941 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Omaha could get quite complicated and interesting if we play no-limit high-low. PLO looks pretty damn scary and a one-way ticket to losing an entire game with one hand if you're bold enough.

• User Avatar Image
    HoboStew Telltale Staff

@tbm1986 said: Omaha could get quite complicated and interesting if we play no-limit high-low. PLO looks pretty damn scary and a one-way ticket to losing an entire game with one hand if you're bold enough.

We aren't doing high-low, much to the dismay of at least one telltale employee. It is no-limit Omaha (high only), which admittedly is a somewhat unorthodox flavor but I feel that it plays pretty well.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@RAnthonyMahan said: Since apparently you guys are answering questions, any chance you can say anything about Ash's voice actor?

Watching the trailer again, I'm not entirely convinced it isn't Bruce Campbell. It could be him with the pitch of his voice raised so that he sounds younger, like Telltale did with Claudia Wells in Back to the Future: The Game.

• Very, very cool. I'd love to know who's on the team for this one. Sean & Jake again? I believe they did the first Poker Night at least, but perhaps they're too busy going to award ceremonies these days.

Also: sounds like you got the real Brock! Effing awesome!

• Can you tell us anything about the price yet, or is that still kinda up in the air like the release date?

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Tjibbbe said: Very, very cool. I'd love to know who's on the team for this one. Sean & Jake again? I believe they did the first Poker Night at least, but perhaps they're too busy going to award ceremonies these days.

Also: sounds like you got the real Brock! Effing awesome!

I'm pretty sure Mike "I always have some kind of middle name" Stemmle wrote the dialogue for this one.

@Tjibbbe said: Can you tell us anything about the price yet, or is that still kinda up in the air like the release date?

Those details are yet to be announced.

• As much as I want Bruce Campbell in the game, I'll live with the sound-alike - However, the curious-ness-ness in me wonders how TTG seemingly was able to get Patrick Warburton (who I imagine would command a much higher pay day than BC) but not Bruce?

• I so want to key party with sam and max.

• If you guys are keen to share this sort of stuff, I'd be interested to know how much iteration the selection of characters went through, and whether there are any interesting ones that didn't make it.

Was any of the writing done by/shared with the original IP creators, and has working with non-game stuff (so far as I'm aware, there haven't been Venture Brothers or Evil Dead games) proved to be any different from dealing with licenced game IP for Poker Night?

I'm also curious to know if Max will be the only non-player (ho ho ho) character aside from GLaDOS who speaks. I'm sure everybody's noticed the bartender (who I'm told is from Borderlands?) and the turrets.

• @Cheeseness said: If you guys are keen to share this sort of stuff, I'd be interested to know how much iteration the selection of characters went through, and whether there are any interesting ones that didn't make it.

Was any of the writing done by/shared with the original IP creators, and has working with non-game stuff (so far as I'm aware, there haven't been Venture Brothers or Evil Dead games) proved to be any different from dealing with licenced game IP for Poker Night?

I'm also curious to know if Max will be the only non-player (ho ho ho) character aside from GLaDOS who speaks. I'm sure everybody's noticed the bartender (who I'm told is from Borderlands?) and the turrets.

There have been a few Evil Dead games, but none for Venture Brothers.

Add Comment