User Avatar Image

TWD TV - That Season 3 ending...

posted by Phil_TWD on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

I honestly was expecting the governor (Philip) to be killed but nope, Andrea, that kid, the crew who was with him pretty much were all dead because of him or his actions.

It was unsatisfying and this is Andrea's fault mainly, because if she had slit his throat while he was asleep only he would have died.

Oh yeah, since they were awaiting them at the prison they could've locked them down and shot them all like a bunch of walkers, and/or throw grenades to blow them up if they had any left.

100 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm hoping the governor just got in that truck and drove to a different state. I've had enough of him on this show already.

• Shit, really shit. Because TV series is no longer on the motives of the comic strip

• @zev_zev said: Shit, really shit. Because TV series is no longer on the motives of the comic strip

I thought that it was mediocre from the beginning. The comic is much better, Telltale's writing is much better, and shows like Breaking Bad, The Wire, and Game Of Thrones shit all over it.

• I was expecting a bit more as well, but it still was an okay ending to the season. now we gotta wait til October :/

• Reads Comic Prison Arc.

Watches TV Prison Arc.

Dafuq happened here?

• @Riadon said: I thought that it was mediocre from the beginning. The comic is much better, Telltale's writing is much better, and shows like Breaking Bad, The Wire, and Game Of Thrones shit all over it.

wo wo wo... easy man. Don't touch Game of Thrones ( removed on motives of the nice novel ) Breaking Bad - this TV series have the best acting game I have ever seen. You can't compare The Walking Dead with these soap operas.
    I'm not saying that the whole series shit, I like it, but the last time he was very spoiled because of differences with the scenario of a comic book.

• I guess I'm in the minority. I felt the finale had a happy ending, as far as happy moments go in The Walking Dead. While most viewers were anticipating the build up to the final confrontation during the second half of the season, I kept dreading it and hoping that somehow Andrea, in all her naivety, could put a end to it so no more people had to die. Considering all the hatred between the prison and Woodbury, it definitely could have ended much bloodier. They also derailed from the comics significantly. From a storytelling standpoint, I'm not sure where they plan to go with the show. I imagine it starting out a little slow and that putting off a lot of people.

• I really don’t give a shit about anybody who died in this episode except for Milton. I didn’t care about what happens to Andrea after the end of Season 2.

I felt a lot worse when Merle was killed. Not only that, even though Allan had a bigger (and less pointless) role in the comics, I didn’t give a shit about him, either.

I will say this, though: Carl is probably going to turn into a Shane by half-way through Season 4.

• @staticfl said: I'm hoping the governor just got in that truck and drove to a different state. I've had enough of him on this show already.

Ha, imagine finding him at Alexandria!

@staticfl said: I guess I'm in the minority. I felt the finale had a happy ending, as far as happy moments go in The Walking Dead.

I'm not opposed to happy endings (relatively speaking in TWD of course). I like how the last season ended. The farm was lost, Shane died never to redeemed, a bunch of farmhands got eaten, but it was still a happy ending of sorts. There was resolution to some of the on-going problems with that season.

But with this finale, ugh, I posted my reasons in the first thread so I won't repeat them here. It's just not up to par to what a finale should be.

• @double_u said:

I'm not opposed to happy endings (relatively speaking in TWD of course). I like how the last season ended. The farm was lost, Shane died never to redeemed, a bunch of farmhands got eaten, but it was still a happy ending of sorts. There was resolution to some of the on-going problems with that season.

But with this finale, ugh, I posted my reasons in the first thread so I won't repeat them here. It's just not up to par to what a finale should be.

I liked the ending to Season 2 as well, but it certainly didn't feel happy to me. They lost everything and people died. I know it goes against the drama and theme of the series, but I'm always hoping for them to eventually be safe and at peace. I agree with you that the finale didn't end with a bang and had us craving for more though.

Add Comment