-time high, but nothing is directly taken FROM the show.

    @anderswhk said: So that's why they are gonna bring more characters from the TV-Show, over to the second season of the game? I am not sure which characters they are talking about, which are only in the TV-Series, as i have not read the comics yet, but i plan to.

    "The team is looking at ways to allow the community to stay connected with one another during and between episodes. There's also talk of perhaps tying the game, or at least the game's characters, in closer with the show."

    That has nothing to do with season 1 of the game, and many on this forum (including myself) are opposed to such a thing. There is nothing official about that statement, either, it is just a possibility. Obviously, Telltale wants to increase the popularity of the game by tying it into the TV series, but it would be detrimental to the game's overall quality.

    Also, Telltale has a license to create games based off of the comic, not the TV show. They legally cannot include TV-exclusive characters.

Add Comment