1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • First Person Adventure? NOOO! I was on board until then!

• Hear that? That's the sound of another publisher bundle making its way to GOG this weekend. Sorry, I got lost in the nostalgia of publisher bundles, that got lost under the sea of endless strategy bundles. Anyway, this week gives us 60% off TopWare titles, including Jack Orlando, Jagged Alliance 2, the Earth 2100 titles and Two Worlds. Anyone know if Two Worlds is worth the 4 bucks?

Here's This Week on GOG for a recap and new game clue. Your clue is "adventure and strategy in the barren north". And it's a classic release, so it's probably not King's Bounty, as a helpful Youtube commenter points out.

• @Gibbeynator said: Anyone know if Two Worlds is worth the 4 bucks?

I tried the demo. Based on that, I'd say no.

• Introducing the RetroMator 4000, a new program by the fine folks at GOG that converts modern games into retro-fied versions of themselves, or even super retro text-adventures! Do you think Alan Wake would be more enjoyable as a retro, 16-bit shooter with no rebounding health and unlimited weapon slots? RetroMator has you covered! But hurry up, this service is likely going to disappear tomorrow!

Oh, and get ready for a contest, as GOG celebrates 11,111 subscribers on Youtube by giving away 111 free games to them. You have until next monday to subscribe and be entered to win.

Oh, and I think the Classic Gem Promo this week is supposed to be Spellforce: Platinum.

• I knew waiting until later in the day to update would pay off. Check out Signal Ops, a recently released indie game where you control a squad of secret agents, and control them all from a first person perspective. It's $11.99 for the first week of sale. But maybe if you want something classic-ish, you can check out Culture's 3+4, which seems to be the hinted at game, for only $9.99.

• Woah, I am LATE on the update today. Well, for the next few hours, you can get Strike Suit Zero for 40% off. Also, until the 8th, you can get half off Omerta: City of Gangsters, and it comes with a free copy of The Con Artist DLC which caused so much of an uproar when it launched.

• Sorry for not updating yesterday, but really, it doesn't look like anyone noticed. Releases were Evoland, the charming little "Final Fantasy through-the-ages" game, for the launch price of $8.99. Also, check out The Cat Lady, a point-and-click adventure where you are a crazy cat lady that must cleanse the city of evil, for the launch price of $7.49.

The weekend deal features the return of the D&D stacking promo. Buy more games, get more off, up to 80%. Really, the only difference between this and others is that this time, they're offering Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete in the bundle, which is a much more reasonable four dollars if you've got all the rest of the games. Which I do because of a previous D&D bundle.

Here's This Week on GOG for your news recap and next week clue. It's "egoism and hubris as you work against your collective."

• Ah, but what happens if you only want the two Neverwinter Nights games? Then you barely get any real discount at all. Never liked these 'discount stacking' deals, especially when the amount you can save varies by SO MUCH.

• @Darth Marsden said: Ah, but what happens if you only want the two Neverwinter Nights games? Then you barely get any real discount at all. Never liked these 'discount stacking' deals, especially when the amount you can save varies by SO MUCH.

You still get 45% off, which is still a pretty good deal.

• @Darth Marsden said: Ah, but what happens if you only want the two Neverwinter Nights games?

I don't see the problem.

RuQhZmX.png?2

Add Comment