User Avatar Image

Who do you think was the most/least helpful group member?

posted by ZeroShoot on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

hey i'm just curious what you think about which group member was the most/least helpful.

I think Carley (if you chose her) was the most helpful member, since she saved my ass almost half a dozen times. Clem was helpful too, because she got us into some buildings like the Mansion or to the blowtorch in the station, and depending on your choices protected Omid or maybe even saved Molly.

I think Ben was the least helpful member of the group, because depending on who you blame for whose death he caused quite some. i partly blame him for 7 deaths, don't guess anyone could beat that :D

91 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • For most helpful it's a toss up between Lee, Carley, Kenny, and Lilly.

Least helpful goes to either Ben, Larry, or Duck.

• Kenny was defiantly the most helpful
    The guy just never gave up and no was never an answer in his books
    He always kept going

• Actually he kinda gives up. Kenny died/got split from the group trying to save Ben when he was dying, couldn't be saved, and walkers were closing in.

• @Mark$man said: Actually he kinda gives up. Kenny died/got split from the group trying to save Ben when he was dying, couldn't be saved, and walkers were closing in.

It wasn't giving up, he fought to the very end. If he gave up, he would have lay down on the ground and let the walkers devour him.

I think both scenes are symbolic of Kenny turning over a new leaf, so to speak. Showing that he's finally willing to risk everything, even his life, for more than just his family.

• He was willing before as well, I love Kenny, and he was one of my favorites, third to Clem and Lee. I'm saying that Kenny basically did sacrifice himself. He (in a sense) threw his life away to either save a kid with a rail through his stomach with walkers coming from both sides or to obtain a walkie talkie in a building covered with walkers(LEE LEFT IT IN THE HOTEL!). I just feel it was an unnecessary death(attempt at death). I wouldn't say he was laying down and accepting his fate, but to mess with his life like that was kinda foolish. He also made his own mistakes. I personally say Carley and Lee were the two characters that basically did nothing but good for the group, and Kenny(maybe Lilly) not far behind.

Least helpful = Ben and Larry, although Larry was much more useful.

• @Mornai said:
    I think both scenes are symbolic of Kenny turning over a new leaf, so to speak. Showing that he's finally willing to risk everything, even his life, for more than just his family.

I agree to that. I do hope it isn't the last we've seen of Kenny(alive of course).

• As for the least useful the answer is too simple: Ben mcDork. As for the most useful well, that's quite hard. Excluding all potentially useful/harmful characters, we are left with Molly, Charles & No-legs. So, I guess that Chuck> No-legs > parkour action Marie.
    Why? Chuck was a hobo version of gandalf in a ZA (he even had a staff!). Mark was a loyal soldier even as a zombie. Well, Molly was neat but i would hate her had I stuck with her for months.

• @Mark$man said: He was willing before as well, I love Kenny, and he was one of my favorites, third to Clem and Lee. I'm saying that Kenny basically did sacrifice himself. He (in a sense) threw his life away to either save a kid with a rail through his stomach with walkers coming from both sides or to obtain a walkie talkie in a building covered with walkers(LEE LEFT IT IN THE HOTEL!). I just feel it was an unnecessary death(attempt at death). I wouldn't say he was laying down and accepting his fate, but to mess with his life like that was kinda foolish. He also made his own mistakes. I personally say Carley and Lee were the two characters that basically did nothing but good for the group, and Kenny(maybe Lilly) not far behind.

Least helpful = Ben and Larry, although Larry was much more useful.

Agreed, but sacrifice is different than giving up.

Regarding his family, Kenny would never do something like that for Christa or Ben if he still had Katjaa or Duck with him, because he puts them above everyone else(he mentions Katjaa being angry with him about not caring enough about the rest of the group in ep 5). Since he doesn't need to protect them anymore, he's free to take risks that he wouldn't before(because they would put him/his family in danger).

Definitely agreed on Lee and Carley. Every bullet Carley ever fired always hit its target in the head, spot on accuracy. I think she purposefully avoided killing Andy with that shot, since she didn't fully understand what was happening. Other than that, complete dead-eye.

Lee goes without question, i personally think it's cheating to pick him. :p

• ^maybe... lol and I think Carley mean't to kill Andy, but missed(sorta). That is why if you look at her face, she's so shocked xD. My thinking of it is "Oh, shit! Oops..."

Add Comment