User Avatar Image

If The stranger different

posted by hjwoolwine on - last edited - Viewed by 446 users

Whats up everybody.
If the stranger was more "together" or "normal"...not a psychopath who talked to a walker head in a bowling ball bag, would you have considered Clementine going with him an option?
I personally wouldn't have. F that dude and his self righteous attitude.
His kind of character is my problem with the show. (i haven't seen the show sense the season 2 break so maybe its different) Everyone talks like they have had it the worst. Like no one else has lost people. Everyone in the show( i.e. Rick) kept saying how they've had to do terrible things, and see terrible things to survive. Everyone that was still alive has seen messed up stuff. Everyone has to be more careful and more on their guard.
That's why you don't leave all your food out in the open, in a car that's wide open, with the lights on. He was blaming Lee and others for what had happened to him instead of taking responsibility and trying to make things better. Just trying to hold on to the past by stealing a little girl and recreating his family.
Any way I wanted to know what other thought? should Lee have always protected and stayed with Clem no matter what or was she better off with others?
sorry for spelling and grammar.

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • People have different breaking points - that is one way of looking at the stranger - he might have snapped earlier than others and later than even more people for all we know. Rick is not really a good example since he is a dumbdonkey...

That said, letting Clem go with him is simply not an option. If the stranger had been the one to find her, then it would have been a completely different story - Lee found her and took care of her to the best of his abilities. You have to work with what is, not what could have been. The question is moot.

• i don't think so,i take great pleasure in saying 'Yes' he is a monster on all my playthroughs LOL and saying he 'fucked up' haha,i wouldn't even trust the stranger to make toast properly so he gets no Clem :D

• The stranger couldn't even take care of his own kid, i sure as hell wouldn't trust him with another one.

• Imo, campman's stupidity exceeds Ben's. I mean what person with a functional brain, would leave his son alone in a ZA just to learn hunting and then leave his stuff and his car in the WIDE open while starving people are roaming all around for foud and safety?! Well, Einstein seems to be right. Human stupidity is indeed infinite.

• @Sotter said: Imo, campman's stupidity exceeds Ben's. I mean what person with a functional brain, would leave his son alone in a ZA just to learn hunting and then leave his stuff and his car in the WIDE open while starving people are roaming all around for foud and safety?! Well, Einstein seems to be right. Human stupidity is indeed infinite.

I think Ben still reigns supreme in unintelligence. The stranger is at least smart enough to survive completely by himself, Ben probably wouldn't last 10 minutes. It takes more than just luck to live when it's just you...

• @Mornai said: I think Ben still reigns supreme in unintelligence. The stranger is at least smart enough to survive completely by himself, Ben probably wouldn't last 10 minutes. It takes more than just luck to live when it's just you...

Eh, I guess you win. Still, stranger was quite a moron.

• The Stranger wasn't stable and if he though taking her to the MOST DANGEROUS PART OF THE CITY was a good idea...
    He told me off for taking her to Crawford when I think he put her in more danger at the Marsh House especially with Clem's parents nearby...
    No he is a hypocrite and unstable and can't even look after his own family
    He calls Lee a Monster for stupid things such as- lying, letting Clem eat human, and Crawford when he puts Clem in a lot more danger with- The Marsh House, zombie head and locking her in a cupboard.
    He only sees other people's mistakes and can't see his own

• If the stranger was "normal", then he wouldn't have been any different than Vernon. Most players didn't want to give Clem up to Vernon, and I think it would be the same if the stranger was not a psychopath.

• @Zeruis said: If the stranger was "normal", then he wouldn't have been any different than Vernon. Most players didn't want to give Clem up to Vernon, and I think it would be the same if the stranger was not a psychopath.

Some people think giving Clem to Vernon is the "good" choice, and refusing is just being selfish. But the truth is, giving her to Vernon would be a death sentence. We need to look at long-term, not short-term, in which case it becomes clear that leaving her with Vernon(regardless of whether you liked him or not) is a terrible decision.

I imagine it would be the exact same for the stranger(if he was normal), but even worse since he is completely by himself and doesn't even have a safe zone.

• She and i can be a family... i know how to be a father.
    Says the guy who locks up kids in a closet.

Add Comment